Staying safe

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Last night our power went out; nothing new when you live in the sticks. About a half hour later, my wife received a text from a nearby girlfriend. Some guy went off the deep end and shot 3 people, 2 fatally.

The incident was only 4 miles away and it had my wife and my young men in the house worried since we are back in the woods. I fired up the generator, put on the flood lights, locked the doors and put my pistol back in my holster.

When the little men started asking if this guy could get to us or if something could happen to them I explained that we are fine. Thank God for Generac and Ruger!

nightster

Elite
Reaction score
Glad to hear that thats all you have to report!!! Keep the bang bang close!

Oldebull

Reaction score
I'm a S&W man myself, but I hear you. Peace of mind.
I'll add the big dogs to the list if I may. My big guy doesn't usually bark at strangers, but he does that low subtle growl, a diesel rumble, that is scarier than any bark. Good boy.

Trauma RN

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
image001_zps90842fb4.jpg

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm a S&W man myself, but I hear you. Peace of mind.
I'll add the big dogs to the list if I may. My big guy doesn't usually bark at strangers, but he does that low subtle growl, a diesel rumble, that is scarier than any bark. Good boy.

I have a pitbull, a dumb-ass wimp that gets the shit kicked out of himself by the cat. Best guard dog I ever had; a beagle. Son-of-a-bitch could hear and howl. Just let me know someone is coming down the driveway, I'll take it from there!

meat

Reaction score
I have a pit bull as well. She was a rescue, is a big baby who wouldn't bite a burglar, and is old now. Lol! The owner is who a bad guy needs to worry about as I have a shotgun, AR-15, an AK-47, and several Glocks. That combined with being a prior Marine, and yes, the bad guys need to go somewhere else, or else. Lol!

Reaction score
all we got are a bunch of 12 gauges, couple rifles, two ar 15. oh and a 10 gauge. **** that thing I won't shoot it.

nightster

Elite
Reaction score
I got a beagle shepherd mix ( hope his mom was the shepherd lol ) the guy is a great guard dog!

ProteinFarts

Reaction score
Good stuff I'm glad for you no one you love was injured. I got a 1000 bullets sitting in my safe. And two guns. In the end, the man with the most bullets wins. I'll just sit on my roof top and pick off zombies lol.

A couple years ago both my sons were out on the play yard at their school and a f**knot entered the school with a automatic gun and started shooting. My boys were feet away from him when he started shooting. They ran. Nearby construction workers ran him over with their truck and took him down before anything very bad happened. By miracle no kids were mortally wounded by the bullets. It's unfortunate my kids inocence was taken that day. Lots of crazies out there. I don't Shield them from reality but that was taking it a little far.

Reaction score
Wow that's pretty crazy bro! What a psycho to shoot 3 and murder 2 people! Glad to hear that u and ur family are safe and very well prepared. Awesome job as a father to reassure ur little guys that daddy has it under control and everything is gonna b alright. The last thing u want as a father is having ur kids up all night having nightmares about their safety and well being. Once again glad to see that u and the family are fine.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Stevethedream,

Thanks! I think we tend to through the term Alpha Male around a lot. Ok, most of the guys who put their time into a gym and by nature are type "A" personalities can hold their own. But last night showed me a different type of an Alpha Male; being able to tell my family, "Don't worry, I got this"

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
The second amendment is our friend, God Bless America!

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Snake, glad that all is well in that situation. You can fuk with me but don't ever fuk with my kids. My wife, 17yr old daughter and 8 yr old son, as well as me, all know how to shoot and all know how to bring ya down if you enter my house looking for trouble. Rifles, Shotguns and pistols will meet you in the entrance.

Anabolic Reality

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Been lookin for a handgun. What do u guys think about a glock 37? Anyone own one?

anewguy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pretty wild... I'm always near guns at home. Can't be too safe

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad things ended well for you and your family, Snake.

I'm a Glock guy when it comes to handguns, and an AR-15 guy when it comes to anything else. Keep the AR in the bedroom and the Glocks one in the nightstand and one in me workout room. My Missus knows if the SHTF to barricade in the bedroom and plink at anything that doesn't sound like me right through the damned door :)

New Threads