Snack ideas

AlphaM

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I need some snack ideas guys this healthy eating is killing me and tired of snacking on steak and fruit. I'm really a fat guy at heart and I constantly eat, just trying to eat healthier. Post up what you guys snack on!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Kashi Crunch and vanilla soy milk is my "Go To" snack when eating clean.

AlphaM

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shit maybe I should just eat semi clean and not go full on chicken and brown rice all the time. Lol

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shit maybe I should just eat semi clean and not go full on chicken and brown rice all the time. Lol

Here's what I've found: by allowing myself a "cheat day" or even just a "cheat meal" once per week, I drastically reduce my cravings for junk the rest of the week. Mentally, it also makes it much easier for me to stay clean knowing that I'll have a "reward" for doing so in the form of my cheat meal. Also allows me to take out the Missus for dinner on a weekend - which is good for business :)

YMMV.

Surfliftsleep

Reaction score
Dont snack on too much fruit man its all fructose. Eat 6-7 meals a day that fit in your macros and chew gum and drink a lot of water. You just need to get your body used to not eating crap all the time. As above i have a cheat day each week to keep me sane and reduce shot foods during the week

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is a great snack.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Peanut butter Pop Tarts......ask POB, he buys by the truck load.

AlphaM

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^^ I was waiting for that one colt! I just want to cut down before I start a cycle so the gains are lean as possible. As in not just eating whatever to hit 5k calories

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Two Greek yogurts. String cheese. Banana.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
raspberry + mixed nuts

plain rye bread, sometimes with just PB

greek yougurt

oatmeal

and theres a protein bar which you make yourself....those arent too bad

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Dont snack on too much fruit man its all fructose. Eat 6-7 meals a day that fit in your macros and chew gum and drink a lot of water. You just need to get your body used to not eating crap all the time. As above i have a cheat day each week to keep me sane and reduce shot foods during the week

Dude there's nothing wrong with fructose. Besides the sugar content which a lot of foods have, fruit gives you much needed fiber, vitamins, minerals, flavanoids anti-oxidants etc. They are some of the best food choices to fit into a diet bc hey can help food cravings while still helping you get all your nutrients. A typical piece of fruit has low amounts of fructose anyway, about 2-6grams on avg of fructose, meaning you can eat plenty of fruit and not worry about fructose.

AlphaM: I'm usual snacking on fruits, veggies, Greek yogurt mixed with some cinnamon and fruit, a protein shake with milk, whey, and fruit, PB, granola, nuts and seeds (energy sense so be careful not to overeat), etc

Last edited:

AlphaM

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's all wicked info guys thanks a million. I'm hungry again. Ffs I need cookies and burgers and 2 lbs of bacon. COME ON CHEAT DAY

Surfliftsleep

Reaction score
Dude there's nothing wrong with fructose. Besides the sugar content which a lot of foods have, fruit gives you much needed fiber, vitamins, minerals, flavanoids anti-oxidants etc. They are some of the best food choices to fit into a diet bc hey can help food cravings while still helping you get all your nutrients. A typical piece of fruit has low amounts of fructose anyway, about 2-6grams on avg of fructose, meaning you can eat plenty of fruit and not worry about fructose.

AlphaM: I'm usual snacking on fruits, veggies, Greek yogurt mixed with some cinnamon and fruit, a protein shake with milk, whey, and fruit, PB, granola, nuts and seeds (energy sense so be careful not to overeat), etc

Yo docd not doubting you at all i mnow your a very knowledgeable guy but doesn't an average size banana or apple have around 25g of carbs? Im not saying fruit is bad but when im down to 9-10% bf ill really limit my fruit intake to a couple servings a day which is a serving blueberries on my oats pwo and a banana post.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
make some bacon extra crispy.
throw in zip lock bag
and enjoy threw out the day.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Yo docd not doubting you at all i mnow your a very knowledgeable guy but doesn't an average size banana or apple have around 25g of carbs? Im not saying fruit is bad but when im down to 9-10% bf ill really limit my fruit intake to a couple servings a day which is a serving blueberries on my oats pwo and a banana post.

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was jumping on your case, I was just typing quickly before going back to work.

Depending on size, yes it has around 25g of carbs but they're not all fructose. They have fructose, glucose, and sucrose. Now that you out your statement in a specific context yes it becomes a different story. The leaner you get the less cals you need so you need to make a decision as to what's most important bc you can't have everything. As you get leaner fruits are probably one thing that will decrease in consumption but only bc calories are limited and carbs (the predominant macro of fruit) are usually cut. Nothing is wrong with the fruit it just becomes an issue of context. Even when I've gotten lean though, I still try to get as much fruit as possible bc of all the nutrients they have and bc they can help suppress appetite with fiber and other minerals.

My shakes usually always have a banana and blueberries also. Sometimes I'll add raspberries and strawberries!

AlphaM

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well I'm at about 23%bf rite now and just looking to get down to 16 I'd say so I'm not going crazy lean. All good ideas guys

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
greek yougurt
berries
alomnds

it you feeling the urge to cheat a little throw some chocolate syrup on it

also one of my favorites
tuna and avocado, spicy mustard is optional but recommend

New Threads