Westside Barbell

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like this crew has fell off the map since raw powerlifting seems to be taking over? I respect all of those guys I'm just wondering why they've been so quiet as of late. I haven't heard shit about them in a pretty good while, not even on Louie Simmons or Dave Hoff. Kinda weird.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like this crew has fell off the map since raw powerlifting seems to be taking over? I respect all of those guys I'm just wondering why they've been so quiet as of late. I haven't heard shit about them in a pretty good while, not even on Louie Simmons or Dave Hoff. Kinda weird.

It's a pattern to get great at WS then leave and start your own shit up.

Louie goes through this a lot through the years, new blood will be born out of WS in time.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Scott and Shawna Mendelson and Dave Hoof are giving a 3 hour Powerlifiting Clinic on the 20th a few miles from me, and I'm pissed I will be on Vacation.. I will get to go to the Westside Invitational in August to spectate.....

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You are going to have to give me a few years bro! I am going to make Westside for raw guys the real deal!

:)

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's a pattern to get great at WS then leave and start your own shit up.

Louie goes through this a lot through the years, new blood will be born out of WS in time.

Maybe so. Personally I just feel that gear is about to be a thing of the past. You know what they say about opinions though...

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe so. Personally I just feel that gear is about to be a thing of the past. You know what they say about opinions though...

Double ply ruin Powerlifting the past few years and a lot even 3000lb plus total Thad Coleman quit to Bodybuilding but because of the ex 2 ply guys going raw now guys like Thad are coming back raw also.

The passed high f'n squats is what needs to be a thing of the past and 2ply and high passed squat go hand and hand.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hear ya man. Vogelpohl is about the only geared lifter i've ever been really crazy about. shit like this is what gets on my nerves about gear. I'm gonna post a video of chris pappillion bashing westside for their ridiculously high squats. all you have to do is listen to the first three minutes of it for the most part. then look at the vid that was posted of him on facebook 3 months prior to him making those statements. his squat was higher that hoff's lol.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is just a training session he maybe trying to break the suit it and trust me until you do it will not allow you to hit depth.

I've put on briefs once that were very broke in. same with a shirt. all it took was one time for me to realize it wasn't for me. i still respect what those guys do though.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Vogelpohl is the only one i've seen hit depth in a suit anyway.

New Threads