Another 1st Cycle thread =(, Also need your thoughts on Arimidex/Nolva

Reaction score
Another 1st cycle thread here. Let's get the background information out of the way first.
Weight: 188-193 pounds.
Bodyfat: Not sure, I'll post a picture and let you guys decide that.
Experience: 10 years, Squat: 455, Deadlift: somewhere in the mid 500's neighborhood (I don't deadlift frequently anymore, too many bodyparts hurt afterwards), Bench: **** bench, I can do 4-6 reps of dips with 4 45's on the belt.
Current Routine: Doing a doggcrapp/powerlifting hybrid that I've tweaked over the years.
Supplements: Zero, nada. No creatine, no multi-vitamins, not even protein whey. I am a firm believer that good old natural food will take care of that for me.

Cycle Goals: break through 500 squat barrier, 600 deadlift. Gain some solid muscle mass, same old, same old.
Tentative cycle plans: I want to keep my first cycle as simple as possible, and eliminate any unnecessary variables.

Weeks 1-10: Test Cyp, somewhere around 300 to 500mg a week.
Weeks 14-17: Probably standard Nolvadex PCT, Maybe torem if its an acceptable substitute

Questions:
1. I WILL have arimidex on hand, if there's one thing I've taken away from all the research I've done is to ALWAYS be safe than sorry. However, I'm not sure if I should run Arimidex ALL throughout the cycle? There seems to be two schools of thought regarding this drug, and I want your opinions on which is the better route for a beginner such as myself.

1A. Take .25mg Arimidex EOD throughout the entire cycle. The reasoning seems to be that you should always be safe when cycling, and take preventative steps before any problems occur.
1B. Take .25 to .5mg Arimidex EOD only when needed (counteract puffy nips, excessive bloating etc). The reasoning from what I've gathered is that Arimidex is a powerful drug in its own right, with its own set of problems and side effects. In order to prevent complications and to understand what specific compounds are causing specific side effects, Arimidex should only be taken when you feel you need it. A little bloating is good for you anyways, it'll go away eventually, and we want to minimize exogenous compounds for a first time user.

2. I happened to buy toremifene rather than nolva. Should I go ahead and purchase nolva anyways? Or is torem an acceptable substitute for Nolva?

I'd appreciate any feed back from you guys!!

bla.jpg

Edit: Not gonna lie, my back looks pretty good for a natty =D, Imagine how much better it would look with some help ;D

Last edited:

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
I would extend the cycle to 12 to 14 weeks at 500mg/week. After 6 weeks I'd bump it to 750mg/week...gotta take into consideration the weight of the ester.

Adex will probably need the entire cycle. Start at .25mg eod. Then adjust accordingly. But the only way to know for sure your estrogen is in control is by blood test. I'd get that 6 weeks in.

PCT needs to be a Nolva and clomid combo.
Nolva at 40mg/day the first two weeks of pct then down to 20mg/day the last 2 weeks of PCT.
Clomid at 75mg/day the first 2 weeks and 50mg/the last two.
Some start clomid at 100mg/day the first week.

PCT should be started 14 to 21 days after last pin if using test C.

Reaction score
Thanks frank, so I'm assuming Torem is not an acceptable substitute for Nolva?

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
I'd stay within 500 to 750 test. I know guys that cruise at 250, so 300 isn't much at all. I started at 500 then by week 8 I jumped it to 750. I'm currently on my first cycle as well.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Yes torem is an acceptable substitute.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I'd stay within 500 to 750 test. I know guys that cruise at 250, so 300 isn't much at all. I started at 500 then by week 8 I jumped it to 750. I'm currently on my first cycle as well.
Yea but some guys cruise at a gram a week also.

300 a week would bring some gains but take advantage of your first cycle and run at least 500. I think 500 is plenty for a first timer.

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score

300 a week would bring some gains but take advantage of your first cycle and run at least 500. I think 500 is plenty for a first timer.

Lol true on the cruise. But 300 isn't that much Test. Just my opinion.

Reaction score

Thanks for the tips. Also I'd like more opinions on taking arimidex all throughout the cycle. Lots of conflicting opinions regarding arimidex even among knowledgeable people

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Lol true on the cruise. But 300 isn't that much Test. Just my opinion.
I agree with you fronk. 300 isn't much but if I had to do it all over again I would run my first cycle at 300 a week. Just because of how I know I react to such low doses of test. Shit I've had to cut my calories recently because I'm still gaining weight on my measly 175 a week. Lol.

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Also I'd like more opinions on taking arimidex all throughout the cycle. Lots of conflicting opinions regarding arimidex even among knowledgeable people

Do you want high estrogen or low/normal estrogen? For a beginner it would be best to keep your estro at bay. Not everyone gets bitch tits with high estro, but I wouldn't chance it. You WILL have estro conversation. High estro can be the cause of acne, blood pressure issues, and water bloat. You don't seem like the type that wants that. I'd run adex the entire cycle. Only sure way to know your levels are normal are with blood tests

Last edited:

motley482

Reaction score
Ive been running roughly .35 mgs armidex EOD on my 400mg test prop cycle...cant be exact cause the pills are so damn tiny and a bittch to break up...but usually I break out twice as much on my shoulders and chest then ill bump up my armidex to .5 EOD for a week and ot goes away

New Threads