Testosterone Propionate Linked to Test Flu

GenetixSupreme

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whats up brothers,

Curious to know more on this. I've been reading up on the Propionate Ester causing flu like symptoms in some, others experience nothing. I have been implementing 100mg/mL test p ED for the past 3 days now and have been feeling what I believe to be the test flu. Slightly elevated body temp, sweating profusely at night, chills, warm to the touch. Any facts behind this?? And has anyone else experienced similar sides?

Heard the myth behind this was a BA/BB reaction?? I have no idea, but I'd like to make sure it happens to some. This is my first time using Test P.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Might not be the ester, if the gear contains Ethyl Oleate and you're allergic to it, it can cause a flu-like reaction.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
had a buddy that got this and looked like he was dying. i figured he just was sick... hmm

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Two questions:

Is this your first time using prop?

Is this your first time running a new lab?

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Higher body temp and more sweating - nothing unusual there... and those aren't what I would consider Flu symptoms Lol

GenetixSupreme

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Two questions:

Is this your first time using prop?

Is this your first time running a new lab?

Yes, was doing TPP/NPP but cut the NPP after 6 weeks because of bloating. Using prop and winstrol now. This prop is from local friends, all of which have been using with no sides.

Higher body temp and more sweating - nothing unusual there... and those aren't what I would consider Flu symptoms Lol

Lol, cutting weight in my sleep!

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
So you've used propionate ester in both NPP and TPP without issue but this new prop from the local is giving you issues.
Sounds like it's not the propionate that's the problem ;)

GenetixSupreme

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So you've used propionate ester in both NPP and TPP without issue but this new prop from the local is giving you issues.
Sounds like it's not the propionate that's the problem ;)

Isn't the phenylpropionate ester still a bit different of chemical makeup than propionate ester?

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Isn't the phenylpropionate ester still a bit different of chemical makeup than propionate ester?

Yep, they're a little different but still propionate esters.

Have you asked your source if your new stuff contains EO?

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
... that's sketcky....

GSO is the carrier oil, there has to be at least BA in there to prevent bacterial growth...

GenetixSupreme

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just used to better compounds than these local guys are... :p

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This discussion of some not tolerating test prop has gone on for years.

Unfortunately some guys just don't tolerated it. They have HUGE PIP, flu like sytpoms, and overall feel terrible while taking it.

Other guys like me prefer prop to long esters (even for trt) because it causes less water retention and fewer sides in general. Of course, it must be pinned more often but once you get over the fear of the needle that's really not a problem.

11Bravo

Elite
Reaction score
I would highly doubt the ester has anything to do with it

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There is Def something to it. I get a little of these feelings on test e and c. But when I take prop or sus I feel like shit for 3 or 4 days. I even get small swelling and red. That is Def a reaction to the compounds. Diff labs different times, every time I use prop or sus I get these reactions.

graniteman

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I looked into this a while back and posted this at TID, the only medical reasoning I could find. I've only got it once or twice.

Test 'Flu'

Always wondered why but never actually looked into why. I found this part of an article about what causes ''test flu''.

'Sustanon flu' or 'sus flu' is a fairly common occurrence when using testosterone. The problem has been given this name by some users who experience flu-like symptoms upon commencing a testosterone cycle. It's worth noting that this problem is primarily associated with short esterified testosterones such as Propionate (including Sustanon which include a Prop/Phenylprop ester), though is possible in reality from any testosterone ester. Although there are varying opinions which suggest a cause for this issue, the properties and effects of testosterone metabolite Etiocholanone make it appear particularly plausible. Etiocholanone is a pyrogen and elevations in circulatory levels are associated with feverish effects. Propionate as we know is a fast acting ester resulting in a rapid elevation in testosterone and thus etiocholanone levels. It's certainly possible that this rapid increase results in some users experiencing flu-like symptoms during the early stages of a cycle.

Jayjay82

Elite
Reaction score
Most likely you just got a cold or something you will know if you have test flu. Good luck

Jayjay82

Elite
Reaction score
Some people react to short esters very different some are okay with them others get redness and swelling also extreme PIP.

New Threads