AAS and Hair Loss

Reaction score
Ha easier said than done! Shit I wish I had the head shape to not give a **** lol. You know that round slightly narrow GQ Alpha look. Nope that ain't me. As a kid I used to look more like that kid from Bobbys World, so yeah I'm sticking to what I got...:)

That being said I was going to run the basic Test E 500x12weeks as my first cycle, but I figured I'll start w a quickie 4 week Superdrol cycle to test the waters, got my Fin and RU on deck!

HeiseTX

Reaction score
What is best for receding hairline & shedding?

minerals, antioxidants, shampoos etc

two_slug

Elite
Reaction score
I'll summarize this paragraph into one sentence. Shave your head if you start going bald!!!
I agree.
I was in a gas station and noticed a guy in one of those big round mirrors they have hanging up. The first thing that came to mind, was that guy has a big ass bald spot. Then to my horror, I realized that guy was me. I went home that night and shaved my head and have continued to shave ever since. That was 14 yrs ago and at the time, I knew that yrs of AAS use had caused my hair to thin, but I didn't realize it was to that extent. Some people say that a shaved head makes you look older, but at my age I'm sure if I had a full head of hair, it would be gray, which I think would be worse.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
What is best for receding hairline & shedding?

minerals, antioxidants, shampoos etc

Finasteride- Propecia but you need to be on it for 9 months to even see a slight result. You could try Nizoral; there's some research on that but it's not going to work. If you're shedding from a DHT AAS you're doomed. Finasteride will only stop the conversion of Testosterone to DHT. Once the DHT is in the mix, it's over. Some guys look good bald, I'm just not one of them.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Meh, hair is overrated anyway.

I hope the Mast I'm using makes the rest of mine fall out so I don't have to shave so much.

HeiseTX

Reaction score
Finasteride- Propecia but you need to be on it for 9 months to even see a slight result. You could try Nizoral; there's some research on that but it's not going to work. If you're shedding from a DHT AAS you're doomed. Finasteride will only stop the conversion of Testosterone to DHT. Once the DHT is in the mix, it's over. Some guys look good bald, I'm just not one of them.

I realized I'm not shedding, but I have noticed my hair is slightly receded at the corners. I don't take AAS btw

Reaction score
In my case low estrogen and aromasin caused more hair loss than any AAS. I initially blamed it on primo but this past year I was only on test and aromasin and my hair thinned dramatically in a couple of months. This was even with estrogen in the recommended range. As soon as I stopped the aromasin it began returning. It may not ever be the same but I have 5 times as much hair as I did then.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I think this is more of a case of if you are already losing it, AAS are gonna speed up the process, especially mast. But if you are not predisposed to losing your hair, you will be fine. At least from my experience.

Reaction score
hair loss was one thing i was always worried about pre-cycling, now i just say whatever. you have to make some sacrifices to get what you want in life. it just depends on how bad you want it.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hair loss was one thing i was always worried about pre-cycling, now i just say whatever. you have to make some sacrifices to get what you want in life. it just depends on how bad you want it.
Agree that people should know and accept the risks of whatever it is they are using, however why are you bumping a thread from over a month ago on a topic that is mostly handled and irrelevant for the most part?

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Wish all my hair would fall out sick of shaving my balls!

Bring on the mast !!!!

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Agree that people should know and accept the risks of whatever it is they are using, however why are you bumping a thread from over a month ago on a topic that is mostly handled and irrelevant for the most part?

dirty sanchez has been blasting every thread for the past couple hours lol.. :32 (9):

Reaction score
By the time you notice you have a problem with hair loss its too late

I love the final analysis Nobody knows

New Threads