Chris Duffin World Record and a question

yeti

Reaction score

This is awesome. World record squat and a personal favorite sumo deadlifter (Andrey Belyaev being first lol).

But I have a question:
guys like Chris Duffin, Brad Gillingham, and Michael Tuscherer say that they are drug-free powerlifters, but the numbers they lift raw are crazy. And not that it takes anything away from their records and themselves as powerlifters, but I was just wondering if they were actually drug free. I'm just curious lol still admire all these guys a lot.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nobody really knows. Fact is testing for a meet doesn't mean drug free. It means politics were in your favor or you otherwise beat the test.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
For a few lifters, the "natural" designation means so much to them that they go to great lengths to achieve it. Look at guys like ct fletcher and mike o'hearn, they scream natural in the hopes that people believe them because their achievement isn't enough in their own eyes.

I called out those two, because they are comical idiots playing to a camera, pandering for money. I personally know of juiced lifters competing naturally. I wouldn't do it, and don't respect it, but they don't exactly ask for my opinion.

yeti

Reaction score
LOL well Mike O'hearn and CT fletcher are very obvious...
but I mean... the three I mentioned don't exactly LOOK drugged up like those two...but yeah. No way to tell I guess... I've just got appreciate the numbers they put up I guess. haha
i was just very curious about it lol sorry about that

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post I enjoyed seeing that.

A lot of PLs don't look all that drugged up. It is the nature of the training and myrofibrillar hypertrophy. No one cares how big their pecs or bis are. Dan Green is a different story...he is just a freak of nature.

Oh and Mike O'Hearn is a fag.

yeti

Reaction score
A lot of PLs don't look all that drugged up. It is the nature of the training and myrofibrillar hypertrophy. No one cares how big their pecs or bis are. Dan Green is a different story...he is just a freak of nature.

Oh and Mike O'Hearn is a fag.

Yeah except for their spinal erectors/rhomboids/traps, groin and glutes, and triceps... those are just dense and freakish on powerlifters. I don't think any bodybuilder can match that haha
and yeah. He couldn't be happy just being a strong dude. I guess whatever pays the bills right? hahaha

New Threads