Training advice can KILL....Powerlifting training is NOT for the faint of heart.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Training advice can KILL....Powerlifting training is NOT for the faint of heart.

I was doing DE work last week in the gym. This random guy approaches me and wants to try benching with bands. I was working with lower weights, and it was well beneath his stated max, so I figured he would be ok. He was not. It blasted Mr. "i bench 350" like a rat trap. I estimated the weight at lockout to be 225lbs. Oh well. He approached me the next day and said his ribs were bruised but thanked me for the help.

The same guy was squatting about 3 feet away from parallel. He ask "am I hurting myself by not going all the way down?" I said it was hurting his progress. I directed him to box squat with a wide stance. He did it, and tore his hamstring.

So there you go. Two pieces of solicited advice--two injuries. I am going to need an attorney on my team soon. If you are a PLer and have passed the bar, please PM me.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll take your advice any time you wanna give it.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was doing DE work last week in the gym. This random guy approaches me and wants to try benching with bands. I was working with lower weights, and it was well beneath his stated max, so I figured he would be ok. He was not. It blasted Mr. "i bench 350" like a rat trap. I estimated the weight at lockout to be 225lbs. Oh well. He approached me the next day and said his ribs were bruised but thanked me for the help.

The same guy was squatting about 3 feet away from parallel. He ask "am I hurting myself by not going all the way down?" I said it was hurting his progress. I directed him to box squat with a wide stance. He did it, and tore his hamstring.

So there you go. Two pieces of solicited advice--two injuries. I am going to need an attorney on my team soon. If you are a PLer and have passed the bar, please PM me.

Are you Tonya Harding trying to take out any potential competition?

Trauma RN

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
OH MY STARS...no good deed goes unpunished!!!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
oh wow what a month that guy has had eh? figure now no one will ask u for help, as he will let the whole gym know u injure all competition!!! man that sucks.

AlphaM

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hardcore advise for hardcore liftin. I dig it

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its his problem. Fuk em.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

Had a teammate Becky Rich that went to law school but could never pass the bar so she gave up.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am the Tonya Harding of PLing.

On an unrelated note, there is this new lift that will really help your squat: Put your feet on a concrete wall with your legs locked out while you sit on the bumper of a truck that is in drive.....Static truck hold presses. Everybody is doing it.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll try those tonight.

TheBlob

Elite
Reaction score
Hey I just tried that and my knees got shoved out my ass,, now im only 3 and a half feet tall... But im squatting six plates now thanks jol :)

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I am the Tonya Harding of PLing.

On an unrelated note, there is this new lift that will really help your squat: Put your feet on a concrete wall with your legs locked out while you sit on the bumper of a truck that is in drive.....Static truck hold presses. Everybody is doing it.
And the Nancy Kerrigan of new lift concepts. lol

New Threads