Brandon Lilly Injured

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the video on youtube but its been posted on facebook. Not sure in Brandon will post it. But he messed up his knee in epic fashion squatting. Came down in the squat and there was a loud pop and he fell over backwards with the bar. Sounds and looked like his knee dislocated and the tendons were torn up. If you catch the vid on youtube post it up. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Damn that sucks to hear. All the best for a speedy and full recovery.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hate to see that. Lilly is one of my favorites. Good guy, hope he comes back strong. That's a tough one to deal with.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I hate that for him. Hoping for a complete and speedy recovery for him.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ouch!!!!! Wow that has to hurt like a mofo. Wish him speedy recovery. Crazy.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In my prayers for sure... That's a really good brother right there, I know he'll come back - that guy is dedicated as ****

SAD

Reaction score
Snapped his patella (knee cap) in two. Definitely ligament damage, likely in both knees, but they won't know anything until the can MRI his knees, and they won't do that until the swelling/inflammation is down, which could be days.

As sick as it sounds, this gives me a boost in confidence. Let me explain. I've been dealing with some injuries over the last 8 months and it makes me question if I'm cut out to ever accomplish anything in this sport. I know it will always be a part of my life, but as a competitor I lost a lot of confidence. This kind of thing reminds me that it DOES happen to the best of us. I wish him nothing but the best.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Snapped his patella (knee cap) in two. Definitely ligament damage, likely in both knees, but they won't know anything until the can MRI his knees, and they won't do that until the swelling/inflammation is down, which could be days.

As sick as it sounds, this gives me a boost in confidence. Let me explain. I've been dealing with some injuries over the last 8 months and it makes me question if I'm cut out to ever accomplish anything in this sport. I know it will always be a part of my life, but as a competitor I lost a lot of confidence. This kind of thing reminds me that it DOES happen to the best of us. I wish him nothing but the best.

Its ****ed up that we both knew the day would come and you think you are prepared. Then it happens and you are just left with despair and this awful climb back.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

The more I deal with injuries an at the age of 45 the more I feel I should keep a strong strength with moderate weight like 500 to 600 squats and pulls.

I feel this way because I don't ever want to put myself 100% out of the gym for life.

To squat and pull 600 is good strength IMO.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn man..one of my favorite lifters out there. Its a damn shame and like you all said it can happen to the best of us. Hope he has a great recovery and comes back in good health.

Reactions: SAD

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Quick recovery to him. He's good for the sport IMO.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw the video yesterday. Sick

Reaction score
That shit makes me want to puke! You never want to
See a guy go down like that

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Brandon Lilly was injured in his third squat attempt at the LA Fit Expo on Sunday January 26th. According to Chad Wesley Smith, Brandon has broken his left knee cap in half, and there is likely ligament damage in both knees. Brandon Lilly will undergo surgery this morning to repair meniscus, patella tendon and quad tendon tears in both legs, as well as an ACL tear and totally fractured (like in 2 very distinct pieces) patella in the left leg. We will give you more updates as information becomes available.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/27108

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Brandon Lilly was injured in his third squat attempt at the LA Fit Expo on Sunday January 26th. According to Chad Wesley Smith, Brandon has broken his left knee cap in half, and there is likely ligament damage in both knees. Brandon Lilly will undergo surgery this morning to repair meniscus, patella tendon and quad tendon tears in both legs, as well as an ACL tear and totally fractured (like in 2 very distinct pieces) patella in the left leg. We will give you more updates as information becomes available.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/27108

That is awful to hear. Those are catastrophic injuries. I wish the best of luck to him regaining full use of his legs, never mind ever squatting those kind of numbers again.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I heard about this happening but didn't get a chance to see it until this post. I hate to see such awful injuries occur like that. I literally cringed watching. I wonder if in his mind while he was setting up, for a moment he thought something doesn't feel right and just continue to squat. I know a lot of you are of the Power Lifting training, throwing around massive weight, I pray that you all stay healthy. And here to a speedy recovery Brandon.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Lilly posted this on facebook

First I want to than Steve Denison for the invitation to compete in such a great event. Second congrats to Daniel Green for yet another World Record. On my squat as I descended my left knee popped wildly, and gave out, causing similar strain to the right leg. Thank everyone of the crew onstage, and EMT's on the scene. As of right now without surgery I'd never walk again as I sheared my ACL, meniscus, patella, tore both quad tendons, and MCL in both knees and the knee cap in my left knee will be replaced. I go in for surgery in 10-15 minutes, I just wanted to thank every single person for the comments, status updates, texts, and emails. This is just a bump in the road. I have one of the best knee surgeons in the US. Say a prayer or keep me in your thoughts... I appreciate you all very much, and I'll see you on the flip side.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
he is supposed to be at a contest on the 22nd in kentucky, just as a guest not to compete, i was gonna lift their but shit happens

New Threads