Arthritis and Growth Hormone Use

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know if AAS or GH Causes, has any effect or accelerates Arthritis.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did some quick reading. I can't find published research on it of any value. I found plenty of sites and blogs discussing ongoing research with GH and IGF-1 as a treatment for RA but there is nothing concrete.

Are you having joint issues with your GH? That is fairly common to experience joint pain as a side effect. If you are, what is your dose?

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good question jax. Where is ur suspicion of arthritis located?

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank you PB for taking the time to look that up for me, I couldn't find much either. Ive been having pain in my hip for a few years now, especially laying down when i sleep. I had an X ray a year and a half ago. doctor said it was mild arthritis. shortly after that when I started hitting 4 IU's of Rips the pain went completely away, and stayed away. even after I backed my dosage down to 2 IU's because 4 was too much for the joints in my hands. I was damn happy. I thought WOW this GH really does have some good healing or rejuvenating benefits. Ran out of Rips pain came back after a while so I had another X ray. now they say its severe arthritis. So my concern is how could it go from mild to severe in a year and a half. one doctor said its been going on for at least 10 years, has nothing to do with lifting heavy that its genetics. I don't believe that. So...on GH I have no pain but IM wondering if the GH or AAS has accelerated it from mild to severe.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank you PB for taking the time to look that up for me, I couldn't find much either. Ive been having pain in my hip for a few years now, especially laying down when i sleep. I had an X ray a year and a half ago. doctor said it was mild arthritis. shortly after that when I started hitting 4 IU's of Rips the pain went completely away, and stayed away. even after I backed my dosage down to 2 IU's because 4 was too much for the joints in my hands. I was damn happy. I thought WOW this GH really does have some good healing or rejuvenating benefits. Ran out of Rips pain came back after a while so I had another X ray. now they say its severe arthritis. So my concern is how could it go from mild to severe in a year and a half. one doctor said its been going on for at least 10 years, has nothing to do with lifting heavy that its genetics. I don't believe that. So...on GH I have no pain but IM wondering if the GH or AAS has accelerated it from mild to severe.

Truth is nobody knows Jax. The reason there are ongoing studies though is because the current treatment options are just bandaids. Not cures. They are hoping gh will be the answer.

I am wondering how they gauge whether it's severe or not. Sounds arbitrary. Are you thinking about going back on? I wonder what your doc would say if you told him this story.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im most definitely going back on. I got good relief from it but I am concerned if it had anything to do with the cause of it. the way they are gauging it is, that they say now that there is no cartilage left based on the last X ray and he cant explain how I am not in severe pain. I was tempted to tell him the story but someone told me not to that they will put that in your medical records and with this new obama care who knows what it could do to your insurance or premiums.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are talking about osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is tyipically caused by a wear & tear type process, which would include of course weight lifting. I dont know of any studies that have said GH would accelerate the process. If anything Gh should be regenerative & help heal the hip. You could shoot Doc a PM he know's studies inside & out... the geek.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I went to my Doctor I told him I was worried about bones getting weaker cause of my heavy lifting so he sent me to do some X-Rays and everything came back fine, but he told me that he would prescribe me Raloxifene (Evista), he said that this would help me in preventing any future issues. I been on Eli Lilly Evista for a few years already and I'm pretty happy with it.

New Threads