Little help... was it cut....?

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok to all the home brewers out there.... Got a small batch of Test E and Deca for some friends, figured try it out and see how it goes. Had some issues with the supplier giving me wrong tracking number at first and other stuff, but it finally arrived... so that part is good.

So both came in ziplock, vacuum sealed baggies, and then in silver linings. I remember simply pressing on it to see if it was at least soft, both were fairly soft, so happy about that. Ok, so I started to work with the Test E. grabbed it out of the bag and immediately noticed it was a waxy brick, but that isnt too unfamiliar with TE apparently. And it had that fruity/piney smell I keep hearing about so thought all was good. As you can see below, it was more of clumps of blocks. I did a small pinch test, got about a BB size pellet out and squeezed, it became waxy after about 1 min...so started to cook it up. Well there were still clumps around 135F...which seemed very very odd if it should melt well below that. Thougth maybe it was cut with Prop since its cheaper, but thinking as it has a higher melting point, it shouldnt melt away at 135 should it? It has melting point of around Test Iso, which is same prince as Test E but why? But cooked the remaining half of the Test E the following day and redid a pinch test and it didnt melt after 2mins, it just crumbled up and turned to sand.

71ubjyc.jpg

fZHCWqa.jpg

Ok so on Sunday I took out the Deca...yellow/brownish. Took just a small amount and put in a ziplock bag and ran under a fine stream of luke warm water, immediately turned to goo. Went to cook this up and there were still some good chunks around 115F...which I thought would be long gone by 100F since it has a really low melting point. Im assuming that it was mainly Deca and there was something else cut into that melts around 115....maybe more Test Iso they had on hand?

CDq6zX6.jpg

I cooked both to about 150-170F...I was told that it is heat and duration that will kill a hormone. I dont think I cooked it too long, simply enough for the swirls to leave and a few mins after that. I assume that should be good and not kill the hormone strand.

If anyone could give some advise on the situation, Id greatly appreciate any insight anyone may have. I asked the supplier about it and got " I assure you powders is Test Enanthate. Melting point is low so climate due may changed it. I assure you next will be normal" (obviously English isnt great)..but "Next will be normal" seems a tad on the shady side...

Thanks,

--Mets

Last edited:

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
What did you mix the powders with? How much solvents?

Paolos

Reaction score
MF4L I will share my experience with Test E only. The consistancy and odor sound right on the money. I live in a very hot climate so regardless
of what time of year it arrives its always one big stickey clump and you can smell it thru the ziplock bag. Because of the clumpiness of the product
it is not uncommon to have some take a bit longer to melt or blend in. As far as melting point goes I don't think you can trust that type of thermometer
that has part of the element touching the bottom of the mixing vessel, part in the hormone and part out of the solution all together. The oven method
seems to be the most percise. Now I have heated my hormone on the stovetop and used an infared thermometer to make sure I dont
use too much heat or to back up my melting point test results. Since all esters of test are very cheap so I dont see them cutting test with another ester
unless they were just running out. I HAVE NEVER HAD IT FEEL LIKE SAND IN MY FINGERS. All you can do it get your bloodwork done to confirm for sure
and its cheap to do. For me I know a weekly dose of around 300mg (high TRT dose) makes my test level close to 2000 and 600mg plus can get it over 4000.
All of these numbers shared are bloodwork confirmed not numbers I dreamed up.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What did you mix the powders with? How much solvents?

2%BA, 18%BB. The Deca pic is before oil was added.

I know TestE dosnt exactly need the BA, from what I have been told by a good man, but figured I had just enough to split between the 2 so figured it couldnt hurt. Did try the freezer after cooked but turned to solid gloop..guess thats because the BB didnt allow it?

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
MF4L I will share my experience with Test E only. The consistancy and odor sound right on the money. I live in a very hot climate so regardless
of what time of year it arrives its always one big stickey clump and you can smell it thru the ziplock bag. Because of the clumpiness of the product
it is not uncommon to have some take a bit longer to melt or blend in. As far as melting point goes I don't think you can trust that type of thermometer
that has part of the element touching the bottom of the mixing vessel, part in the hormone and part out of the solution all together. The oven method
seems to be the most percise. Now I have heated my hormone on the stovetop and used an infared thermometer to make sure I dont
use too much heat or to back up my melting point test results. Since all esters of test are very cheap so I dont see them cutting test with another ester
unless they were just running out. I HAVE NEVER HAD IT FEEL LIKE SAND IN MY FINGERS. All you can do it get your bloodwork done to confirm for sure
and its cheap to do. For me I know a weekly dose of around 300mg (high TRT dose) makes my test level close to 2000 and 600mg plus can get it over 4000.
All of these numbers shared are bloodwork confirmed not numbers I dreamed up.

Appreciate the input from person experience. I didnt think about the therm touching the glass vial part. I placed a small amount of water in the pot and placed the beaker in it, along with the therm... so as you said, the tip of the therm may have been getting the direct heat a lot quicker. I guess next time I might simply hold the therm suspended in the mix to see. Im on the mid east coast..been about 70-85 recently, its been kept in the box under the bed so id say 75 degrees roughly. Def might pick up an infared therm...have you compared those to actual thermometers? Def hoping everything turns out as ordered. Appreciate the input

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
2%BA, 18%BB. The Deca pic is before oil was added.

I know TestE dosnt exactly need the BA, from what I have been told by a good man, but figured I had just enough to split between the 2 so figured it couldnt hurt. Did try the freezer after cooked but turned to solid gloop..guess thats because the BB didnt allow it?

