powerlifting competition

Fsuphisig

Elite
Reaction score
I've been giving some thought about entering a competiton, I was having a trainer at my gym fine tune my squat form and he kinda got me into the idea, is there a certain league or something I should do my first in, just want to see what its like and how I do

Reaction score
Just search around for any local competitions and don't worry about leagues right now. Where are you from?

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
They are called meets, find a team to train with and learn about the sport it will take you a long way in a short amount of time.

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
See if you can find a real PL gym around your way. Check powerliftingwatch.com for gyms. Having a team makes all the difference. You can look up meets there too.

Fsuphisig

Elite
Reaction score
Ok thanks, also I was thinking about running the cube method, but it might be too advanced for me

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm always late to the party but I agree with SFG and POB. If you get a good team you will progress so much faster.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, also I was thinking about running the cube method, but it might be too advanced for me

The Cube or 5/3/1 is about as simple as it gets in my opinion brother. both work great and aren't very complicated at all.

New Threads