Is Anastrozole Preveting Maximum Gains

Paolos

Reaction score
I would really like some insight to see if the use of Anastrozole is preventing some of may gains.
I'm currently in week 5 of a 16 week cycle using 600mg of test E (split) and 400mg Deca (split). I feel very strong and my
total testosterone is 3840 as of right now. My weight has only gone up 4lbs and i have lost 2 lbs of body fat so my total gain
is 6lbs of lean body mass.

I run Anastrozole @ .5mg everyday could this be holding me back? I have never had gyno before and have only used this product since
my return to AS 3 years ago. 25 years ago when i was competing we never used it and I never got gyno then. I only use this product
because i was advised to do so by a local pro who said i should.

Current stats 6'-0" 222.4# 9.7% body fat. I eat very clean (only 2 cheat meals a week) 3500 calories 35% protein 45% carbs 20% fat

Thoughts?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It will hold down the water weight. Also it's still a early in your cycle week 5 of long ester is just about hitting the sweet spot. I would say that .5mg of Adex ED is a bit much for that cycle. I'd cut that down to EOD or E3D. Only way to tell for sure is to get your E2 checked though.

Paolos

Reaction score
Thanks DF I think I will cut it back to .5 E3D and see what happens. I'm due for a bloodwork at week 8 so i will check out the E2 and see what the deal is.
I know I should not be complaining 6 lbs of quality gains is not bad. I really don't care about scale weight just improving myself safely is my goal.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like DF stated - while .5 daily is prolly overkill, you shouldn't be guessing off your arimidex dosage. You have total test... did you get estroidal readings aswell?

Paolos

Reaction score
No not since I have been on. I just got the testosterone checked to make sure my product was good. maybe I should do a full work up now rather than at 8 weerk?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Paolos,

Now would be a perfect time to get your blood work done. I seem to be good with anastrozole at 0.5mg/ 300mg of test. My last blood work brought my E2 in at about 28. I thought I may have crashed it because I was feeling tired. I use Test Cyp. and it always feels like I'm not getting any results until week 6. The good thing about anastrozole I have found is I respond quickly so any adjustment can be made just as fast. I bet your gains are just around the corner.

Paolos

Reaction score
Thanks Snake funny you should mention the tired part...I feel tired big time! Have an office job and if I don't watch out my head will start bobbin.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks Snake funny you should mention the tired part...I feel tired big time! Have an office job and if I don't watch out my head will start bobbin.

Same Bro; desk jockey. Here's a tip! After lunch, go for a 10 min. walk. With as much as I eat, when I'm done, all I want to do is digest my food like..well... a Snake.

New Threads