Favorite Bencher?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice pillar. Yea I'm very familiar with the training programs for strength just never actually followed one myself. I've been focusing on strength as of late but no program. Been doing my own thing andseems to be working .

Actually been thinking about using the cube cus a few buddies of mine have been loving it. What u guys think of it?

Everyone including Lilly will tell you don't get hung up on a program. Its hard work that will get you to your goals. I haven't used Cube, but one thing I have noticed was a high injury rate. That's a completely unscientific observation on my part so take it with a grain of salt. There are two distinct highly effective methods to training. Block programs and wave programs. I happen to like both. I started out with a block program (Sheiko) and I like to see guys that want to get started in PL start with a block program. Its a sink or swim kind of situation. Make it thru a month of Sheiko and you are forged in the fire. An example of a wave program would be a Westside Template.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey POB, do you mind starting a thread with your style of training, or is this more of a paid service/client thing? Just curious. I love learning about all the different training styles for both PL and BB.

I have given a brief overview of it in a few threads. Its a 3 day per week program where on each day you lift a different percentage of the 3 event lifts followed by accessory work.

Going to cost you a lot of Pop-Tarts!

you're god damn right! Peanut butter poptarts bitch!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have given a brief overview of it in a few threads. Its a 3 day per week program where on each day you lift a different percentage of the 3 event lifts followed by accessory work.

you're god damn right! Peanut butter poptarts bitch!

I would add one major point just so we are clear. I am not Elite. Guys like worm and joliver would embarrass me on the platform. I'm just kinda dorky and think critically about my training and slowly developed something that worked FOR ME.

But I could probably take SFG in a raw meet :p

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah there are quite a few of us... The only ones that aren't PL are simply ones I haven't converted yet. Me SAD Big Worm SFGIants, Joliver and HEAVYDEADS are the ones I know best. We have a few guys coming up in the next few months like DieYoungStrong and Steelers4Life that will be breaking their cherry at some upcoming meets. There are more competitors I am sure. Just can't pickem all off the top of my head at the moment.

thanks ass wipe lol

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Truthfully i'm just a beer eating, pizza drinking, cross fitter that likes to hit PR reps with 135 on bench, squat, and pull lol.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I would add one major point just so we are clear. I am not Elite. Guys like worm and joliver would embarrass me on the platform. I'm just kinda dorky and think critically about my training and slowly developed something that worked FOR ME.

But I could probably take SFG in a raw meet :p

Yeah I'm piss weak these days with about 6 months down time last year and dealing with this damn injury but I must say you have come a long way in a short period of time.

What is great about Powerlifting is the stronger guys like Worm and Jolliver do the opposite of embarrassing the lifters like myself that have not been at is as long and have a much weaker base they will embrace you and teach you they will go out of their way to help make you stronger. Just don't be that super lean dude talking fat boy shit you do that and your not going to be making friends lol.

I don't truly know where my squat and bench numbers are but since bench has been the worst to deal with it must be low and my pull is about 550 right now I think. It's the squat and bench I had to really watch myself with these past 2 years.

With that said I have decided to focus on training for a meet (date unknown) even if I just pull, I have to play around with the bench more to see about full power.

I will say this, I got real depressed watching my squat and deadlift drop 100lb each but I have worked my pull back some now it's time to do so with the squat. Thank God for muscle memory!

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
SF what kind of injury u been dealing with??

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Cot damn. How'd u do that?

When I was a teen I got thrown to the ground by a man in his 26 and landed wrong then Powerlifting help tear it more lol, most damage was done as a teen never being fixed and forgotten about.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
pretty sure admin would fire me if I didn't post this one... Bill Crawford

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Jesus that sucks man. What do the docs say? Any surgeries? ?

New Threads