You guys want to have a little ongoing Weight Lifting competition?

ProteinFarts

Reaction score
I have no one to train with ATM. I have a lot more fun when there is a little competition. Let's go by weight class. That's fair. So what you think...

:: Weight Classes ::

150 lbs - 175 lbs
175 lbs - 200 lbs
200 lbs - 225 lbs
225 lbs - 250 lbs

:: Lifts ::

Bench
Squats
Deadlift
Weighted dips
Weighted reverse grip pull ups
Flat bench dumbells
Incline bench dumbells

Post your max or as safe as you feel hitting your max. Full extension and proper form is a must. Don't cheat! Belts and wrist straps are fine. Feel free to add lifts of your own. Or adjust the weight class as see fit. I'm not much of a power lifter so I don't do things such as clean and jerks and etc. But I do the basics like above. Once I recover from my pool weekend I will post up some of my numbers. They won't be mind blowing trust me. Please feel free to do the same. It's fun when you get neck and neck with someone. Sometimes it's just the push you need to take it to the next level.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't think I will participate in the "weighted reverse grip pull-up" portion of the event lol. Bench, squat, dead, and weighted dips are awesome, and I'll pass on the rest.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
No fatties allowed. Lol.

Pf when u say max on db Incline and flat u mean for a single? That's kinda hard to do cus most gyms don't have big enough dbs. Should do max reps with a certain weight or something like that.

Could be fun.

And def should add push press or ohp in there.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yup im between 205-210 fluctuating each week, trying to get up to 230!!!..... my lifts are weaksauce but lets get er on... Guy ledueche

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Or do max reps with your bodyweight on the big 4 lifts.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like this. Good call brother.

One caveat...I say anyone can call bullshit on anyone else. What this means is that you have one week to post a video of that particular lift.

What do you say? Adds a little more skin in the game wouldn't you say?

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm with Steelers and Ecks on this one...

I am going to run a 4 week Sheiko starting Monday then I will post.

Let's keep this going...

ProteinFarts

Reaction score
Are you guys kidding me. Surely your smart enough to notice the pattern and fill in the blanks. Do I need to include 425 - 450 too?

150 lbs - 175 lbs
175 lbs - 200 lbs
200 lbs - 225 lbs
225 lbs - 250 lbs
Blank
Blank

Start which ever competition you want. You like doing high rep push-ups post it up! I did this with my friend for a long while and because of it I was able to get my mile under 7. Every few days I would get a text saying he bested my last by a few seconds. Then I would best his. It was fun. I like putting lots of weight between my legs and doing pull ups. If you don't don't do it. Post up a lift that you like. There are no rules. Just have fun and push yourself. Friendly competition is a good thing and can be a strong motivator.

I'm 215 at the moment. I actually haven't done any of those lifts for maxes in quite some time. When I do I will post here.

Last edited:

ProteinFarts

Reaction score
OP post

Post your max or as safe as you feel hitting your max. Full extension and proper form is a must. Don't cheat! Belts and wrist straps are fine. Feel free to add lifts of your own. Or adjust the weight class as see fit. I'm not much of a power lifter so I don't do things such as clean and jerks and etc. But I do the basics like above. Once I recover from my pool weekend I will post up some of my numbers. They won't be mind blowing trust me. Please feel free to do the same. It's fun when you get neck and neck with someone. Sometimes it's just the push you need to take it to the next level.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Let's see who can do the most reverse grip underhand overhead extension tricep pull down presses. Those are tough.

ProteinFarts

Reaction score
Ok...

weight 215
- reverse grip pull up my max was 60 lb dumbell between my legs. Repped 2 last set.
- Wide grip dips my max was 60 lb dumbell between my legs. Repped out 5 last set. I was hesitant to go any heavier today as it was hurting my shoulder quite a bit for some reason.

New Threads