Partial Meniscus Removal Surgery

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

So I partially tore my medial meniscus of the rt. knee. At first I was limping with moderate pain and then it started to decrease and get better after about 2 weeks. Then I ended up reinsuring it and started limping again with pain. Saw an orthopedic surgeon and got an MRI. Diagnosis: oblique tear of the medial meniscus with Baker's cyst. Surgery scheduled for next Friday. It entails removing part of the meniscus that is torn/or being pinched by the femur and tibia.

Not looking forward to this b/c of the interruption in training as well as my small business that Im starting in April which involves heavy labor. If anyone has had the surgery or has a similar story post up. Thanks!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your injury. Interruptions in training drive me nuts. Hope all goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck with surgery, bud. How long did your Doc say recovery is?

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had meniscus surgery when i was younger, the surgery lasted about 30 minutes and i was putting some weight on it within a couple of days, you should recover pretty quickly

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Doctor said recovery should be about 4-5 weeks til I can train 100%. But like Bronco said weight bearing within a couple days or so.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Doctor said recovery should be about 4-5 weeks til I can train 100%. But like Bronco said weight bearing within a couple days or so.

That's not too bad, you'll be back to full force before you know it, dude.

New Threads