How much bf can u lose per month?

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you are starting from (total weight and % body fat)

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And you said "max" %bf... I'm assuming there is an underlying assumption that you are also trying to maintain muscle. this will also vary by person. Some guys lose muscle easily and thus can not cut body fat quickly, BUT those guys are also usually the ones who don't retain much fat and stay lean year round with little effort. I'm the opposite, my body wants to sit at 16% bf. I have to cut hard to 10% or lower, but muscle loss is rarely a concern

Last edited:

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Agree with Lupi. A person carrying 30+% BF can lose far more fat per month than someone already at 10% looking to cut to 5-6% for a show.

fourtotheflush

Reaction score
Max bf% u can lose a month. :beaten:

What are you trying to accomplish?
in another thread you were looking to put on weight.

Are you looking to transform?

--Im just asking the questions?

The Vets (the Doctors too!).. here are great for having good and fair answers if you ask them the right questions.

woodswise

Reaction score
In my experience, when I am losing naturally (without fat loss chemicals) by getting my diet spot on, and am getting plenty of exercise, at higher BF% I was able to lose 2 lbs of weight per week which translated into about 4 to 5 lbs of fat and a few lbs of muscle per month, on average.

Now that I am at a lower %bf, I am losing about 1 lb of weight per week, and I think my muscle loss has slowed while I am still losing fat so I would guess I am losing maybe 3 lbs of fat per month on average now. I might be able to push that harder, but I am afraid I might lose more muscle and not much more fat.

Last edited:

TheBlob

Elite
Reaction score
If your 20% plus my friend you can lose about 1% a week

New Threads