Want to live to 120 yrs old? Let's compare notes

Lilo

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
I'd worry more about having what to live for.

I've lost a great friend to suicide when she was still in her twenties. When we were both just kids, I don't think that longevity wasn't on her goal list. Her parents had a very healthy lifestyle, but nu parent hopes to outlive their child.

My point? As we get older, and based on experiences, our perceptions on life will change many times.

Tomorrow I want to live to 120, the day after - I don't. All sorts of accidents can happen in the meantime. I don't know when or how it's going to end. All I care about is that when it does, if I ever get the time to look back, I'll go out with a smile.

So yeah - "do stuff that makes you happy so you WANT to live longer" - that's on my daily list of supplements. Sometimes I'll be sarcastic or facetious* about anything and everything. Who cares. Ride the wave, dude :)

*Severity can vary but most cases are mild and moderate

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think that multi-vitamins and baby oil will do much for your longevity mate...

To start with, as pointed out by Jol, big people have shorter lives, that's a fact. No really tall guys or BBers in the 100+ club.

If you get a close look at the longevity record owners, they most often had a life actually deprived of quality food, vitamins, etc...like if harsh life conditions had actually slowed down their aging instead of accelerating it.

Longevity is mostly genetic, as it has been outlined by a few members we all know a smoking drunkard who made it past 95 as well as a Mr or Ms HealthyLife who died at 40 from a shitty disease.

On top of that, sports is not healthy at all when done at high intensity, which is the case of most people here. Yes, it is good for you to have an active lifestyle, but practising a sport at a high level is very taxing and tick off a few years from your life expectancy...That's Tyrell's answer to Batty in Blade Runner, "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long".

I don't want to sound condescending or paternalist but thinking that you'll make it to 120 by caring about food and vits while lifting hard and juicing is a bit naive.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This one is a toss up to me

I would never wanna see my kids die before me

All the supplement stuff is good to a point

Be realistic bro..I hope u live to 120 but u wont.

Unless ur Asian and don't juice

lol, my step-mothers mom is Japanese and she will be turning 103 this year...she has a beer everyday and doesn't take any supps!!!!!

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
My grandma is 87 and was on top if her roof a few weeks ago shoveling the snow off Hahahaha we were laughing our asses off when she told us about it. Both her sister lived to be 99 and 98 and drank wine everyday.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My grandma is 87 and was on top if her roof a few weeks ago shoveling the snow off Hahahaha we were laughing our asses off when she told us about it. Both her sister lived to be 99 and 98 and drank wine everyday.

my grandma is 94 and my grandfather passed at 97 of pretty much old age, he had no illnesses. It's genetics :)

ProteinFarts

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Thank you for those that support positivity. It's good to know there are some rational thinkers around here. The amount of negativity in this thread is very reminesant of bodybuilding.com. I am not a fan of it. Nore will I partake.

Let's assume I have the quality of life figured out already ok. I've moved on. You can have quality and quantity you know. It's not a either or.

I am surprised that within a group of people that spend a lot of time on completely transforming their bodies with basically nothing more than will power alone you guys would shrug off the power of "will power" like that.

Apparently some you are, but I will not be spending my twilight years in a wheel chair with a broken dick. Old does not mean life less you know.

Maybe some of you have warped you minds so much that you have convinced your self that taking certain things can't hurt you. But I have news for you. They can. And if things can hurt you then logic would dictate that things can also help you. Saying that taking healthing supplements and healthy foods your whole life will not increase your length and quality of life, is one of the most ignorant statement I have ever heard.

To come to a conclusion that I am insensitive to others, because I want to be healthy and live a long time, is quite possibly the largest stretch of ones logic I have ever witnessed. Congradulations.

And yes I agree genetics plays a large role.

Last edited:

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...

Thank you for those that support positivity. It's good to know there are some rational thinkers around here. The amount of negativity in this thread is very reminesant of bodybuilding.com. I am not a fan of it. Nore will I partake.

