Will Clen hinder gains while on Test-p?

Reaction score
Just wondering if its worth running clen on test cycle (prop to be exact). Any advice/ experience with clen on cycle would be appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
I want to gain lean muscle while keeping body fat as low as possible. I usually use clen off cycle to tighten up, but was curious if clen is a bad idea while on. Ps im considering using tren ace with my next prop cycle. thanks pillarofbalance

Last edited:

Malevolence

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think most of the time Clen is ran post cycle to cut after bulk. Also I think the sides can be worse running Clen while on cycle. But everyone is different

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've ran clen on and off cycle. Like POB said your goals can be better met with diet tweaks.

What is "lean muscle"?

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everybody. I think I'll stick to clen off cycle, considering keeping a strict diet isn't hard for me.

And by "lean muscle" i meant gaining muscle with least water/ fat weight that comes from bulking. Only desire is muscle..

Thanks again

Last edited:

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I suppose you could. I'm just not a fan of trying to gain mass while using drugs that speed metabolism. What you are trying to do is a matter of careful diet. I think you'd do better to just focus on that rather than add a compound like clen.

Good advice right here

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info everybody. I think I'll stick to clen off cycle, considering keeping a strict diet isn't hard for me.

And by "lean muscle" i meant gaining muscle with least water/ fat weight that comes from bulking. Only desire is muscle..

Thanks again

its reaaly hard to keep the water off 100% only tren gives that look

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Clenbuterol causes muscle gain.

I can look up the studies again if I have to.

It causes an increase in anabolism through beta adrenergic systems.

Edit: hell go to google scholar and type in "clenbuterol skeletal tissue" or the like.

Reaction score
Clenbuterol causes muscle gain.

I can look up the studies again if I have to.

It causes an increase in anabolism through beta adrenergic systems.

Edit: hell go to google scholar and type in "clenbuterol skeletal tissue" or the like.

Studies say clenbuteral does have anabolism effects, but as pob said it does increase metabolism. So most likely Id have to consume more "clean" calories to keep up the rate of building muscle since i'll be burning additional cals due to the clenbuterol. It might be a waste, but Im going to try administering clenbuterol mid cycle to see what my personal results are. My goal is to stay lean and gain muscle only.

thanks for the help!

TheBlob

Elite
Reaction score
I suppose you could. I'm just not a fan of trying to gain mass while using drugs that speed metabolism. What you are trying to do is a matter of careful diet. I think you'd do better to just focus on that rather than add a compound like clen.

I second this.. Clen for me us a pretty good appetite suppressant so it works ok for a cut.. But I naturally eat like a horse my appetite is insatiable if I wanna drop bodyfat I need a appetite killer.... I think youll find diet to be much more forgiving while on cycle, meaning you can eat quite a bit of food and not add much fat at all.. So if your just trying to get big and not add fat.. You wont have much use for the clen

TheBlob

Elite
Reaction score
Oh and as far as clen being "anabolic" give that a rest thise studies involve doses that would be fatal to a human, otherwise my experience with clen is zilch for growth

Reaction score
Oh and as far as clen being "anabolic" give that a rest these studies involve doses that would be fatal to a human, otherwise my experience with clen is zilch for growth

There are other studies on horses given 1-2 mg /lb of weight which is somewhat similar to the doses humans take. I assume you're reffering to the studies that use rats on a 100mg dose. I know its not certainly conclusive as our receptors may not be exactly like lab animals. All I can say is I lost 15lbs of fat and kept my strength from a clen cyc. Seemed to have been at least anti-catabolic (muscle) on a 1500 cal /day diet with ed cardio. I'm finding this to be quite the debatable topic.

TheBlob

Elite
Reaction score
Hey those results would definitely indicate I could definitely be wrong. As thats a pretty hefty calorie deficit. I might wonder how far along in your training are you? I myself when in the beginning used 1800 calories lost 20lbs and got stronger with no kind of pharmaceuticals... Mostly in my opinion is if it works then do it and you wont know if it works till you try...

P.S. Good job, dropping fat is really hard. Takes discipline. Good work

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
There are other studies on horses given 1-2 mg /lb of weight which is somewhat similar to the doses humans take. I assume you're reffering to the studies that use rats on a 100mg dose. I know its not certainly conclusive as our receptors may not be exactly like lab animals. All I can say is I lost 15lbs of fat and kept my strength from a clen cyc. Seemed to have been at least anti-catabolic (muscle) on a 1500 cal /day diet with ed cardio. I'm finding this to be quite the debatable topic.

Humans dose clen in MICROgrams not MILIgrams

TheBlob

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah and the horse studies is what I was referring to.. If you took 1 mg per lb of body weight it wouldnt be pretty

Reaction score
Humans dose clen in MICROgrams not MILIgrams

I thought mg as in myself meaning micrograms would suffice, but you're right. If someone is looking at this forum who doesn't understand basic clen dosages it is mcg.

Reaction score
Hey those results would definitely indicate I could definitely be wrong. As thats a pretty hefty calorie deficit. I might wonder how far along in your training are you? I myself when in the beginning used 1800 calories lost 20lbs and got stronger with no kind of pharmaceuticals... Mostly in my opinion is if it works then do it and you wont know if it works till you try...

P.S. Good job, dropping fat is really hard. Takes discipline. Good work

My cut last spring was also done without pharmaceuticals, I lost just under 20 lbs naturally. I was aprx the same starting weight this year as my last cut. That being said, this years cut with the aid of clenbuterol helped me keep the strength. Along with keeping my strength this time, I also shed a lot of fat around my mid section and I now have my abs showing more than ever. This leads me to believe my natural cut ate some muscle along with the fat.