What can i take for inflammation

lightwt44

Reaction score
I'm having inflammation due to stress response I workout 6 days a week my joints feet tight and achy also do cardio seven day a week I'm doing a show so I have to work out six days a week

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
dont be afraid to take time off from the gym to heal the body ..now and then

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
take around 6 -10 g of fish oil that always helps me

lightwt44

Reaction score
Ok i just cant stop I'm 12 week till my first show thanks guys

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Meloxicam or any NSAID like Aleve but double dose.

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take ibuprofen all day long. And the cheapest glucosamine I can find.

Reaction score
Naproxen is always great too. I think it works better that ibuprofen for the reasons you seek.

lightwt44

Reaction score
Thanks, one more ? Dose vitamin C help with blocking cortisol what els helps with that?

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
While I admire/respect your determination maybe you should take Bundy's advice and slow down a little. If memory serves me correctly you've had some previous issues with injuries and what not. I know people that are in combat sports that don't have the injuries your enduring, especially this close to one another while still training. Pain is a part of training, but being hurt is much different

If you really love the sport your in, you may need to consider that when you train hurt and really hurt in your case (recent MRI and all) your actually shaving time off your competitive years... trust me Ive seen it happen to my own friends that never understood this.

What good is all this training doing you Sister if you stay hurt all the time?

Just something to think about.

Last edited:

brutus79

Elite
Reaction score
While I admire/respect your determination maybe you should take Bundy's advice and slow down a little. If memory serves me correctly you've had some previous issues with injuries and what not. I know people that are in combat sports that don't have the injuries your enduring, especially this close to one another while still training. Pain is a part of training, but being hurt is much different

If you really love the sport your in, you may need to consider that when you train hurt and really hurt in your case (recent MRI and all) your actually shaving time off your competitive years... trust me Ive seen it happen to my own friends that never understood this.

What good is all this training doing you Sister if you stay hurt all the time?

Just something to think about.

I agree- I admire your determination (envy it actually) but I enjoy the weights because it improves my quality of life. I was on a road to deadlift 5, 000 pounds (or as close as I could get) and had some injuries that affected my life in a very adverse way. I couldn't enjoy my job, my daughter, my significant other... I came to the realization that nothing is worth sacrificing those things I hold dear. I still push myself to the limit, but I also listen to my body instead of my pride and ego that always leaves me hurt.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Thanks, one more ? Dose vitamin C help with blocking cortisol what els helps with that?

Yes, about 3-4g of vitamin C is enough to blunt a cortisol response. Be careful in trying to do it too frequently or taking too much bc cortisol secretion is one of the first steps in the body's response to training and repairing the damage cause by lifting. Blocking too much cortisol is just as bad as having it too high.

Also, be careful of chronic use of anti-inflammatories. While the research is mixed at the moment, both animal and human models have shown that AT BEST the effect do chronic NSAID use is neutral. At worst it will significantly impair future muscle gain. Is that a risk you're willing to take? Here is a good read on the topic (I know it's T-Nation but the author of the article is among the industry leaders):