So what do you think about bodybuilding and tattoos

Reaction score
What tho people think about body building and tattoos so I want to start my bodybuilding carear but I have a lot of tattoos I wish I new how to post a picture of me in this page but I don't

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Upload the pics to imgur, then you can copy the image link here for people to click on. If you want the image to show up in your post, copy the BBCode and click on the 'isert image' icon above where you type, then paste it into that window. I think you need to clear the check box in that window.

Link:
http://imgur.com/9aO6r9M

BBCode:
9aO6r9M.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For whatever its worth I have tattoos that I got 25 years ago.....they look like crap and I feel like they take away from my physique....and my fat belly.

I just had two covered up and I have two I'm getting removed. The two I covered were to big and dark to remove. Honestly, I get complements on my new tattoos but I feel like if I knew I was going to really get into the entire bodybuilding thing I would have never got one.

With all that said; I love trashy chicks and they love old dudes with muscles and tattoos. It's not like I'm Jay Cutler. I'm just a gym rat trying to get laid. Mission Accomplished

Reaction score
Im one of the guys who doesnt think tats take away from the physique. If you lie the tats thats all that really matters, you can tell when someone wears their ink with pride and those who regret i and that makes a hell of a difference. Ink when thought out and done right can look damn good, but if you go to cheap artists and just put an assortment of random pics and designs on your body then your just a walking coloring book IMO. If they're coherent and not noisy, your set. They're meant to enhance, not dominate.

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
It really depends... a tattoo on your shoulder isn't as distracting as a nice big billboard on your chest like I have. Certain tattoos in certain places can definitely detract from your physique, and more than likely cost you points in a BBing show. There are products you can use to help hide them, no idea how well they work though. Your tan will also help hide them a bit. End all, be all I wouldn't let it stop you from getting on stage though. If it's truly something you want to do, **** it.

Reaction score
It really depends... a tattoo on your shoulder isn't as distracting as a nice big billboard on your chest like I have. Certain tattoos in certain places can definitely detract from your physique, and more than likely cost you points in a BBing show. There are products you can use to help hide them, no idea how well they work though. Your tan will also help hide them a bit. End all, be all I wouldn't let it stop you from getting on stage though. If it's truly something you want to do, **** it.

Dont limit yourself and take pride in doing both if its what you love. Who cares what you place, whats important is that you entered that show prepped enough to be number one. And that is all that matters.

I have tattoos aswell and I love bodybuilding.I don't think any tattoo area placement limits your result. Bodybuilding is looked upon as a whole, much more then superficial.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tat's are not what keeps cap from getting on stage

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
I don't think any tattoo area placement limits your result. Bodybuilding is looked upon as a whole, much more then superficial.

I think we would all love to believe that, but how many pro level bodybuilders in any fed do you know of that are tattooed? The little sun around your belly button doesn't count... I mean heavily tattooed. Tattoos CAN skew striations and separation. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. It's written in the NPC rules that blemishes will cost you points, you really think tattoos won't? You have to remember you're on stage getting looked at by PEOPLE who judge you based on THEIR OWN OPINION. There's a lot more to competitive BBing than being big and lean. It isn't like PLing where you either do or you don't. All that being said, if you want to compete get your ass on stage and do it. Don't let anything hold you back. If you're that worried about tattoos... there's always men's physique ;)

RJ

Reaction score
Considering less than .025% (totally made up number for effect) will ever become a pro BBer, who gives a shit. You make no money until you become a pro, unless you're sponsored by some company willing to pay you. And you got to be either pretty, or jacked, preferably both.

I won my class at the Mr. Ga years ago with some good sized tats. I spoke with all the judges and they said it did little to tarnish my physique. That being said, i completely agree with Cpt above. Especially when you get to Nat'l level competing. But again, all you get there is a trophy unless you win it all. Highly unlikely.

The hardest part about competing is having the balls to step on stage with a mankini and pose your ass off. Besides the dieting and dedicatiion to get there. So use that as your motivation, because chances are you have no chance of making any money at it.

Reaction score
Im with BB. If they get stretched just get more tats / cover ups. Its very hard to make a career out of bodybuilding, but its possible. Good luck

Reaction score
Get jacked enuf to get on stage 1st. If you have the tatts already, its a moot point.

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to see pics from OP

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have "FD" tattooed on my right arm