Shortness of breath during workouts with Test Prop

Reaction score
I'm approximately 3.5 weeks into a Test Prop/Masteron cycle @ 150mg of each EOD. I'm having incredible results so far but have noticed a couple problems and wanted to see if anyone has experienced anything similar or might know the underlying problems to these.

The first being that I've noticed that I'm becoming more out of breath during my workouts. While I feel like my muscles can push out a few more reps, I get held back because I end up feeling like I just did an all out sprint. After approx 30 minutes into every workout I start to feel out of gas after every set - but my muscles still have the energy to lift. Hope that makes sense and if so, has anyone else experienced a similar issue or have any suggestions on offsetting this to some extent?

The other issue has less to do with workouts and more to do with my muscles feeling like they're cramping up, or being pulled or strained causing pain that sticks around for a good 5min or so, then goes away. This happens while just doing everyday things: for example, this morning at work I reached over my shoulder to scratch my back and felt like my trap muscle (the one I reached over) either cramped up or was strained. It's a pretty substantial pain - but it goes away 5min after. This is just one example, but I've had this happen with numerous muscles throughout my body and have only noticed it while on this cycle. Anyone have any idea what this may be from and have any advice as to how to minimize this?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice/help with this, it's very much appreciated.

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Yea I get same way.. so I dnt do crazy cardio...lol

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I always have shortness of breath..always have my whole life. Hereditary? My mom also has this issue. And I dont do cardio. Because I sound like a smoker start wheezing n shit

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem and find any sort of workaround with it?

Rfagazzi

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I only get that way on tren. As stated above, take it easy on the cardio and be careful.

Reaction score
I'm approximately 3.5 weeks into a Test Prop/Masteron cycle @ 150mg of each EOD. I'm having incredible results so far but have noticed a couple problems and wanted to see if anyone has experienced anything similar or might know the underlying problems to these.

The first being that I've noticed that I'm becoming more out of breath during my workouts. While I feel like my muscles can push out a few more reps, I get held back because I end up feeling like I just did an all out sprint. After approx 30 minutes into every workout I start to feel out of gas after every set - but my muscles still have the energy to lift. Hope that makes sense and if so, has anyone else experienced a similar issue or have any suggestions on offsetting this to some extent?

The other issue has less to do with workouts and more to do with my muscles feeling like they're cramping up, or being pulled or strained causing pain that sticks around for a good 5min or so, then goes away. This happens while just doing everyday things: for example, this morning at work I reached over my shoulder to scratch my back and felt like my trap muscle (the one I reached over) either cramped up or was strained. It's a pretty substantial pain - but it goes away 5min after. This is just one example, but I've had this happen with numerous muscles throughout my body and have only noticed it while on this cycle. Anyone have any idea what this may be from and have any advice as to how to minimize this?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice/help with this, it's very much appreciated.

check your blood pressure.

shenky

Reaction score
I'm also curious as to why I'm short of breath on my deca cycle. I DO have high BP, so maybe that's it.

T

TriniJuice

I was having this issue b4 and it was a result of my hemocrit and red blood cells being high;
Once I donated blood it went away the next day...

Last edited:
Reaction score
most of the shortness of breath issues are from spikes in blood pressure.
of course in training it will be high. but it can be spikes to higher level that the body not used to. and as a result increase the heart rate to higher level that the body not used to.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I may be mildy asthmatic.

When I was on bronAid...I was able to breathe like a vacuum.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I may be mildy asthmatic.

When I was on bronAid...I was able to breathe like a vacuum.
Confirmed asthma for me.. use to be on all kinds of shit as a kid... I love bronkaid and its all I take now

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Confirmed asthma for me.. use to be on all kinds of shit as a kid... I love bronkaid and its all I take now

Long term use?

Heard some bad stuff is also in there. Dont quote me. But the reason why I pass was the high amount of guanifesine? In regards to its use in this lifestyle.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Long term use?

Heard some bad stuff is also in there. Dont quote me. But the reason why I pass was the high amount of guanifesine? In regards to its use in this lifestyle.
I never had a problem with it. I use it in my eca/ecy stack which I cycle on and off...but even when I'm off I use half a dose preworkout - so yes long term

Guaifenesin just loosens up phlem and helps lower blood pressure... at least from what I've read

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was advised that higher doses of guaifenesin would damage the liver.

Whats your vision on that lupe?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
test p doesn't bother my cardio....just sayin

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

what's considered higher doses? while on cycle I'll take 3-4 doses (1 tab) of bronkaid - each tab has 400mg of guaifenesin. on the bronkaid box it says do not exceed 6 tabs in 24hrs.. I just did a quick search and nothing came up that indicated it even affects the liver... my liver is A-Ok.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I just looked thru the adverse events reported for the drug and don't see liver damage. There have been cases of acute intoxication of it on combination with other drugs but those were intentional and resulted in death (suicide).

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I would say double that dose to be higher and at 800mg of guain .. I dont want anything near a gram in my body.

New Threads