how do u deadlift??

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I never do touch and go. Not cus I'm a BADASS but because it makes my back pumps so much fukking worse.
can't wait for Monday to try some heavier weight with sumo. If I don't feel 100 percent like a homo then I'll stick with them. Lol

RJ

Reaction score
conventional. sumo just seems like it would be weird. and i like pulling conventional so i don't feel the need to switch.

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
I made the switch to sumo and will always pull that for meets now. It feels more natural. I can pull more and it's much easier on my lower back for those heavier percentages (I herniated two disks in '09 in a bad car accident). However, my coach will have me pulling conventional during my offseason training cycles which isn't as balls to the wall and consists of lower percentages. Then when I switch back to a precontest training cycle, which last 10 weeks, I'll go back to sumo and full on gung ho peaking time for the meet.

On a side note Ecks, my coach has an e-book I can shoot your way if you're interested. I won't drop his name here but you hooked me up with the cube so I figured I would return the favor

yeti

Reaction score
I do both. One builds the other and so on.

I don't agree with the cheating though... Sumo is just a ridiculously difficult movement and a technically harder one to master than the conventional, in my opinion.
I like pulling sumo for high reps after my squat and deadlift days, as, like so many people have said, they build the hams and glutes.

Why not both? like Dan Green. He pulls both in training.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
jenners avi is making things hard on me. but i pull conventional and always will. i suck at sumo and it makes me hate it. a sumo pull just doesn't even look like a deadlift to me.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
jenners avi is making things hard on me. but i pull conventional and always will. i suck at sumo and it makes me hate it. a sumo pull just doesn't even look like a deadlift to me.

Lol, that's my boob contribution for now;)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

deadlift666

Elite
Reaction score
I benchmark myself by my conventional deadlift, but use sumo as a training tool, along with other variations.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
hahaha, how was visiting your son?
Great, except for the news I had to give him, but he's an adult. Thanks for asking. I'll do what I told you I would do shortly.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great, except for the news I had to give him, but he's an adult. Thanks for asking. I'll do what I told you I would do shortly.

Yea, it's a bit easier when they are adults. Cool :)

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
So i worked up to 455 today for a few sets of doubles. I know I'm new to this sumo shit but I just don't feel strong with it. So slow off the floor. Then I did a few sets of conventional and was rippin the 455 off the floor fast as fukk. And that's with no belt too bbecause the rib is all fukked still and don't wanna crank my belt down and hurt the rib even more.

I dunno if I'm gonna stick with it or not. Maybe one more shot next week with it and see how it feels again.

RJ

Reaction score
So i worked up to 455 today for a few sets of doubles. I know I'm new to this sumo shit but I just don't feel strong with it. So slow off the floor. Then I did a few sets of conventional and was rippin the 455 off the floor fast as fukk. And that's with no belt too bbecause the rib is all fukked still and don't wanna crank my belt down and hurt the rib even more.

I dunno if I'm gonna stick with it or not. Maybe one more shot next week with it and see how it feels again.

yeah one bad heavy day to a new stance and you should definitely give it up. Good job Brandon. mlp

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
yeah one bad heavy day to a new stance and you should definitely give it up. Good job Brandon. mlp
Hahaha haha I wonder what that full in douche bag is doing these days.

And it just doesn't feel right rj. 455 felt like 555. I'll give it a few more weeks I guess.

RJ

Reaction score
Hahaha haha I wonder what that full in douche bag is doing these days.

And it just doesn't feel right rj. 455 felt like 555. I'll give it a few more weeks I guess.

haha. he's still around on the FB group. still a tard.

and you know I'm just breaking balls. Like i said, i haven't even tried it cuz i'm stubborn. Of course I'm getting older and my heavy days are nearing and end i feel. body just can't take it anymore.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I know u r fukkin with me but its frustrating. Haha. But since I figured out how to get rid of these back pumps I think I should be sticking with conventional anyways. The back pumps have been fukkin with my deadlift for years and finally don't have to deal with them anymore.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I know u r fukkin with me but its frustrating. Haha. But since I figured out how to get rid of these back pumps I think I should be sticking with conventional anyways. The back pumps have been fukkin with my deadlift for years and finally don't have to deal with them anymore.

Have you ever tried taurine for the pumps Ecks? I used to get them real bad after squats and deads but now nothing. I credit the taurine and a couple form tweaks.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
haha. he's still around on the FB group. still a tard.

and you know I'm just breaking balls. Like i said, i haven't even tried it cuz i'm stubborn. Of course I'm getting older and my heavy days are nearing and end i feel. body just can't take it anymore.

Ecks

I started my sumo journey with a coach last night. Guy pulls in the 700's at 220/242. I did set after set after set with 225. Hammering my form. I was blown out. It is a very technical lift.

Stick with it brother and I will pass along anything that I learn. I can post some videos etc later on if you want or send you a link privately.

I think that I will be able to pull more like this, but like I said it is going to take time. Form is everything with this lift.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Doc taurine helped me a little but never got rid of them entirely. U must of missed my post where I said i no longer get the back pumps since I've been rolling out my hips with the mobility wod ball. Thing is magic. Haha.

Dt I'll stick with it for a while. Thanks for that post man. I'll make the journey with u!! Your right it's gonna take some time.

RJ

Reaction score
Doc taurine helped me a little but never got rid of them entirely. U must of missed my post where I said i no longer get the back pumps since I've been rolling out my hips with the mobility wod ball. Thing is magic. Haha.

so just rolling out your hips has helped with back pumps? Or are you rolling out your back too? Man i hate the ****ing roller but that thing is magic.

Did i say i hate it? Christ!!

New Threads