Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vials vs Amps

Thanks
    Thanked 5,944 Times in 2,713 Posts
    You cannot engage in a respectful, intellectual debate so you resort to name calling.

You think that that affects me or impresses anyone on this board?

Jacked and Bearded

Thanks
    If the oil is dosed and sterile then i dont care although ive heard water based stuff is better in amps cos it doesnt stay easily sterile in multi dosed vials compared to oils

Thanks
    I've never seen an amp, is the oil just open to air before you pull it? Or is there some kind of stopper in the neck of the amp after you break it?
    Edit I guess we inject room air in to vials so doesn't really matter.. Just the idea of having stuff drop on the surface of the oil freaks me out I guess
    Last edited by Mythos; 06-12-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    I've never seen an amp, is the oil just open to air before you pull it? Or is there some kind of stopper in the neck of the amp after you break it?
    Edit I guess we inject room air in to vials so doesn't really matter.. Just the idea of having stuff drop on the surface of the oil freaks me out I guess
    Amps are hermetically sealed. Fully enclosed in glass. You must break the glass to get to the drug. Single use.

Jacked and Bearded

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Amps are hermetically sealed. Fully enclosed in glass. You must break the glass to get to the drug. Single use.
    Yeah but once you break it the oil is just open to air for a minute til you pull it up right?

Thanks
    Yeah but once you break it the oil is just open to air for a minute til you pull it up right?
    Yes. Don't you inject air into the vile before you pull an injection? I do. Never an issue.

Jacked and Bearded

Thanks
    Yes. Don't you inject air into the vile before you pull an injection? I do. Never an issue.

The main source of infection is bacteria living on the surface of our skin. That's why it's important to wipe our skin with alcohol first and why people like BRICKS (who give injections professionally) don't bother to wipe the vile tops prior to pulling an injection.

Jacked and Bearded

Thanks
    Yeah I do inject air, I mentioned that in an edit which I thought about after I posted. I do pull air in with the cap still on to minimize particulates though .. I guess it's just a feeling I have about it from another non medical but semi sterile process I used to do that involved avoiding open air to minimize contamination

At work I hold people down while they get IMs and I have seen some horrific shit..some people you can't clean enough before they need to get snowed..usually they're all soaked in piss and booze kicking and screaming .. Needles come out all bent, medicine all over the place lol.
    Once I saw a guy get an IM THROUGH a filthy pair of jeans. This was before my aas use so the full horror of that did not sink in until recently
    I never get to see what happens to these people later but I assume they lived

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythos For This Useful Post:

Jin (06-12-2018)

Thanks
    Yeah I do inject air, I mentioned that in an edit which I thought about after I posted. I do pull air in with the cap still on to minimize particulates though .. I guess it's just a feeling I have about it from another non medical but semi sterile process I used to do that involved avoiding open air to minimize contamination

At work I hold people down while they get IMs and I have seen some horrific shit..some people you can't clean enough before they need to get snowed..usually they're all soaked in piss and booze kicking and screaming .. Needles come out all bent, medicine all over the place lol.
    Once I saw a guy get an IM THROUGH a filthy pair of jeans. This was before my aas use so the full horror of that did not sink in until recently
    I never get to see what happens to these people later but I assume they lived
    It's precautionary, not 100% needed. When that girl went into diabetic shock I didn't say "hold on, who's got an alcohol swab?", we just injected her with insulin. Chances are she didn't get an access or Infection or suffer any ill effects from our lack of procedure.

Those infections though can be life threatening. So best to use best practice.

Jacked and Bearded

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12