Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I suck ass too. Just sayin..lol

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
LOL wow, let's sue the estate of a dead hero because he let the world know how big of an asshole I am. **** that guy. I still love Predator though....

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He sued chris, not the estate. And what makes Chris any more of a hero than Ventura? Both were SEALs.

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
The article I read said he sued the estate... you can't sue a dead guy. IMO suing a dead guy because you're butthurt about some shit that he said you said, strips you of all titles related to and including "hero". Anyone who has, knows someone who has, or is currently serving in the military knows it's a brotherhood. Especially when you're on special forces, and ESPECIALLY when you're a SEAL. These guys live and die for their teams. This asshole just saw an opportunity to make some money, really just pocket change to him, off of his dead brother. If he wasn't a politician, lawsuit wouldn't have happened. Even so, he could've gotten by with just a public statement negating the claim. I mean how are you gonna go after someone who can't defend himself? If he was alive that's bad enough but the guy is dead.

Kinda just playing devil's advocate on this one cause I hate politicians to begin with lol. But, I do still think what he did is wrong.

lightweight

Reaction score
It's just the principle of it. Doesn't matter if they both were seals. You should sue Chris's estate or chis himself. Chris put his life on the line ( just like everyone else in the military) and was taken out in the last place he would have thought. His wife understanding that and losing her husband is hard enough ventura shouldn't be adding more hardship

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
I will also throw in, though admittedly anecdotal and speculative, I know a guy that was a SEAL on an underwater demo team in Vietnam. His sole duty... blowing up refugee boats fleeing the country so we could blame them for killing their people. Jesse's confirmed kills = civilians, Chris's confirmed kills = mostly high profile terrorists. Again, I obviously have no proof to back either of those statements I'm just throwing it out there for the sake of debate.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I honestly think it sucked what he did. suing his estate, well his wife. Like she and the family hadn't suffered enough.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For ****s sake guys, ventura sued chris. Chris died and the judge kept the lawsuit going against the estate. Fyi I considered Chris a friend and I know he thought the same of me, so don't think for one second this is any sort of attack on him. I personally think Ventura is an oldschool asshole, but the law is on his side.

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
For ****s sake guys, ventura sued chris. Chris died and the judge kept the lawsuit going against the estate. Fyi I considered Chris a friend and I know he thought the same of me, so don't think for one second this is any sort of attack on him. I personally think Ventura is an oldschool asshole, but the law is on his side.

Not trying to get you all heated Spongy, and I know you're not attacking Chris. I just like to stir the shit sometimes.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score

He sued chris. Chris died. He refiled the suit against the widow and estate so that Taya, the heirs, nor the estate could profit from the story.

Jesse Ventura is a cock sucking, attention whoring, piece of monkey shit conspiracy theorist. Yeah, the law is on ventura's side...but he is still a bitch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...famed-wrestler-writing-punched-bar-fight.html

anewguy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man I used to like that guy. He was so upfront and real about shit. I think his intentions were good when it came to exposing government secrets but his show on TruTV ran out of topics or something... And went downhill... FAST.

I didn't read the link but once I found out he was suing that snipers wife, I stopped paying him any attention. I heard a while back he was gonna run for president lol. To think that he was once a governor. Oh well, he's still got more of a shot than Romney ever had.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Because I'm sure chris's family appreciates the fact you think Jesse Ventura is an asshole. I happen to agree with you, but there are countless other examples of him being an asshole you could cite.

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jesse Ventura was a member of Underwater Demolition Team 12, and he left the Navy 8 years before UDT teams were re-designated as SEAL or SDV Teams. He was never a SEAL, even though his faggot ass likes to claim which is complete bullshit. Though he was in Vietnam and has received the Vietnam Service Medal, he has personally admitted that he never saw combat as all SEAL's of that era did. Also, during the Vietnam era, SEAL and UDT teams were separate units. Seals were under the Special Operations banner and UDT were not.

SEAL training is also separate from BUD/S training. Passing BUD/S only guarantees that you will move on to Parachutist and SEAL qualification training, not that you will pass it. There were also separate NEC (Naval Enlisted Classification Codes, or job codes) for both SEAL's and UDT members. He got called out by Chris and the dude didn't like it so he acted like a bitch and took it to court and the only reason he won today was because he was a governor not a SEAL.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jesse Ventura was a member of Underwater Demolition Team 12, and he left the Navy 8 years before UDT teams were re-designated as SEAL or SDV Teams. He was never a SEAL, even though his faggot ass likes to claim which is complete bullshit. Though he was in Vietnam and has received the Vietnam Service Medal, he has personally admitted that he never saw combat as all SEAL's of that era did. Also, during the Vietnam era, SEAL and UDT teams were separate units. Seals were under the Special Operations banner and UDT were not.

SEAL training is also separate from BUD/S training. Passing BUD/S only guarantees that you will move on to Parachutist and SEAL qualification training, not that you will pass it. There were also separate NEC (Naval Enlisted Classification Codes, or job codes) for both SEAL's and UDT members. He got called out by Chris and the dude didn't like it so he acted like a bitch and took it to court and the only reason he won today was because he was a governor not a SEAL.

A perfect example of why he's an asshole.

woodswise

Reaction score
Whether or not Ventura is an asshole, he won his suit, and the standard for proving defamation is very high in general and even higher for public officials who have to prove more than an average person to win this type of suit. So it makes me think Chris probably must have defamed Ventura (even though we all agree Ventura probably deserved it).