Trouble sleeping

Reaction score
Good point Doc. Circadian rhythms directly affect hormonal production. Completely slipped my mind. I'm glad you caught it

So I guess me working nights isn't helping either. I get very little if any sun at all. I do have a lightbox though but who knows how much that is really doing something for me.

TheBlob

Elite
Reaction score
Hey I had the same problem, went to a psychiatrist and told him my issue, it was causing anxiety, exhaustion etc. I was prescribed mirazapan (not sure if spelled right) anyway it works really good.. No grogginess in morning sleep 45 minutes after taking it.. Check into it was a Godsend for me brother

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
So I guess me working nights isn't helping either. I get very little if any sun at all. I do have a lightbox though but who knows how much that is really doing something for me.

I've read some studies of night shift workers having an increased rate of cancer. Not sure if it's related to vitamin D deficiency from lack of exposure to the sun or not. Sorry, not trying to scare ya. And its not particularly my area of expertise. Not that I'm an expert at anything except ****ing up good relationships and finding the next one to **** up

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
WOW!!! I'm glad I read this thread. I didn't know sleep apnea was so common. I definetely have it. I haven't been tested yet. I've blown the test off because they said the only remedy is the cpap machine. Right there I was thinking that there is no way I could sleep with a mask on my face. So I never went. But I didn't realize how serious it is.
My girl tells me I constantly stop breathing in my sleep and that she has to shove me to make me start breathing again. I've had a couple of episodes where I jumped up from a sound sleep gasping for air like I was under water. Scared the F..ck out of me.
And I snore like a bear. I mean a real bear. I can sometimes wake my self up from my own snoring. Especially when I'm bulking.
Damn maybe I should go and get this test done too.
How bad is it to sleep with something on your face? I toss and turn too so I figured I'd get tangled on the hose as well.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score

Working nights does have drawbacks but I know testosterone specifically works on a diurnal rhythm so it works around your sleep patterns. If you were to get tested for natural test production your want to go as soon as you wake up whatever hour that may be. Widehips touched upon vitamin D deficiency which is a valid concern for night workers. Just try to get as much sunlight as possible and supplement as needed with vitamin D3. You can get tests done to check your vitamin D levels (a necessary precursor for hormonal production).

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
WOW!!! I'm glad I read this thread. I didn't know sleep apnea was so common. I definetely have it. I haven't been tested yet. I've blown the test off because they said the only remedy is the cpap machine. Right there I was thinking that there is no way I could sleep with a mask on my face. So I never went. But I didn't realize how serious it is.
My girl tells me I constantly stop breathing in my sleep and that she has to shove me to make me start breathing again. I've had a couple of episodes where I jumped up from a sound sleep gasping for air like I was under water. Scared the F..ck out of me.
And I snore like a bear. I mean a real bear. I can sometimes wake my self up from my own snoring. Especially when I'm bulking.
Damn maybe I should go and get this test done too.
How bad is it to sleep with something on your face? I toss and turn too so I figured I'd get tangled on the hose as well.

It certainly can negatively impact you Jax and can be dangerous. One of the members here I know is on the CPAP machine and it took some getting used to but now has no trouble sleeping with it on.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It certainly can negatively impact you Jax and can be dangerous. One of the members here I know is on the CPAP machine and it took some getting used to but now has no trouble sleeping with it on.
Yeah I'm going to schedule the test on Monday. I guess if you guys can manage to sleep with it I should be able to also, everyone does say it makes them feel much better. I already have the referral from my doctor.
You know this really is a great board we have here.
Can't wait to see the reaction from my girl when I come at her for sex with this mask on me sounding like Darth Vader. LOL.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to schedule the test on Monday. I guess if you guys can manage to sleep with it I should be able to also, everyone does say it makes them feel much better. I already have the referral from my doctor.
Can't wait to see the reaction from my girl when I come at her for sex with this mask on me sounding like Darth Vader. LOL.

Just to clarify I think I may have sleep apnea as well but it's not been diagnosed and I've never tried a CPAP.