BA should always be used as it's the only bacteriostatic agent in the mix. Maybe you meant test e doesn't need BB? I went with 1% BA and 15% BB for my test e. If I'm remembering correctly, I froze my powders first and then heated them for a good 10-15min to make sure it was all dissolved into solution. Did you swirl or mix the solution at all or just let it sit over the heat source?

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BA should always be used as it's the only bacteriostatic agent in the mix. Maybe you meant test e doesn't need BB? I went with 1% BA and 15% BB for my test e. If I'm remembering correctly, I froze my powders first and then heated them for a good 10-15min to make sure it was all dissolved into solution. Did you swirl or mix the solution at all or just let it sit over the heat source?

whoops...brain going faster than the fingers. Yes, I meant BB not needed. I put 2% BA, 18% BB. Is there any benefit to freezing them before melting into solutions? Yes, I swirled the mix until there was nothing visible except for clear and clear solutions, then I let it sit a bit to stay in solution, kept mixing and then took off the burner and cool down a bit before filtering.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
whoops...brain going faster than the fingers. Yes, I meant BB not needed. I put 2% BA, 18% BB. Is there any benefit to freezing them before melting into solutions? Yes, I swirled the mix until there was nothing visible except for clear and clear solutions, then I let it sit a bit to stay in solution, kept mixing and then took off the burner and cool down a bit before filtering.

When you freeze the powder beforehand it's easier to work with. So the pics were taken before or after you finished? This post says at the end you got a clear solution?

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When you freeze the powder beforehand it's easier to work with. So the pics were taken before or after you finished? This post says at the end you got a clear solution?

The powder was once I received it. The 2 pictures in the beakers (1st is Test e, 2nd is Deca), were as I was actually cooking them. I was recording the melting points being higher than what I expected. But yes, at the end, once everything had melted away and stirred, I did get a clear solution. I was just wondering if maybe it was cut with something else because majority were still clumped at 120F+

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
The powder was once I received it. The 2 pictures in the beakers (1st is Test e, 2nd is Deca), were as I was actually cooking them. I was recording the melting points being higher than what I expected. But yes, at the end, once everything had melted away and stirred, I did get a clear solution. I was just wondering if maybe it was cut with something else because majority were still clumped at 120F+

Just bc you measured the 120deg in one specific spot doesn't mean the whole solution was uniformly 120deg. Also impurities in the powder will change melting points, calibration of your thermometer, etc. If you got clear solution at the end it means you finished. Pin it, after filtering of course, and get bloods to verify it. :)

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just bc you measured the 120deg in one specific spot doesn't mean the whole solution was uniformly 120deg. Also impurities in the powder will change melting points, calibration of your thermometer, etc. If you got clear solution at the end it means you finished. Pin it, after filtering of course, and get bloods to verify it. :)

sounds good Doc. the solutions arent for me, they are for a friend who provided the cash to get the goodies and asked me to cook them for him. but ill hand them over to him and let him run them. thanks for the input! new to it all so wasnt sure about the whole temp thing. the term isnt anything fancy that i can calibrate, I just used that one and another one that both read the same, neither are too fancy. just wasnt sure if the powders may have been cut with something else, i imagine if it were clear, i still wouldnt know. lets hope all is good

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
sounds good Doc. the solutions arent for me, they are for a friend who provided the cash to get the goodies and asked me to cook them for him. but ill hand them over to him and let him run them. thanks for the input! new to it all so wasnt sure about the whole temp thing. the term isnt anything fancy that i can calibrate, I just used that one and another one that both read the same, neither are too fancy. just wasnt sure if the powders may have been cut with something else, i imagine if it were clear, i still wouldnt know. lets hope all is good

Test powder is so cheap it doesn't really make sense for the middleman to cut it. I imagine he'd either give you the real stuff (although he doesn't have much confirm over impurities and the manufacturing process of it) or give you baking powder instead. To cut it down just requires work for so little profit I don't see it happening.

jSalud

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks bud. your jeep? Im a Jeep nut.... on my 6th one.... 3 CJ7's, and 4th TJ

Same here! Got this XJ with a baby lift of 3.5 in as my commuter. Unfortunately we had to get rid of our TJ.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test powder is so cheap it doesn't really make sense for the middleman to cut it. I imagine he'd either give you the real stuff (although he doesn't have much confirm over impurities and the manufacturing process of it) or give you baking powder instead. To cut it down just requires work for so little profit I don't see it happening.

thats what I was thinking as well. Didnt really make much sense. If it were a more expensive product then maybe. hope so

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Same here! Got this XJ with a baby lift of 3.5 in as my commuter. Unfortunately we had to get rid of our TJ.

nice. all mine have had 3-5inc lifts with 33's. want to put some 35s on a 4 door but need some more money!

inhuman88

Reaction score

This exactly..only sure way to tell is through blood work. I remember the first couple times I got Raws I was all sketched out about being burned. Ended up getting bloods and it can back great, and I had the same issue where my powders were melting at off temps. I even had one batch of test p look different than another batch, but both were good

Reaction score
Most likely its cut unless you get it direct its been cut. my last mass spec purity was only 25% pure so I'm sure its been cut all the raws are coming out of China like that...

inhuman88

Reaction score
Most likely its cut unless you get it direct its been cut. my last mass spec purity was only 25% pure so I'm sure its been cut all the raws are coming out of China like that...

I Disagree. It is very possible to get Raws 90%+ pure out of China still