Let's assume I have the quality of life figured out already ok. I've moved on. You can have quality and quantity you know. It's not a either or.

I am surprised that within a group of people that spend a lot of time on completely transforming their bodies with basically nothing more than will power alone you guys would shrug off the power of "will power" like that.

Apparently some you are, but I will not be spending my twilight years in a wheel chair with a broken dick. Old does not mean life less you know.

Maybe some of you have warped you minds so much that you have convinced your self that taking certain things can't hurt you. But I have news for you. They can. And if things can hurt you then logic would dictate that things can also help you. Saying that taking healthing supplements and healthy foods your whole life will not increase your length and quality of life, is one of the most ignorant statement I have ever heard.

To come to a conclusion that I am insensitive to others, because I want to be healthy and live a long time, is quite possibly the largest stretch of ones logic I have ever witnessed. Congradulations.

Don't let these guys pee in your Wheaties brother.... Bunch of grumpy fukrs! You do what you do & keep sharing!

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't let these guys pee in your Wheaties brother.... Bunch of grumpy fukrs! You do what you do & keep sharing!

Wheaties is not so good of a choice Df. How about don't let these guys pee in your steel cut oats........much better carb.

nightster

Elite
Reaction score
I'm going to live until I die... thats all we can do.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Hmmm...

My only comment in this thread was that I don't wish to live to a ripe old age, ~60 is more than enough for me. This comment has me puzzled though and especially the highlighted portion.

In another thread you claimed humans have only evolved to Eat meat and berries. I'm sure you have other foods but these were the two you mentioned as being the best and the logic behind it was that we've evolved over thousands of years to eat these foods. This is he actual post I'm referring to

We ate meat and berries for 1000's of years. That is what our body prefers and has adapted too. Even if it's been the opposite for the last 100 years. It takes many more generations than that to morf any body functions. So that is the diet I would suggest mirroring. I do the meat. Not so good at the berries.

My question is how do you reconcile your position about evolution on one hand and 'healthy supplements' on the other? Your logic dictates we haven't adapted to supplements. Healthy or not, and that remains to be seen in situations where deficiency isn't an issue, taking them doesn't mean you'll live longer than someone who doesn't. If you agree genetics plays a role than scientifically speaking genetics is the only thing able to increase your life span. Your healthy living will only allow you to express whatever your genes dictate they won't add to it, although they could certainly take away from it.

I'm not trying to hate on you either but your stances are puzzling.

ProteinFarts

Reaction score
My only comment in this thread was that I don't wish to live to a ripe old age, ~60 is more than enough for me. This comment has me puzzled though and especially the highlighted portion.

In another thread you claimed humans have only evolved to Eat meat and berries. I'm sure you have other foods but these were the two you mentioned as being the best and the logic behind it was that we've evolved over thousands of years to eat these foods. This is he actual post I'm referring to

My question is how do you reconcile your position about evolution on one hand and 'healthy supplements' on the other? Your logic dictates we haven't adapted to supplements. Healthy or not, and that remains to be seen in situations where deficiency isn't an issue, taking them doesn't mean you'll live longer than someone who doesn't. If you agree genetics plays a role than scientifically speaking genetics is the only thing able to increase your life span. Your healthy living will only allow you to express whatever your genes dictate they won't add to it, although they could certainly take away from it.

I'm not trying to hate on you either but your stances are puzzling.

No your a smart guy I appriciate your feedback. I don't mind debating. I just prefer to do it in a friendly way. And I don't claim to know everything. That's why I said let's compare notes.

Well that's basically what they ate right? So we agree on that? Of course dependent on region and race. We will all at least agree we ate some diet based on Omnivores. We can probably all agree that is was mainly unprocessed and what they could forage for. Meat, berries (fruit), and vegetables. Science has of course come a long way. Science can fill in the holes that our foods we eat today don't provide. Fast food and all that crap - no CLA in cows anymore and etc. I am not very good at eating those whole foods I listed. I try but not very well. I do what I can. I do take the supps each day though. Not all of them - a third each day. To expensive otherwise. So i guess I try and take what I know about our base diet, and add to it the way I best know how. Just as we add mass amounts of protein to gain more muscle because science has proven it beneficial to achieve that goal.