When you do go at her like that make sure to snap a pic of the look on her face and use it as bargaining material for later hahahahaha. Good luck on Monday and make sure to put your results up here!

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify I think I may have sleep apnea as well but it's not been diagnosed and I've never tried a CPAP.

When you do go at her like that make sure to snap a pic of the look on her face and use it as bargaining material for later hahahahaha. Good luck on Monday and make sure to put your results up here!
Definitely will do.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Jax, get that test done, bud. My wife couldn't sleep one night and she listened to me snore and quit breathing and struggle for air. When I got up the next morning she already had my sleep study scheduled. She was scared shitless listening to me sleep. I got used to my mask in about 3 or 4 days bud. My Dr. was telling me how hard sleep apnea is on your heart. When you're sleeping and you quit breathing all the muscles around your heart tense up and cause stress on it and make it work harder, so if you have a bad case of apnea your heart is working twice as hard as it should all night long. It's no joke , boss. You will feel like a million bucks every morning when you wake up, once you get used to your machine. My wife just laughs at me when I put the moves on her with my mask on. She also laughs at me when I don't put it on, because she knows what coming lol.

Last edited:

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to call on Monday and set it up, seriously. My girl says it's bad when I stop breathing and I do it a lot. I guess I've got to stop and realize I'm not quit as invincible as I thought I was when I was younger. Lol.
Thank you guys for making me more aware of the seriousness of it.
Its kind of funny how sometimes we will blow off what a doctor is telling us but when one of our buds tell us we seem to take it to heart more....should be the other way around.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to call on Monday and set it up, seriously. My girl says it's bad when I stop breathing and I do it a lot. I guess I've got to stop and realize I'm not quit as invincible as I thought I was when I was younger. Lol.
Thank you guys for making me more aware of the seriousness of it.
Its kind of funny how sometimes we will blow off what a doctor is telling us but when one of our buds tell us we seem to take it to heart more....should be the other way around.

Wise move, Brother. Good luck with the test.

Reaction score
Working nights does have drawbacks but I know testosterone specifically works on a diurnal rhythm so it works around your sleep patterns. If you were to get tested for natural test production your want to go as soon as you wake up whatever hour that may be. Widehips touched upon vitamin D deficiency which is a valid concern for night workers. Just try to get as much sunlight as possible and supplement as needed with vitamin D3. You can get tests done to check your vitamin D levels (a necessary precursor for hormonal production).

I had my vitamin d checked a long time ago and it was low. I'm up to 25000iu a day. I'm looking into a cpap trial now.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
I had my vitamin d checked a long time ago and it was low. I'm up to 25000iu a day. I'm looking into a cpap trial now.

Supplementing with pills or other means? If you're not absorbing the pills properly there are injectable vitamin D preparations you could try.

Reaction score
I alternate between these two remedies:

1) 20mg immediate release melatonin (Wal Mart is the only place I've seen that has the 10mg orally dissolving tabs). Plus 800mg or more Magnesium. When I wake in the night, I take one more 10mg melatonin.
2) Ambien

I had a sleep study done five months ago. I snored very loudly but even my wife didn't think that I had apneas. We were shocked to hear that I had 29 apneas an hour! They let me try the mask and the nasal pillows. I'm a side sleeper, so the nasal pillows worked best for me. The mouth opening during sleep is a problem, but I try to lightly wedge a pillow up under my chin and can usually sleep several hours before an adjustment is needed.

Don't know why I didn't do this years ago.

My advice if you are going in for a sleep study: definitely take some melatonin, ambien, or Xanax and REALLY put yourself to sleep. I've heard lots of people just couldn't get comfortable and fall all the way to sleep and then they didn't snore/quit breathing and didn't get the CPAP, even though their spouse swears they have apneas.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jax, you get that sleep study appt. set up yet? If not, I'm gonna keep bothering you til ya do....Monkey you better do one too, bud.

Reaction score
Jax, you get that sleep study appt. set up yet? If not, I'm gonna keep bothering you til ya do....Monkey you better do one too, bud.

It may be a little while unfortunately. Hopefully the other guys get theirs

New Threads