trying to get in better shape

Reaction score
20 yr old male trying to get into better shape. I have a man boobs and wide hips. Anyone know any tips to help.

Reaction score
Welcome to ugbb. I would recommend that you look through some of the threads we have on here first and than ask a little more specific questions. Man boobs suck by the way :'( sorry to hear that. Again, welcome.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
need more info brother ... How long have you been in the gym? height/weight ? How's your diet ?

For starters I would say get counting on your calories I use myfitpal google it or check it out in a app store its free I enter the amount of weight I would like to loose a week and it gives me a calorie goal. if you hit that goal you will drop pounds.

Next I would get a good lifting program I used a 5x5 novice program I found on youtube by juggernaut fitness if you search it you will find it . I made great gains on it

Finally if you are really out of shape I would do HIIT training on my off lifting days like sprints and low intensity cardio on my gym days like farmers walk and incline treadmill walking

Main thing is to get the diet in check and get started ! just doing push ups in the morning will help with the man boobs and if you can go get a pull up bar and do some pull up sets also with your push ups in the morning you will see some great results . Also get a ab wheel You will suck at it at first but in a few weeks it will strengthen everything in your upper body arms chest abs back its a killer core work out . So for 20 bucks and some discipline you will be very proud of yourself in a month guaranteed

Reaction score
I am currently 205lbs 6'4 Ive lost 50lbs since last year. I run on the treadmill for about 30 minutes every other day. Havent lifted weights in awhile.(probably should start haha) I am eating a bit healther than i was last year mainly rice beans and veggies.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. The first thing I'd recommend is that you change your screen name and change your mind set.

Your 6'4" dude! A ton of guys would kill to be that tall. You have a confidence problem.

The good news is you can build your confidence with discipline and hard work.

You need an overall plan that includes diet (I mean one designed for performance), workout regimen, and tracking system to track your progress.

Lastly, you must commit to changing your body 100%. The truth is its VERY HARD. That's why 95% fail. There are few secrets. What you'll need to learn is all on this site and it's relatively simple. However, the dedication needed to transform your body (the part your responsible for) is where the rubber meets the road. Become a part of this community to stay motivated and help you with daily commit that is required to get results.

Malevolence

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would start focusing on weight training and less cardio. A good diet plan and resistance training will pay off more in the long run. You can keep doing cardio but only a couple times a week and mostly in the morning in a fasted state. Figure out what your Basic metabolic rate (BMR) is and fine tune your diet. At your size you should also be drinking about 3l's if water a day. When your body starts to dehydrate, the metabolism will slow down by almost 40% so make sure you have plenty of water in your system. Then just start hammering the iron, working each muscle group about twice a week, giving plenty of rest between. Good luck bro!!

Reaction score
Hiking, walking, bike riding, get a curl bar do push ups, pull ups. If you can get a bench grab one of those and a couple of 20 pound dumbells. with that equipment you can work out your entire body target pectoralis and obliques hit shoulder also that will shrink hips and man boobage

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
bunch of good info here brother we are all pulling for you and are here to help :) Accountability is important also start a training log once you pick a program it helped me out alot in the begining b/c even though we are just a bunch of screen names the more you contribute the more the names become friends, encouraging and helping you on your path. Your only a few months away from feeling great! a few more you will love the results and before you know it you will be helping someone new to the board just looking to get in better shape :)

ImDennis

Reaction score
congratz on losing your weight, so far your doign good, if it aint broke dont fix it, keep doing what youre doing, not much you can do bout the birth giving hips other then embrace it though, though at 6 4, i wouldn't go anything less then like 180

New Threads