High Creatinine levels

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I think this is over!

The Kidney Doctor called me yesterday with the results of the 24 hr test and my creatinine is down to 1.6. He said the total protein was on the upper end but nothing to be concerned about. We are going to retest in 6 months.

Thanks to everyone who has advised and followed. Stay well my fiends!

Reaction score
I just had the same issue a few months ago Snake. creatinine was high along with others. doctor sent me for a kidney ultrasound and good thing she did too. test showed my kidneys were mildly stressed. come to find out it was from an NSAID that i was taking for nearly 2 years. come to find out you can not take an anti inflammatory for that long of a period. so I stopped, got retested and levels went back to normal.
my point to you is make sure you get the test, your kidneys you don't want to mess with, you're all done if those go. everything may be cool but just go to make sure you don't have any issues. I know sometimes us guys like to blow shit off.

Hi JAXNY,

Hope you're well, but I have questions..
How long did you take NSAID and what for? Did you take everyday and how do you feel now?
Take care,

Reaction score
The Kidney Doctor called me yesterday with the results of the 24 hr test and my creatinine is down to 1.6. He said the total protein was on the upper end but nothing to be concerned about. We are going to retest in 6 months.

Thanks to everyone who has advised and followed. Stay well my fiends!

I know this is an old thread but how are you now? How are your kidneys doing:)?

Reaction score
Talk your doc into a complete abdominal ultrasound. May as well have everything looked at. I require an ultra on my kidneys every three years because of family history of kidney disease. I did not treat myself as well as I could have in my younger years and sleep a little better knowing my liver etc. has been gawked at. Extra cost, if there is any, should be negligible.

Edit, Didn't realize this was an older post. Carry on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Talk your doc into a complete abdominal ultrasound. May as well have everything looked at. I require an ultra on my kidneys every three years because of family history of kidney disease. I did not treat myself as well as I could have in my younger years and sleep a little better knowing my liver etc. has been gawked at. Extra cost, if there is any, should be negligible.

Edit, Didn't realize this was an older post. Carry on.

What are you doing to protect your kidneys? Is there any supplements or vitamins?

Reaction score
I am not sure there is anything that can really be done as far as supplements go. Stay hydrated, avoid alcohol, keep bp in check is what I've been up to. Actually as I think back it was only the first ultra that was originally scheduled for my kidneys. My father had kidney cysts which led to a radical nephrectomy. I asked for the full abdomen do to alcohol consumption. I rice sized cyst of some sort was spotted on my liver which is what has led to them being rescheduled every three years. Its benign but they want to keep an eye on it anyway.

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but curious what your current creatinine is? Still hovering in that area? I’m in very similar situation so I’m curious how it’s maintained over the past 5 years or so

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I cant answer for Snake, but as someone who has a benign kidney condition that has had me in and out of nephrology offices my whole life, these numbers being a little out of range (creatinine, BUN, bilirubin, etc) are going to be the norm for a heavy training bodybuilder. The urine test is what will tell the tale. Specifically, protein in the urine is the sign of damage. And for everyone not predisposed to kidney disease, blood pressure is the most important part of the equation.

Reaction score
Well I am a nurse so I’m fairly well versed in other values used to asses kidney fx. Currently no protein. ACR ratio <30. Cystatin C 0.82. Still just bothers me to see a creatinine of 1.5 even though I rationally know why it can be elevated. Seeing people on dialysis is enough to know I never want it myself.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Well I am a nurse so I’m fairly well versed in other values used to asses kidney fx. Currently no protein. ACR ratio <30. Cystatin C 0.82. Still just bothers me to see a creatinine of 1.5 even though I rationally know why it can be elevated. Seeing people on dialysis is enough to know I never want it myself.

24 hr urine test will answer those questions

Reaction score
I did one of those as well which gave me a crcl over 110. I guess I’m more curious about the long term effects of riding in the 1.3-1.6 range over a prolonged period.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Well, as far as I know, creatinine clearance is the main marker for overall kidney function and 110 is well within range. Im the same way so dont take this personally, but it sounds like youre worrying over nothing.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Correct on the protein consumption, doc always told me the same

Ultra sound is IMO could be looking for stones, they can cause issues also. Also spots that blood work won't show.

Ultra sounds are great, when cycling high I had kidney's and liver done.

HGH can give liver spots, we saw some with mine while on it. Once I came off the spots went away. HGH works from the liver.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Well shit, real old thread!
Apparently you're getting older too. lol

It's still good to add to a thread even if its years old. I bet between then and now, someone has read it and found it useful.

New Threads