I am a firm believer in antioxidants. I am not alone. Millions of others believe as I do. Here is a good example. Genetics play a large role in your muscle frame too. How big. how small. how estetically pleasing to the eye. Void of enhancement drugs, you can only manipulate that base genetic structure to a certain point for the most part. You cannot completely flip it. Become another body. You either have big joints or small joints. You have a little waist or a blocky one. Wide shoulders or narrow. Again you can add or take away from these areas of course.

The same goes with my assessment. Say I don't do a single thing good or bad. And my ticket was punched at 80. If I lead a shitty life then maybe I can take away 20 yrs off that number. A good life and maybe I can add 20 years. We can all only manipulate what we got. Mind and body. Highschool reunions are a good example of this mindset. My parents just went to theirs at 62. A great deal of them were on their last leg. My parents just climbed mt Kilimanjaro. My parents take all the supplements and whole foods I do (to even a better degree on their own accord). Not that I needed it, but in them I see direct evidence that it pays off.

Tell me I'm wrong but did not admin create a category in this forum for these types of discussions. You guys talk gear here ok. I don't judge I could care less. But above all this is a work out/body building forum right? There is a lot more to a body than big muscles as you all know. If I came in here and said I want to take my 150lb frame and make it 200lbs in 5 years via working out. Every single one of you would say "go for it bro!". "Do what you put your mind to!". And I would love to read the motivation. Then why am I not afforded the same luxury for trying to manipulate my body in a internal way - on top of an external way?? You have to admit that's good question lol.

Last edited:

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....this is an interesting thread. I don't know why people just can't let other people have their beliefs and everyone go on your happy way. THE FACT IS....nobody knows which way is the correct way.
So if you believe in preordained destiny then so be it.
If you believe that you can do things in your life to lead a healthier longer life then go for it and succeed.
I see ccontradictions on both points here.
Most of us on this forum lead a healthy life style, eating well training hard to keep our bodies fit and some even taking HGH for anti aging..Hmmm.
If you don't thing doing these things are going to give you a better chance than the fat ass slob on the couch stuffing down McDonald's and Kentucky fried chicken smoking packs of cigs a day from having a heart attack and kicking it early than I think a dumbbell or two may have been dropped on your heads.
People in the early 1900's and before only had a life expectancy of 40ish due to they didn't have the medical advancements to prevent and cure illnesses. And diseases.
As tech,policy advances so has the life span. Which is now roughly in the 70's.
They estimate that at the rate technology is advanced ing today's young could live to be around 110ish.
DOCD nobody wants to live an old age and be ripe and that's what we think of when we think over 60. But if you were 60 and aged to the appearance of 30 or 40 would you still want to checkout? I doubt it.
Preordained death, maybe maybe not. Guess we get to find that out in the end.
I know personally I've had death come at me in force a good few times. and I managed to swipe it aside every time. When I was 14 I was in such a bad car accident that everyone in both cars died except for myself, I lost family that day and this wasn't Even my worst experience believe it Or not. Maybe it just really wasn't my time to check out or was it because my personal mentality is that I won't go until I want to. I'll fight it every time and so far I've had more lives than a cat. And so far I've survived many times. I've always had this mentality ever since I can remember Also I'll do every thing possible to keep myself youthful. Working out diet supplements, HGH what ever I think it takes. And if it works great and if it doesn't then who gives a F..ck I tried and that was my choice, I chose to put that effort in.
Why would anyone want to put someone down for trying? Many things have been disproved.
This world would be a lot more peaceful if everyone would just respect everyone else's beliefs and just be concerned with your own.
I hope you live as long as you want protein and I hope your efforts turn out to be a success.
For everyone else good luck to you as well and I hope you all live healthy fulfilled lives before it's time for your time to be up.

