Learning how to homebrew

T

TriniJuice

sup bros,
literally just started doing research on homebrewing today,
does anyone have good specific site/article on this to start off with....
im jumping around forums/threads/post/articles looking for info and writting shxt down but everyone has their own way on doing this, being a noob i have no idea what's right, wrong, or necessary...
where would be a good "start" for me

T

TriniJuice

This is what i have to start
Im only concerned in making, Test C, Tren E, Primo, and Var

to make Test C, Tren E, or Primo at 50mL@200mg/mL
10g powder
17.5mL Ethyl Oleate
16mL GSO
1.5mL BA (3%)
7.5mL BB (15%)

Melting Points- good for knowing quality/purity of raws
Turinabol= 225-230c
Test C= 98-102c
Anavar= 235-238c
Primo= 164-165c
Tren E= 72-78c

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
From the mouth of a master brewer to my ears:

"I never use EO, and never will"

"Don't follow online recipes as they repeat the same mistakes over and over again"

No need for 3% BA and also the amount of oil you use will vary depending on the displacement of the powder in liquid. These aren't static, different compounds/powders displace different volumes in liquid.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with EO just don't use it as a 100% carrier it's too expensive lol.

I hear boo hoo about EO form people but they don't complain about the gear they are running that has EO in it lol.

In many years I have yet seen anyone complain of a allergic reaction to EO from gear they run that I know has EO in it.

IMO I think all the scare from EO comes from years back with sources that couldn't get great quality EO and trust me the quality matters with EO even if your filtering it. Great quality EO is easy to get these days.

Think about it year back old school thinking wasn't what it is today, shitty EO and thinking 45um filters are all you need which is a crock of shit 22um is by far superior. Filter filthy Tren with a 45um and inject all that left over garbage, no thanks!

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
I was simply quoting what I was told but currently I can only find FDA approval for ethyl oleate as a food additive for ingestion not injection. If you look at ehtyl oleate's MSDS it's listed as an irritant to the skin, eyes, and if inhaled. There are plenty of anecdotal reports online about it's ability to cause an allergic reaction and how it can eat rubber or plastics if stored for too long in them. I personally choose to avoid EO but others like it.

Edit* I've put in a query to a pharmacist and a doctor to see if it has any pharmacological or medical uses.

Last edited:
T

TriniJuice

Supplies
Sterile Sealed Vials (50mL jugs)
Syringes (3, 20, & 50cc)
Glass Media Jar (250 or 500mL)
Glass Beaker (250 & 500mL)
Graduated Cylinder (10, 50, 100mL)
Spray Bottle
IA
BB
BA
GSO
Caulk Gun (for syringe filtration)
.22 Filter (for final product)
.45 Filter (for GSO)

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
You could probably get away without a glass media jar since you're not using a bottle top filter setup and plan on putting the brew in vials. You don't need to filter your GSO with a .45um filter.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I was simply quoting what I was told but currently I can only find FDA approval for ethyl oleate as a food additive for ingestion not injection. If you look at ehtyl oleate's MSDS it's listed as an irritant to the skin, eyes, and if inhaled. There are plenty of anecdotal reports online about it's ability to cause an allergic reaction and how it can eat rubber or plastics if stored for too long in them. I personally choose to avoid EO but others like it.

Edit* I've put in a query to a pharmacist and a doctor to see if it has any pharmacological or medical uses.

Dude just leave it alone your going to spook people, if a person knows how to brew they know how to use it just as well Guaiacol which is worse IMO and the other solvents used.

Last edited:
T

TriniJuice

You could probably get away without a glass media jar since you're not using a bottle top filter setup and plan on putting the brew in vials. You don't need to filter your GSO with a .45um filter.

couldn't edit it out, trying to jot down notes here so i could reference later and not have random papers lying around...
so i just need to filter the final product pretty much? not the GSO individually...

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
couldn't edit it out, trying to jot down notes here so i could reference later and not have random papers lying around...
so i just need to filter the final product pretty much? not the GSO individually...

Correct, filter final product only.

The powder will be dirty so to sterilize and filter anything used prior to final product is a waste of time.

