Steroids and Anxiety

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of putting together my first cycle in a VERY long time. I'm leaning toward a shorter cycle using faster acting components (i.e. T-Prop, Winstrol, etc). One thing I need to consider is any "anxiety" I may develop as I do have a (mild) anxiety issue. It's a feeling I'd like to avoid as much as possible but at the same time I know better than to think that I'm going to run an AAS cycle without having to deal with it.. I'd just like to reasonably maintain it to the best of my ability.

With the above being said, does anyone have any experience with certain AAS that caused excess Anxiety? Since I'm aiming toward a shorter cycle, I'm mainly concerned with the faster acting compounds.

In my opinion and based on past experience, it's essential to use some form of Test in any type of AAS cycle. Since I'm leaning toward a shorter cycle, the obvious choice for me would be Test Prop. Anyone care to chime in on any good or bad experiences they've had with that?

I've personally experienced Anxiety with Tren and have heard that EQ is another known to cause it as well. I'm just looking for anyone's input that has any experience in this area or has any knowledge that would be helpful.

Thanks so much in advance to anyone willing to take the time to share their knowledge on this one.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Tren is most common to cause anxiety or high doses of test some times too but I'm talking really high doses. This is your first cycle but u said u experienced anxiety from tren? Was that a type o?

and yes your first cycle should be test only.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard, AAS tends to amplify your personality, that is to say if you're normally a dick, aas will make you more of a dick. Personally, I'm pretty laid back and test just makes me happy and friendlier. I actually have a shorter fuse when I'm off than when I'm on, but that's me, I have no idea how you'll react. As far as esters go, you could try test prop, TPP or maybe test ace. I've used P and PP but never ace. From what I've heard from guys that have tried ace, they like it. As long as you're OK pinning EOD you should be fine with any of them, after all, test is test.

Reaction score
Tren is most common to cause anxiety or high doses of test some times too but I'm talking really high doses. This is your first cycle but u said u experienced anxiety from tren? Was that a type o?

and yes your first cycle should be test only.

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry, I should have clarified a bit better regarding my past experience. I did a 10 week Test Enanthate cycle at 500mg a week with 75mg Tren daily for the first 3 weeks until the Test E started to kick in. It was a sloppy and irresponsible cycle (drank, partied, missed injections, no pct, minimal regard for diet/training/etc). This was literally a decade ago when I was a young moron. I'm referring to this as a "first" cycle because it's hard for me to count the above mentioned one as anything more than wasted gear. This will be my first cycle done in a "responsible" way where I'll be making the commitment to make sure I'm doing everything that needs to be done to get the most from it... not to mention after a decade has passed since that half-assed cycle, I'm thinking my receptors are going to react somewhat similarly to how they would on a first cycle (well, hopefully :).

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Oh ok. Sorry I thought u meant your first cycle in a long time, like u won't be starting it any time soon. Lol sorry I'm dumb.

Reaction score
From what I've heard, AAS tends to amplify your personality, that is to say if you're normally a dick, aas will make you more of a dick. Personally, I'm pretty laid back and test just makes me happy and friendlier. I actually have a shorter fuse when I'm off than when I'm on, but that's me, I have no idea how you'll react. As far as esters go, you could try test prop, TPP or maybe test ace. I've used P and PP but never ace. From what I've heard from guys that have tried ace, they like it. As long as you're OK pinning EOD you should be fine with any of them, after all, test is test.

Thanks for the input Rumpy. I'm same as you, pretty laid back. The anxiety thing is very minor and have meds to counteract if needed - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't about to blatantly aggravate my CNS to any sort of extreme extent. Judging by my research and the input on here, I'm not too worried about it. All good w/pinning EOD.

Just curious, what are your thoughts on adding NPP in addition to the Test-P. Worth a shot or overkill and just stick to Test P only? I'm on the fence with that one.

Thank you again for all your help.

Reaction score
Oh ok. Sorry I thought u meant your first cycle in a long time, like u won't be starting it any time soon. Lol sorry I'm dumb.

Lol with the way it was written it could have been taken either way. You're the one lending help, I'm the dunce writing vague posts over here, lol!

Thank you again for your help and advice!

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've had high stress (so the doctor says) since I was 16... never really considered it anxiety... never noticed a difference when using AAS

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
I didn't get any when I was cycling it, but Eq is know for causing anxiety, you might want to avoid it just in case.

Malevolence

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
About the first 3 weeks of tren a I can get cranky while I adjust to it. I am 5 weeks now and back to normal. Winstrol is what I have noticed the most, like increased heart rate. Not too much on anxiety but at night trying to sleep with my resting bpm at around 90-95 kinda sucks

Reaction score
About the first 3 weeks of tren a I can get cranky while I adjust to it. I am 5 weeks now and back to normal. Winstrol is what I have noticed the most, like increased heart rate. Not too much on anxiety but at night trying to sleep with my resting bpm at around 90-95 kinda sucks

Thanks so much for the input on this. Was heavily considering Winstrol so that's definitely good to know.

Thanks again for sharing.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Took potent anavar that caused this once

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
The only anxiety I get from aas is "did I lift long and hard enough today at the gym"

RJ

Reaction score
I understand something so are medical issues, but I truly believe most of the sides guys get like anxiety are mental. insomnia as well. Guys hear nothing but bad sides from tren users and they immediately think they are gonna get them too. Cycle time comes and they can't sleep and have anxiety the first week. Not saying it can't happen, but as is Most shit in life, if you have a weak mind, a weak body is sure to follow.

Jayjay82

Elite
Reaction score
It mostly depends on your personality like rumpus said if you are an angry anxious person normally without aas chances are whatever you take will cause you a little bit of uncomfortability I am an anxious person and aas only cause it to increase when I take larger doses test is a pretty good aas to start out with at normal doses like 300-400mgs a week without anything else and you should see some pretty good results stay away from anadrol and dbol and you should be good also if you are that worried about it look into test proprionate and other short acting aas cause if you start to notice anxiety coming you can control the dose and length of effects

Jayjay82

Elite
Reaction score
My bad like rumpy said using iPhone and spellcheck keeps screwing up names