Protein powder ingredients - Ugbodybuilding shake- Super drink ?

viktor89

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Over the time I've learned a lot from this board and realized that a lot of learned guys reside in here. So I thought why not we all as a group come up with ingredients and design our own protein powder or if that's even possible ?

I'm tired of just reading reviews about different shakes and then once I run out, the process begins again. Also I've heard people making their own pre-workouts and post workouts , so why not we do it altogether as a group ?

I'm using Optimum nutrition whey and Jim Stopphani's before bed protein.

My question is - can I just go buy few different types of powder and mix them together and make an awesome shake ??

Let's just keep in the ingredients to essential

1. repairs muscle
2. builds muscle
3. recovery
4. slow release/fast release
5. ?
6 ?

Put some Spirulina powder , fish oil powder? lol if there is such thing.

Just the most essential ingredients and no nonsense.

What ya'll think ?

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I remember spongy had some protein powders.

I may be wrong so dont quote me and hope others confirm

viktor89

Reaction score
Or if we can come up with some ingredients to make one as a community. We can all make our own lol

We will be able to achieve a product that has no bs products in it and complete transparency.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There's already a site you can custom make your own powders. Tons of different proteins, carbs, fats, and flavors. Proteinfactory. A little pricey but you know exactly what you're getting. Definitely isn't the best tasting because they don't put all the bs sugars and shit in it but nothing adding some dextrose too won't solve.

viktor89

Reaction score
I was trying to do research on google as to what a good protein should contain but only article I could found was on bodybuilding website and that too was about choosing the right brand.

Any suggestions as to what key ingredients should be whilst making a protein shake ? - only time I drink protein shake is before going to bed - after workout - I eat food.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Blender
5 cups milk
1 box peanut butter pop tarts

Blend.

Chug.

Swole achieved.

Powders suck IMO. If you must use a powder just find a whey casein blend.

And don't buy anything from Jim Stoppani. He is just a supplement company shill.

viktor89

Reaction score
Blender
5 cups milk
1 box peanut butter pop tarts

Blend.

Chug.

Swole achieved.

Powders suck IMO. If you must use a powder just find a whey casein blend.

And don't buy anything from Jim Stoppani. He is just a supplement company shill.

I've notice that since I've started using Jim's casein blend night time protein I wake up with my stomach growling whereas Optimum nurtitions Casein -I'd wake up normal.

I am not looking for Mass gains -something to support my Bill starr workout and I understand if I am not getting bigger I am not getting stronger but I am already 223 lbs and don't want to bulk up more.

What you are suggesting sounds too heavy for before bed time ? is it ?

viktor89

Reaction score
Anyone every try Depo-Nitrolase 250 advertised on Proteinfactory ?

They say " it helps digest 100% of protein you take " saying that "out of one scoop we take only 20% is ingested and rest is washed away".

I don't know how much truth is to that.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've notice that since I've started using Jim's casein blend night time protein I wake up with my stomach growling whereas Optimum nurtitions Casein -I'd wake up normal.

I am not looking for Mass gains -something to support my Bill starr workout and I understand if I am not getting bigger I am not getting stronger but I am already 223 lbs and don't want to bulk up more.

What you are suggesting sounds too heavy for before bed time ? is it ?

If you aren't trying to gain weight why use a powder?

Not busting balls brother just curious. And I kinda hate on protein powders. Most of them aren't even what they are labeled as. Been proven time and time again.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone every try Depo-Nitrolase 250 advertised on Proteinfactory ?

They say " it helps digest 100% of protein you take " saying that "out of one scoop we take only 20% is ingested and rest is washed away".

I don't know how much truth is to that.

Probably none. First hint is the word depo. They often try to make supps sound like steroids and use aas nomenclature. Hell Gaspari used to have a product called plasma jet that came in preloaded oral syringes like redijects.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Probably none. First hint is the word depo. They often try to make supps sound like steroids and use aas nomenclature. Hell Gaspari used to have a product called plasma jet that came in preloaded oral syringes like redijects.

I have some left, you want?

viktor89

Reaction score
If you aren't trying to gain weight why use a powder?

Not busting balls brother just curious. And I kinda hate on protein powders. Most of them aren't even what they are labeled as. Been proven time and time again.

After dinner (9-10 pm ) and before going to bed at 12 midnight and waking up at 9-9.30 am - I need something during night time or I wake up with stomach growling.

That's what I need protein for.

I agree with labelling not accurate hence my original post regarding us coming together as a community to make our own product for home use lol

Also tbh - protein powder gives me sort of mental satisfaction that I'm taking something to support my workout lol

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So you're telling me there's redi-ject protien?

I hope it comes with an 18ga needle and some dumb ass injects it!