First Meet

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We are all very proud of you.

You have balls, guts, and determination. Shake this off and move on. Time to look ahead to the next meet. We are all behind you brother.

ABOVE ALL you competed and that is way more than 99% of people can say.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I definitely appreciate seeing and hearing this. If someone at your level started here, then all is not lost

I just done my first meet a little over a year ago and bombed out on squat big time. squatted 425(missed 450), benched 350, pulled 505. now i'm squatting 500 for reps, benched 405 off of a 2 board the other day easy, and deadlifting 500 + chains off of a deficit for reps. if you want it bad the gains will come fast bro. you got your feet wet with your first meet. now set some big goals, train hard, and kick some ass brother.

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
Well it seems I stand corrected. The results were posted and it looks as though my 230 bench did indeed count. I thought it was good, but had a buddy in the audience that said otherwise. So fuk yeah!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Most people raw pull more then they squat.

My bro totaled 1840 raw he squatted 606 but pulled 755.

Just keep working on all your lifts and focus on all 3 equally and all 3 will grow.

What POB might be saying is don't over due it with the deadlift like trying to max every week because it will kill all your lifts at some point you can squat for max and squat more times a week then you can max a pull in a month. Overdoing your deadlift will crash your CNS and then you start going backwards.

Where your at right now I wouldn't pull for max more then once a month but in time when you build a stronger CNS you can play with pulling more often with different percentages.
^^This^^
widehips71,

I want to make sure you didn't skim over this:; so true it's worth noting twice.

New Threads