Questions for Standard Meet Attire

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So, a local gym is holding a Powerlifting Meet in a couple weeks and it's only about 25 miles from my house. I figured "what the hell" I'm around with nothing going on that weekend and it's only $25 for each lift or $70 to do all 3. So I'll throw down 25 bucks and rock the Bench. They say it's not associated with any federation, but "Standard meet attire rules apply for both equipped and raw lifters". What the hell does that mean? I plan on rolling in with a Jungle Rot t-shirt, shorts, and my headphones. Can I wear wrist wraps? I called the meet registration number and some lady answered and knew nothing at all. I emailed the event and haven't heard back yet. Just curious is all. Also, is it standard to jump from 242 to 275 in weight classes. That blows for a dude thats 255-260.lol

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can wear wrist wraps, knee wraps and a belt. My fed calls it raw modern.

If your gonna do it why not squat and pull?

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
my fed for raw requires/allows - singlet, long socks/belt, knee wraps, wrist wraps. go full power dude. you'll enjoy it.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just roll up in a tight ass speedo and half shirt. Show them you mean business brother!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You might need a singlet but in an unsanctioned meet maybe not.

Wrist wraps yes.

Night before and all that morning eat beef jerky and salt and vinegar chips and chug 2 gallons of water. You will gain at least 15 pounds and the bloated gut will reduce your ROM on bench.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Osteoarthritic right knee makes squatting any decent amount of weight excruciating. And my hands are probably in worse shape than my knee. Too many years of being abused and doing stupid shit. Plus, I'm old. I can't pull without straps. So....that leaves benching. It will be fun though. I guess I have to go weigh in the night before, like a fight lol. I'm really hoping they let me rock my own tunes, man. Jungle Rot brings out the serial killer in me. Thanks fellas.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Beef jerky and salt n vinegar chips you say? That sounds freakin awesome! I'll just buy the cheapest singlet I can find online. I'll get a white one and draw shit all over it. What's the deal with long socks? Is that just for deadlifting?

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

A person is not a Powerlifter until they do a full meet as a Powerlifter competes in the Squat, Bench and Deadlift.

A person that benches only is called a Bench Only not a Powerlifter.

Usually only a Powerlifter will do a Push / Pull.

Your Powerlifts are the Squat and Deadlift.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
A person is not a Powerlifter until they do a full meet as a Powerlifter competes in the Squat, Bench and Deadlift.

A person that benches only is called a Bench Only not a Powerlifter.

Usually only a Powerlifter will do a Push / Pull.

Your Powerlifts are the Squat and Deadlift.

What about a guy that benches AND curls?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Beef jerky and salt n vinegar chips you say? That sounds freakin awesome! I'll just buy the cheapest singlet I can find online. I'll get a white one and draw shit all over it. What's the deal with long socks? Is that just for deadlifting?

Yeah the socks are for sanitary reasons. Keeps the blood off the bar. You won't need them.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah the socks are for sanitary reasons. Keeps the blood off the bar. You won't need them.

I prefer to leave some DNA on the bar....but people like UHC are afraid I have the AIDS :)

Assasin, I think you should wear a singlet, even if you're the only guy there wearing one. Don't forget the cucumber.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Assassin,
If the bench is all you can do, have at it! No shame in a bench only. Better than sitting on your ass watching T.V. at the old folks home.
Easy young feller! Us old fukers like the bench because everything else is shot. At the old folks home I'm at they only have a bench anyway. lol Us old fuk's can still push some weight ..eh..Assassin!

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
a person is not a powerlifter until they do a full meet as a powerlifter competes in the squat, bench and deadlift.

A person that benches only is called a bench only not a powerlifter.

Usually only a powerlifter will do a push / pull.

Your powerlifts are the squat and deadlift.
boooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol
i have heard this before, but if it's all we can do, i think we are powerlifters. opinions very

Last edited:

New Threads