Mouth Guard

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone have a good recommendation for a good mouth guard? My teeth really hate me after squats and deadlifts and it's getting annoying.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd probably just get a cheap generic one at the sports store, boil it and bite down. COnsidering getting one too. My teeth are all cracked. Not just from lifting. When I get stressed I tend to grit my teeth. I don't grind them, I just seem to bite down hard and stay that way until my jaw starts to ache.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I got one two years ago from my dentist after he recommended it due to me grinding my teeth during workouts.

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Took me forever to figure out the link but it's there now ^^^^^^^^

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I use the under armour brand armour bite. It has wedges in the back you really want to destroy. Its expensive--$25 bucks.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd probably just get a cheap generic one at the sports store, boil it and bite down. COnsidering getting one too. My teeth are all cracked. Not just from lifting. When I get stressed I tend to grit my teeth. I don't grind them, I just seem to bite down hard and stay that way until my jaw starts to ache.

So much this!! I've been dipping a tin a day for about 20 years. Dentist says you'd never know I even dipped. But I grind my teeth I to nubs when I'm stressed or heavy dead and squat days. It's called bruxism. He says I'll need new teeth by the time I'm 50.

I've grounded and clenched my jaw bad enough to give me headaches that last a few days.

SF, I've tried some mouthpieces but they annoy me. Your best bet would be to try a non-contact mouth gaurd. They're not as restrictive as a regular mouthpiece for football or other contact sports, but they'll stop you from grinding your teeth.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So much this!! I've been dipping a tin a day for about 20 years. Dentist says you'd never know I even dipped. But I grind my teeth I to nubs when I'm stressed or heavy dead and squat days. It's called bruxism. He says I'll need new teeth by the time I'm 50.

I've grounded and clenched my jaw bad enough to give me headaches that last a few days.

SF, I've tried some mouthpieces but they annoy me. Your best bet would be to try a non-contact mouth gaurd. They're not as restrictive as a regular mouthpiece for football or other contact sports, but they'll stop you from grinding your teeth.

Lucky bastard... I'm packin a lippah right now. After a few weeks I have to stop cause my gums get torn to shit, bleeding and it looks and feels like my teeth will fall out. Although I'm kinda excessive with it. I'll pack damn near a quarter tin of kodiak. I can barely talk with it in.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can get a nice fitted one for around 100. That's what I'd get.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

You're lucky, like me. I've been chewing Kodiak for 25 years and neither my Dentist or hygenist know. I have one spot where my gums eroded a little bit but that's all. I always lie on my dental forms and say no tobacco so my premium stays lower.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to use a mouth guard while playing Flag football:/

Ezskanken

Reaction score
This is exactly what I was looking for! My jaw muscles hate me after squatting, benching, or BB pressing. Hard to eat the next day. Thanks for all the links too!

Last edited:

Ezskanken

Reaction score
you should try and find someone local that does personal ones...where they take a fitting of your teeth :)

this guy is in Cali but you get the gist ;)

I would, but I hate the dentist lol! Very childish of me I know, but every time I go they keep pushing back what we planned because they are running behind. I don't have time to waste during the week. The only time I can go to the dentist is when my wife is off, and she is very rarely off Monday through Friday. Might give it one more shot before we leave though. Get my last 2 cavities filled lol!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would, but I hate the dentist lol! Very childish of me I know, but every time I go they keep pushing back what we planned because they are running behind. I don't have time to waste during the week. The only time I can go to the dentist is when my wife is off, and she is very rarely off Monday through Friday. Might give it one more shot before we leave though. Get my last 2 cavities filled lol!

My experience has been that the dentist charges way more than an outside company..had one made and it was 500.00 from dentist...can you say "RIP OFF" :)

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
I got a cheap one from big 5

Make sure it's one you can mold to your teeth other wise it's annoying

Also I gave up the mouth guard and chew some big red.

You don't like big red then **** you - Ricky Bobby

Ezskanken

Reaction score

I ended up getting the Under Armour ArmourBites non-contact mouth gaurd.

Got it off Amazon with the free Prime trial lol! I've tried the standard mouth pieces before, even tried trimming them down, but still didn't like how it felt or how I looked like a damn chipmunk lol. Hopefully this one is the one.

Last edited:

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Lucky bastard... I'm packin a lippah right now. After a few weeks I have to stop cause my gums get torn to shit, bleeding and it looks and feels like my teeth will fall out. Although I'm kinda excessive with it. I'll pack damn near a quarter tin of kodiak. I can barely talk with it in.
A quarter tin Of Kodiak? lol that's a shitload of spit....!