Carrier oils

Canadian muscle

Reaction score
Whats the difference betweeen purchasing carrior oils Like GSO and CSO that are USP grade

VS purchasing a quality Destilled version, heating it and running it through a nalgene filter or Whatman filteration system?

What are your oppinions?

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
I think u just covered it!

heating and filtering most joe public would be too stupid to even realize that grape seed oil is being used as a carrier!

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use big y GsO ....U do not need anything usp or distilled specific.... The solution won't be sterial until after filtration anyways

Canadian muscle

Reaction score
That's what I thought! What type of
Filtration is convenient and efficient. I'm new to homebrew

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
That's what I thought! What type of
Filtration is convenient and efficient. I'm new to homebrew

For small volumes syringe filtration can be used although it's still a pain in the ass IMO. Using a caulking gun to apply pressure to a syringe filter cuts the work drastically. I use bottle top filtration which I guess is the next step up. There are other setups out there as well but they use much more expensive and intricate setups and are capable of doing much higher volume than your use for personal needs.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you read the fine print on the allegedly USP GSO from med lab supply they tell you its not really GSO because its not filtered in a sterile environment. IMO nothing wrong with using GSO from a grocery store so long as the end product is ran thru a .22

I'd be more concerned with proper sterilization of the glassware, meaning depyrogenation (is that spelled right?)

New Threads