Last edited:

ProteinFarts

Reaction score
Hmmmm....this is an interesting thread. I don't know why people just can't let other people have their beliefs and everyone go on your happy way. THE FACT IS....nobody knows which way is the correct way.
So if you believe in preordained destiny then so be it.
If you believe that you can do things in your life to lead a healthier longer life then go for it and succeed.
I see ccontradictions on both points here.
Most of us on this forum lead a healthy life style, eating well training hard to keep our bodies fit and some even taking HGH for anti aging..Hmmm.
If you don't thing doing these things are going to give you a better chance than the fat ass slob on the couch stuffing down McDonald's and Kentucky fried chicken smoking packs of cigs a day from having a heart attack and kicking it early than I think a dumbbell or two may have been dropped on your heads.
People in the early 1900's and before only had a life expectancy of 40ish due to they didn't have the medical advancements to prevent and cure illnesses. And diseases.
As tech,policy advances so has the life span. Which is now roughly in the 70's.
They estimate that at the rate technology is advanced ing today's young could live to be around 110ish.
DOCD nobody wants to live an old age and be ripe and that's what we think of when we think over 60. But if you were 60 and aged to the appearance of 30 or 40 would you still want to checkout? I doubt it.
I know personally I've had death come at me in force a good few times. and I managed to swipe it aside every time. When I was 14 I was in such a bad car accident that everyone in both cars died except for myself, I lost family that day and this wasn't Even my worst experience believe it Or not. Maybe it just really wasn't my time to check out or was it because my personal mentality is that I won't go until I want to. I'll fight it every time and so far I've had more lives than a cat. And so far I've survived many times. I've always had this mentality ever since I can remember Also I'll do every thing possible to keep myself youthful. Working out diet supplements, HGH what ever I think it takes. And if it works great and if it doesn't then who gives a F..ck I tried and that was my choice, I chose to put that effort in.
Why would anyone want to put someone down for trying? Many things have been disproved.
This world would be a lot more peaceful if everyone would just respect everyone else's beliefs and just be concerned with your own.
I hope you live as long as you want protein and I hope your efforts turn out to be a success.
For everyone else good luck to you as well and I hope you all live healthy fulfilled lives before it's time for your time to be up.

Well said bro. :) I agree 110% with every single thing you just said.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
No your a smart guy I appriciate your feedback. I don't mind debating. I just prefer to do it in a friendly way. And I don't claim to know everything. That's why I said let's compare notes.

Well that's basically what they ate right? So we agree on that? Of course dependent on region and race. We will all at least agree we ate some diet based on Omnivores. We can probably all agree that is was mainly unprocessed and what they could forage for. Meat, berries (fruit), and vegetables. Science has of course come a long way. Science can fill in the holes that our foods we eat today don't provide. Fast food and all that crap - no CLA in cows anymore and etc. I am not very good at eating those whole foods I listed. I try but not very well. I do what I can. I do take the supps each day though. Not all of them - a third each day. To expensive otherwise. So i guess I try and take what I know about our base diet, and add to it the way I best know how. Just as we add mass amounts of protein to gain more muscle because science has proven it beneficial to achieve that goal.

I hope you don't misunderstand me. I'm not trying to say what you can and cannot talk about here. There's a sub forum for every topic from PLing/BBing to porn so you have every right to start this topic and it's different than the norm so I can admire that. It's also a good idea to take care of your insides I'm not denying that either. My main point was that I see holes in the logic and inconsistencies so I'm playing devils advocate to find out if it's on my understanding of what you're saying or of it's your actual statements.

My point with the evolution comment was that on one hand you mentioned we should eat what we've adapted to and we can only adapt after many generations and on the other hand you mention a grocery list of supplements. Neglecting the question of if they're beneficial or not, how can we have adapted to synthetic supplements if they've only been around a handful of generations max?

