Dorian Yates on the effects of AAS

Reaction score
Excellent post Nble! Dorian is AWESOME man! I really appreciate all that he's done and he always tells it like it is. I like the question asked if he would recommend or let his own son use aas and the first thing he said was Yes! Why? Just like Dorian explained if u use them correctly, DON'T abuse them and do ur research than yes they can b ran safely. This just makes me appreciate UGBB that much more because of the knowledgeable information we can obtain from each other's experiences. We are very fortunate to have this opportunity to learn as much as we possibly can in order to stay safe and healthy. Thank you UGBB!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great interview with Dorian.

ProteinFarts

Reaction score
good post! I love how Dorian trains. Shock and aww. He does like one 15 min monster drop set and goes home.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great post! For once not a BS politically correct (female) reporter saying teenagers are beating up the mom's due to roid rage or some other bull.

Dorian is the man! My favorite quote from him, "Moderation in bodybuilding is a vice, moderation in discipline is failure."

Surfliftsleep

Reaction score
I love how he bought up mcdonalds, it infuriates me how the media bashes aas and their uses, while they let people walk into these food chains and slowly kill themselves without a flinch of an eye, they've finally started putting ads on tv in aussie about how these foods kill you.
The bad rep mainly comes from these young kids that have no idea what there doing and as dorian said people that are naturally angry people and do aas can become very aggressive, but in saying that i still don't understand why alcohol is legal..

Reaction score
Thank you Dorian, who happens to be my favorite all-time bodybuilider and his drive and motivation especially I tapped into that because of him in other areas of life - school, work, etc.

As a pre-pharmacology major. This is is so spot on true. I did graduate work in medicinal pharmacology and physiology at Mizzou and sat there for hours looking up what they term incidents of toxity, essentially meaning when an autopsy is performed they will then determine the cause of death, be it natural, heart attack, heroine overdose, etc.

NOT ONE case has every been validated where following an autopsy the cause of death was listed as "Anabolic Steroid Abuse."

It's such an easy media target to gain viewers and those who speak negatively about how dangerous they are - and Im not trying to be arrogant - but they have no peer reviewed journal research like I just mentioned to support their claims.

Same class as Heroin. Ridiculous.

Dorian impacted my life beyond he being the main inspiration to become a competitive bodybuilder(which I did get the opportunity to say to him when I met him at the Arnold Classic a few years ago) but his intellect, preparation, discipline and overall incredible intelligence has impressed me and inspired me just as much. Dan Duchaine once said in a lunch with Charles Poliquin, (I'm guessing the quote here but this is the essence of it), Dorian is so much stronger mentally and of such greater intelligence than his competitors. That is the main reason he can't be beat."

Reaction score
6x mr Olympia with no lasting side effects... Really says something as far as the safety of long term steroid use if taken properly. Dorian has a video called blood and guts that's pretty inspiring if anyone is a fan