Use a 22um never a 45um.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score

Like SFG said, if you filter the GSO and make it 'sterile' what happens when you mix 'unsterile' powder, bacteriostatic agent, and solvent? It becomes unsterile.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Like SFG said, if you filter the GSO and make it 'sterile' what happens when you mix 'unsterile' powder, bacteriostatic agent, and solvent? It becomes unsterile.

There was a lot of old school thinking that wasn't good thinking IMO, filtering the oil 1st is one example sterilizing the beakers another.

Everything from your sterilization system to what you use to and put the final product in better be extremely sterile.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
There was a lot of old school thinking that wasn't good thinking IMO, filtering the oil 1st is one example sterilizing the beakers another.

Everything from your sterilization system to what you use to and put the final product in better be extremely sterile.

I agree, filtering the oil isn't necessary just as it's not necessary to buy USP grade oil. I think some people filter the solution with a .45um filter before the .22um as a pre-filter....but again not really necessary from what I can tell.

When you say filtration system you don't mean the filter though right? The Whatman Zapcaps say un-sterile right on the packaging. Obviously the vials and/or media jar you use should be sterilized or you could be in for a treat lol

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I agree, filtering the oil isn't necessary just as it's not necessary to buy USP grade oil. I think some people filter the solution with a .45um filter before the .22um as a pre-filter....but again not really necessary from what I can tell.

When you say filtration system you don't mean the filter though right? The Whatman Zapcaps say un-sterile right on the packaging. Obviously the vials and/or media jar you use should be sterilized or you could be in for a treat lol

If one uses an un sterile system like the Whatman Zapcaps your talking about then it don't matter if anything is sterile because it's not getting sterilized to begin with, those are not for use that requires sterilization and anyone using something like that better get the sterile ones or no matter what you do your gear is un sterile with a lot of wasted time. The syringe types come in both sterile and non I didn't think the throw away units did also.

Now a good system the filters are bought separate and are not cheap they are 5 to 10 times thicker then a throw away kit, I can literally see through a throw away and is why they get ruined so easy with to much psi, eo and especially guaiacol. I have yet to see a good filter get ruined but I have seen plenty throw away kit break even with a media bottom because the filters are too damn thin.

What breaks the plastic on the throw away units is heat and or too much psi not the solvents and you have to really know how much psi to use with certain solvents, I don't think something like TNE with a lot of Guaiacol should even be considered done with a throw away unit.

T

TriniJuice

Question..
Have any of you made a higher concentration of primo before?
I see it's usually dosed @150mg/mL with 200mg/mL being the highest....im assuming if you'd want to make a higher concentration you'd need to use EO to prevent crashing and PIP

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Question..
Have any of you made a higher concentration of primo before?
I see it's usually dosed @150mg/mL with 200mg/mL being the highest....im assuming if you'd want to make a higher concentration you'd need to use EO to prevent crashing and PIP

You better stick to the basics 1st as Primo is one of the hardest to hold you will waste too much money trying to brew it.

Learn to crawl 1st bro.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
SFGiants, I was considering this: http://www.medical-and-lab-supplies...-zapcap-33-45mm-fitting-neck-0-22-micron.html
1. Is it sterile to begin with? I didn't see sterile anywhere on the page.
2. How do I MAINTAIN sterility once the product is filtered? (If I take the top off, won't the gear be exposed to air?)
3. What do you recommend?

A little air won't hurt keep in mind each time we draw from a vial we insert air.

Make sure the media bottle is sterile and the cap, once filtered put the cap on it and your g2g.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
If one uses an un sterile system like the Whatman Zapcaps your talking about then it don't matter if anything is sterile because it's not getting sterilized to begin with, those are not for use that requires sterilization and anyone using something like that better get the sterile ones or no matter what you do your gear is un sterile with a lot of wasted time. The syringe types come in both sterile and non I didn't think the throw away units did also.

Now a good system the filters are bought separate and are not cheap they are 5 to 10 times thicker then a throw away kit, I can literally see through a throw away and is why they get ruined so easy with to much psi, eo and especially guaiacol. I have yet to see a good filter get ruined but I have seen plenty throw away kit break even with a media bottom because the filters are too damn thin.

What breaks the plastic on the throw away units is heat and or too much psi not the solvents and you have to really know how much psi to use with certain solvents, I don't think something like TNE with a lot of Guaiacol should even be considered done with a throw away unit.

But does it matter if you're autoclaving anyway?

New Threads