The other point is that the human body is highly adaptive. Changing genetic coding may very well take generation after generation but you don't need to change genetic coding to adapt. If we took so long to adapt we would have been extinct many thousands of years ago. You want simple irrefutable proof on how quick we can adapt and evolve, look at vaccines. After a few days you've evolved....

I am a firm believer in antioxidants. I am not alone. Millions of others believe as I do. Here is a good example. Genetics play a large role in your muscle frame too. How big. how small. how estetically pleasing to the eye. Void of enhancement drugs, you can only manipulate that base genetic structure to a certain point for the most part. You cannot completely flip it. Become another body. You either have big joints or small joints. You have a little waist or a blocky one. Wide shoulders or narrow. Again you can add or take away from these areas of course.

I fail to see how you provided a good example of anything to do with antioxidants and I'm not sure how the rest of the paragraph relates to the topic of antioxidants.

I agree antioxidants have their uses in the body but they also have their limitations. Almost all RCT's on antioxidants have shown NO health benefits, no decrease in mortality, no cancer fighting benefits, etc. Statistically speaking, you're more likely to die sooner if you take antioxidant supplements than if you didn't. Not trying to scare you but those truly are the statistics from actual peer-reviewed studies. Furthermore, James Watson (co-founder of the DNA double-helix structure and one of the fathers of modern day biology IMO) is quoted as saying "antioxidants may have caused more cancer than they've prevented" and many of the researchers tend to agree with him. It's ironic that the 'father' of anti-oxidant supplementation (who first proposed about the cancer fighting benefits) died from prostate cancer of all things. Free radicals (oxygen molecules basically) also happen to be a necessary biological process and they aren't always bad and neither is the oxidization they promote. Free radicals are a NECESSARY aspect of the human immune system. Free radicals are how chemotherapy and radiotherapy work in treating cancer patients....no free radicals and you get a cancer treatment that will fail before it has even began. There are a few other issues as well but that one in particular stuck out at me as cancer fighting is one of the biggest claims of antioxidant use.

I know many millions of ppl also believe in their benefits, even though scientifically it's not been proven, but does that really change anything or make it anymore true? I can show you over a million ppl who thought slavery was right. Same goes for anti-Semitism...are those anymore valid bc of the size of their following?

The same goes with my assessment. Say I don't do a single thing good or bad. And my ticket was punched at 80. If I lead a shitty life then maybe I can take away 20 yrs off that number. A good life and maybe I can add 20 years. We can all only manipulate what we got. Mind and body. Highschool reunions are a good example of this mindset. My parents just went to theirs at 62. A great deal of them were on their last leg. My parents just climbed mt Kilimanjaro. My parents take all the supplements and whole foods I do (to even a better degree on their own accord). Not that I needed it, but in them I see direct evidence that it pays off.

Tell me I'm wrong but did not admin create a category in this forum for these types of discussions. You guys talk gear here ok. I don't judge I could care less. But above all this is a work out/body building forum right? There is a lot more to a body than big muscles as you all know. If I came in here and said I want to take my 150lb frame and make it 200lbs in 5 years via working out. Every single one of you would say "go for it bro!". "Do what you put your mind to!". And I would love to read the motivation. Then why am I not afforded the same luxury for trying to manipulate my body in a internal way - on top of an external way?? You have to admit that's good question lol.

If you didn't do anything wrong and your ticket punched at 80 it means your genes said your time was up. If you lead a shitty life you can take years off it by incurring health ailments sure but the converse doesn't necessarily hold true. to add onto your life is more than a stretch IMO. By your definition, perfect health got you to 80 and the only reason you'd die earlier is bc of some health condition from a shitty lifestyle. Your contention is basically saying leading a healthy lifestyle would provide an equal but opposite result and you'd live longer. But How does a healthy lifestyle undo what hasn't been done? We already agreed genes take too long to manipulate to be a factor here.

