Smith Machine: Like or despise it

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
No. I just said free weights are a better choice. I can't do bb shrugs cus i have to lean over a little so it doesn't hit my junk and that gives me the worst back pumps ever(been getting back pumps since I was 14yo)

I was wondering what crank meant HAHAHAHAHA. Now I know. Have you tried some taurine to help with the pumps? It's helped me a great deal!

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I was wondering what crank meant HAHAHAHAHA. Now I know. Have you tried some taurine to help with the pumps? It's helped me a great deal!
Haha.

Yea I tried taurine and it did help a little expecially while running deca but I'vebeen getting em since i was super young and i really can't find anything to get rid of em. I get em washing dishes, brushing my teeth, changing my kids diapers, driving and so on. Sucks.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
So me doing shrugs with 2 plates on each side is me wanting to look like a bad ass? Haha. Free weights are obviously superior to machines but the Smith can be utilized effectively for some things including shrugs.

was saying shrugs in general...
shrugs and wrist curls are in the same category in my mind

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
iv tryd them...
i find it much harder trying to hold weight while pulling then sitting on a bench and flexing my wrist...

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
No. I just said free weights are a better choice. I can't do bb shrugs cus i have to lean over a little so it doesn't hit my junk and that gives me the worst back pumps ever(been getting back pumps since I was 14yo)

How much taurine did you try? I've used anywhere from 3-10g daily or a bit more on occasion.

Have you looked into a possible nutritional/vitamin/mineral/electrolyte deficiency?

Reaction score
Haha.

Yea I tried taurine and it did help a little expecially while running deca but I'vebeen getting em since i was super young and i really can't find anything to get rid of em. I get em washing dishes, brushing my teeth, changing my kids diapers, driving and so on. Sucks.

Lmao get them brushing your teeth hahaha

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
How much taurine did you try? I've used anywhere from 3-10g daily or a bit more on occasion.

Have you looked into a possible nutritional/vitamin/mineral/electrolyte deficiency?
I believe i was taking 6-9g. I don't know what they are from but they blow. It's probably a caused from some muscle imbalance but never can figure out what.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
shrugs are for guys who want to look like they can lift a lot of weight...
smith machine is also for guys who want to look like they can lift a lot of weight..

why take out the smith machine!?! its the best place for women to squat in yoga pants! are you guys crazy!?!?!
What's wrong with looking like you can lift a lot of weight? That usually means you can. A lot of dudes like the bulky, strong look....not everyone wants to be skinny and lean like you dude. I don't do shrugs, but I see alot of large dudes at my gym doing them.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use it occasionally to get some variety in my workouts. Also, sometimes when I get to the heavier poundages, while doing squats, I prefer to switch to the Smith, so I can go low safely.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
I use it occasionally to get some variety in my workouts. Also, sometimes when I get to the heavier poundages, while doing squats, I prefer to switch to the Smith, so I can go low safely.

You have no access to a rack? Or a spotter?

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I started lifting at a gym that only had a smith. I think you're cheating yourself by using one personally.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I think the worst thing i have ever seen on the smith was some douche **** laying on his back on the floor and pressing it up like a leg press. I'll actually try to get a picture of the guy doing this cus he does it like 5 times a week. Or people who do curls on it.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's called a vertical leg press. Most gyms don't have vertical leg press machines but some old school gyms will have them.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
It's called a vertical leg press. Most gyms don't have vertical leg press machines but some old school gyms will have them.
Yea I know what a real vertical leg press machine is but this just has "break my face" written all over it. I wish my gym had a real vertical press.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya I wouldn't attempt it on a smith either. That's asking for trouble

TheBlob

Elite
Reaction score
This. Can'tdo normal bb shrugs cus the bar hits my crank .

I totally agree my package doesnt hang low enough to avoid smashing my balls... I still dont use the smith machine though my work out partner would ridicule me in front of all the hot chicks... So I just smash my balls instead

New Threads