Will Clen hinder gains while on Test-p?

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I thought mg as in myself meaning micrograms would suffice, but you're right. If someone is looking at this forum who doesn't understand basic clen dosages it is mcg.

Ok, it's just when I see mg for clen I want to make sure the person doesn't take milligrams of it. Very dangerous to do so. My other point is that animals such as horses, what many of clen studies are done on, can take huge amounts of clen without adverse effects. Humans cannot.

The only way I see clen as being anabolic is bc it would increase basal metabolic rates slightly which would lead to an increase in protein synthesis. Unfortunately the amount your BMR is raised and consequently protein synthesis is very very small especially at doses we would use. Some studies support increased anabolic effects solely in animals bc of the different concentrations of beta-2 and 3 receptors than humans have. These findings have not been duplicated in humans though, again bc of the different ratios of beta receptors.

Lastly, several studies have also noted that any anabolic effects that were shown in animals receded after cessation of treatment. They lost everything they gained. The time these gains were kept was usually only as long as the length of treatment or a few days longer. How this extrapolates to us is tricky bc these were short term studies of 10days to 1.5months I believe. We'd obviously be running clen for longer than 10days but it begs the question would the gains disappear after longer treatment, not to mention these gains were still vey minor only in animals at ridiculous doses for humans.

Reaction score
Ok, it's just when I see mg for clen I want to make sure the person doesn't take milligrams of it. Very dangerous to do so. My other point is that animals such as horses, what many of clen studies are done on, can take huge amounts of clen without adverse effects. Humans cannot.

The only way I see clen as being anabolic is bc it would increase basal metabolic rates slightly which would lead to an increase in protein synthesis. Unfortunately the amount your BMR is raised and consequently protein synthesis is very very small especially at doses we would use. Some studies support increased anabolic effects solely in animals bc of the different concentrations of beta-2 and 3 receptors than humans have. These findings have not been duplicated in humans though, again bc of the different ratios of beta receptors.

Lastly, several studies have also noted that any anabolic effects that were shown in animals receded after cessation of treatment. They lost everything they gained. The time these gains were kept was usually only as long as the length of treatment or a few days longer. How this extrapolates to us is tricky bc these were short term studies of 10days to 1.5months I believe. We'd obviously be running clen for longer than 10days but it begs the question would the gains disappear after longer treatment, not to mention these gains were still vey minor only in animals at ridiculous doses for humans.

Thanks Doc, valuable information. Since clen offers such a minute increase in protein synthesis and an increase in metabolism, would you say its not beneficial to a lean mass building cycle? Im not looking to get massive off my cycle, but I was to gain muscle and avoid fat. I do have a very good diet already, but I have a bulk about of clen on hand anyways. I was going to try including it into my prop cycle in about a weeks time (on the end of week 1 test prop only, besides adex).

thanks again, much appreciated.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Thanks Doc, valuable information. Since clen offers such a minute increase in protein synthesis and an increase in metabolism, would you say its not beneficial to a lean mass building cycle? Im not looking to get massive off my cycle, but I was to gain muscle and avoid fat. I do have a very good diet already, but I have a bulk about of clen on hand anyways. I was going to try including it into my prop cycle in about a weeks time (on the end of week 1 test prop only, besides adex).

thanks again, much appreciated.

I believe the effects of clen to be very minimal. Would it hurt, only if misused and/or it causes yu severe cramping to the point you can't lift anymore. That happened to me when I experimented with very high doses. I couldn't even do a bodyweight squat, walk up the stairs, couldn't hold water (I'd piss 2min after drinking anything), etc. I'm using clen again but only at 20mcg or so and only to help with my breathing which has been shot due to tren. If you use it just be smart and safe about it although I think there are better compounds out there.

The most important factor for gaining lean mass with minimal fat will be diet not which compounds you use. Make sure to eat in a slight surplus to minimize fat gains. Get adequate macros, get diverse sources of food for those macros, lift hard, and repeat.

Reaction score
Im rather lucky as I have next to no sides from clen, other than shortness of breath while doing cardio. I was taking upto 150mcg last time I was using clen, that was mid way as I taper up then back down.
Thanks doc ill focus on diet, with the info you and others have provided im going to try clen while using test. Just to see what my personal results are. Ill let you guys know in the next couple weeks.

cheers

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Sorry for being slow to reply...

The increases in skeletal muscle is due to adrenorceptors within humans and some cAMP pathways.

It's been a year or so since I read some studies; it was human skeletal tissue..

Too lazy to look since clenbuterol is useless to me. Maybe you can google scholar it up Doc and find some studies.

Last I recall the benefits weren't with abnormal dosing and with human skeletal tissue.

New Threads