I'll bite on the example of your 2 parents and give you examples from my personal life (congratulations by the way, that is quite a feat for them to have accomplished). My mother, my aunt, and 3 of their friends all live the 'healthy lifestyle'. For the last ~25-30yrs they've EACH supplemented with more products than you could name off the top of your head (I'm not exaggerating either). I went shopping for my mother one day for her vitamins and whatnot. Spent over $350 and that wasn't everything she needed. These ppl do EVERYTHING you're suggesting: none have smoked once in their life, touched alcohol only a handful of times ever, eat chicken and fish but no read meat (bc of the carnitine scare BS), only organic produce, supplements out the ass, only whol foods, go to the naturopath doctor, etc etc etc. You name it they've done it or followed it. The ironic part is, with all these 'healthy' things they do, THEY ARE THE 5 MOST UNHEALTHY PEOPLE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE and that's including a few crackheads I know. If I listed everything wrong you'd think I read it from a book or something. My point is there is a limit to how healthy we can be, unless you're deficient in something most of these supplements are nothing more than ROI's for some corporate big wig, and diminishing returns holds true even here.

The human body adapts and evolves by many mechanism and one of the most important ones is the stress/adaptation model. Look up Hans Seyle's General Adaptation Syndrome. We receive a stress/stimulus. This causes a fight or flight response in the body. If the stress is too great you don't recover and ultimately death could occur. If the stress is recoverable from, the body adapts so as to handle that stress in the future. Where am I going withy this? In the pursuit of 'ultimate health and well being' and doing all these various things to remove stressors, etc you could very well be doing just the opposite and making yourself worse off. How can you adapt to anything if you never get exposed to it? And if you haven't adapted to it now bc you've avoided it just imagine how much more difficult it would be to deal with it later on when you're older and less resistant. The fundamentals of this are right before your eyes...it's how weight lifting and aerobic exercise work, it's how vaccines work, how the immune system works, how the digestive system works, how hormones work (if you're on a cycle the testes stop getting the LH signal. No stimulus/stress means no test production and the testes atrophy and lose function), the HPTA sees excess test as a stimulus to start aromatization, the examples are limitless here. It's like the stories of the parents who 'over-protect' their kids and the kids never learn how to make it in the real world. Many of us do this but in regards to BBing and hormones. We think estrogen is bad, we think cortisol is a bad hormone, we think catabolism is always a bad thing. Believe it or not all those things are necessary bc the stimulus they provide helps us get the response we desire in our pursuit of training.

I know I'm long-winded and you possibly stopped reading several paragraphs ago lol but IMO going to extremes to remove stress and do this do that etc are counter-productive. Stress and adaptation is the foundation of evolution. To remove it from your life bc you fear the unknown is akin to removing yourself from the evolutionary gene pool IMO. No stimulus = no adaptation = no evolution. You're basically standing still and you don't strike me as the type of person who wants that. You seem like a mover, a doer, a go getter. At the end of the day you're free to practice what you wish and no one can take that away from you. Whatever you do, I wish nothing but the best :)

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
damn doc u dont fuk around lol

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score

I know personally I've had death come at me in force a good few times. and I managed to swipe it aside every time. When I was 14 I was in such a bad car accident that everyone in both cars died except for myself, I lost family that day and this wasn't Even my worst experience believe it Or not. Maybe it just really wasn't my time to check out or was it because my personal mentality is that I won't go until I want to.

Besides the fact I prefer 5Guys or Wendy's to McD's you described to to a T :p

I too have been close to death on more than one occasion. Maybe that's partly why I'd rather not live too long who knows but seeing human beings being vaporized in front of your eyes at a young age will do that to you. Regardless, good health and good looks or not, I'd do the deed myself if I didn't believe suicide to be a sin. I'm all for you guys to live however long you want to live but that's not for me and I think you'll see there's a few others in this very thread who share similar thoughts. Obviously this reflects my own beliefs and I'm not trying to push that on anybody.

New Threads