girlfriend taking the plunge with var/first cycle

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
So my girlfriend is new to AAS.
She wants to run a Var cycle.
What dosages should she start with?
What sides should we watch for?
And could this effect birth control medication in any way?
Also, Would this effect her ability to have children in the future?
Thanks

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Start at 10mg 8-10 weeks. The sides for var are minimal... some bloat ect... I dont believe that it's a problem with birth control or future baby making.

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about the sides as stated by DF they are pretty minimal with var. Of course that doesn't mean throw caution to the wind... Everyone is different so just start with a low dose and monitor things and she'll be fine.

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
The main concern is if it will or will not effect birth control and\or later fertility

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
My girl did 5mg for 4wks then ended up at 15mg for 4wks the last 4 she really loved.. except lil water weight..

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you can start her at 10mg ED, see how that goes. Run it for 12 weeks. The only real side she might get is water retention...others have said high libido but I never got that with var ;)

Yes, she will be able to have kids :)

I will get you some info on the BC, sorry :(

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
couple of posts from another board regarding BC....

"You most likely won't find studies on this particular topic. As far as I've seen, there is no contraindications, however the effects of sending mixed messages to your body - BC regulates estrogen levels (and some - progesterone levels), while a steroid cycle manipulates your T, and depending, E & P levels.

In terms of pregnancy while on on cycle, again no studies, but wouldn't assume you "can't" get pregnant while on & would opt for staying on BC or go for an IUD option.
RE: gains - well ... its an on-going thing and we all know you need estro in your system to build muscle anyway. The higher E level BC I'd probably avoid if possible. Personally I've always stayed on low dose BC, as well as Nuvaring and most recently a Mirena IUD."

"as far as being on BC and cycle... I personally get off bc because you are working your body too hard with estrogen production... by taking aas, you are reducing your estrogen on purpose to gain what you intended to gain... by adding bc, you're going the other way... I think you aren't getting the full effect. the two are "fighting" eachother... I have been reading on this topic quite a bit and will try to locate some references ....but if you think logically what bc does and what aas' do... those are on the opposite spectrums... definitely not meant to work together... use other protection versus more hormones in your body... plus you aren't ovulating when on cycle long enough when your period stops so you won't get prego.... "

"There's no guarantees and have known women who have become pregnant while on cycle w/ interrupted periods. Anecdotally I've not heard of any birth defects involved. But still, no guarantees. Its a sliding scale of when you become 'completely incapable of conceiving'. The point being, you're playing the odds. Recommended if you're not going to be on BC, to use alternative BC. Thus the reason competitive BBs and other levels of women who cycle go to IUDs. Just like all the guys who have fathered children while on cycle - happens amazingly frequently if you consider what's going on. At least w/ guys there's no impact to the fetus - much bigger deal for the women."

Hope this helps, I don't have to worry about this so have never researched it

Trauma RN

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
The main concern is if it will or will not effect birth control and\or later fertility

I have been cycling since 1988, and I have one very healthy daughter....she is now 15. So I don't think fertility will be an issue..."from taking AAS"

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.
When she starts I'll keep yall updated on progress!

Reaction score
My GF is a NCAA swimmer and she is about to start some var. I dont want her to get caught doping cause she will lose her scholarships but she says they will not get her. I also want to know what kinda mood changes i might be in for and how she can get away with it?

New Threads