Athlete Bros

Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

I was around this forum a few years back when it was Steroidinsight, found this searching for that missing site. Can't remember my old username, but glad to be back chatting with you bros, especially since it has been quite a long time since I have cycled and I just started getting some things in the works.

Some of you may not agree with *Athlete* given the sport is Crossfit, but after talking to me you will understand that I am not part of the colt following which is crossfit. I'm one of the 3% that really trains for regionals and the games. I came upon this sport a few months back and loved it because it brings in a lot of the aspects of fitness I love in a short session from hell.

I don't run the typical 20 minute metcons for my training, right now I am strictly focused on my olympic lifting and gymnastics so my routine would look like a deformed mix of olympic powerlifting, mixed with gymnastic movements, and some interval sprints of whatever I need to get better at (run, burpee, row, double under, sled, etc). I currently am working with a trainer to help me get more explosive and master my form on my movements, so my training is sometimes twice a day when I have time between a demanding job as well as night class. Typically I will wake up at 5am to get to it for about two hours.

So again, I don't do crossfit workouts, I do crossfit specific training. Just like a football player does football specific training, sure there are a lot of people that may play football (touch or flag) for a fun workout or friendly sport, just like some people do crossfit as a much better alternative to the typical zumba/spin class at the gym. But there are some higher tier guys that train in a much more specific way, just like bodybuilders train in a specific way for their sport.

Glad to be here, happy to contribute and learn.

Peace,
Love,
Marly

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Enjoy your stay this time around

Malevolence

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Somehow I remember you even though your name is different. Must be the way you type?!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

woodswise

Reaction score
Welcome Bro.

We get it. Like a football player who does ballet to improve his football, you are doing crossfit to improve your athleticism. That means you're not a crossfit fag -- have I got that right?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Sounds like an apologize for being an “Athlete”. I’m going to take a chance at this; any chance you're a “Middle age” guy? It just sounds familiar. You should (sounds like you are) be proud of who you what you do. Very few guys could carry that intense of a schedule you have let alone be productive at it. I’m looking forward to having you around!

Reaction score
Sounds like an apologize for being an “Athlete”. I’m going to take a chance at this; any chance you're a “Middle age” guy? It just sounds familiar. You should (sounds like you are) be proud of who you what you do. Very few guys could carry that intense of a schedule you have let alone be productive at it. I’m looking forward to having you around!

I hope I'm not considered middle age lol 25 years old, which is what makes my schedule possible....I have 0 real responsibilities. I have my training, work, and night class. I choose to keep my personal life simple to pursue my lifes goals.

But appreciate ya bro...looking forward to shootin the shit with all you meat titans.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGB Marly.

New Threads