How do you make peace with someone who broke all trust?

Reaction score
All you have is your word to live by or so I have believed that my whole life. I'm angry and hurt. I just want to find my inner peace again and move on. Everything I think about now just seems like it was all a huge lie. I try not to dwell on shit but I can't shake this like I hoped.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Time cures almost everything. Some things can't be turned around like if your best friend banged your wife. Something's are worth not forgiving. I wear my heart on my sleeve and if you break this trust them tough shit for you.

There was a time when a mans handshake meant his word. Now adays that slowly went away.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're having a hell of a week, Billy. Hang in there.

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Time cures almost everything. Some things can't be turned around like if your best friend banged your wife. Something's are worth not forgiving. I wear my heart on my sleeve and if you break this trust them tough shit for you.

There was a time when a mans handshake meant his word. Now adays that slowly went away.

I hear that!

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The key to moving on is letting go; or so I've been told.

Good luck Billy

Reaction score
Grind trust me I'm over it, I just can't believe they said they loved me so much just to find them shacked with their ex so quickly. I'm the idiot for trying to see them and profess my love. I'll never do that again in my life. So much for love

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
Bro sometimes we dive in head first with the best intentions (on both ends) and it just doesn't work out. That's life my man, live and learn. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Best wishes

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Grind trust me I'm over it, I just can't believe they said they loved me so much just to find them shacked with their ex so quickly. I'm the idiot for trying to see them and profess my love. I'll never do that again in my life. So much for love

Jesus christ, you need to get a grip. People lie, it's normal. You trust them, you get burned, that's normal too. It's not the end of the world. Eventually as a man you will have people who depend on you, what happens when you get your heart broken and you have kids to feed? You better learn to block that shit out and keep on trucking. You got shit to do, mouths to feed, gainz to make, no time for dwelling on some broad who chose someone else. Worse shit can and will happen, find comfort in that.

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
Forgive and put it in the past. Be cautious in the future but don't let it keep you from trusting anyone else. move on brother. 2cents.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
u dont..once trust is broken its over

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lupi has it right and so does Bundy. All people lie, once Trust is broken it can never truly be restored. Your word should be your bond choose carefully who you give your word to. Sometimes emotions can overwhelm your judgement. Chalk this up as a lesson and make a commitment to yourself to choose more wisely next time. Time will go by and you will look back on this and wonder why you were surprised or why it got to you so much.

Reaction score
Trust is something that is earned. It is not automatic; it comes gradually with mutual experience over time. When it is betrayed there will be pain because of the rejection; however, don't let it fester. Give yourself a bit of time to grieve then set it aside to be revisited in the fullness of time. You will return to good emotional health and complete the recovery from your bad experience.

Reaction score
well if you want this person in your life still. just don't have a relationship that requires great trust in that person. if that's possible. if it's your mom or dad that makes it tough. if it was a g/f or b/f cutting ties always works out in the end

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Go get some pussy and forget about it. Or just keep ****ing her on the side. Make the best of it.

mickems

Elite
Reaction score
it is true that everyone lies and is deceitful. some more than others. we are human and flawed. we seek to please ourselves more than others. so knowing and accepting that ,we cant just cut people off because then we would have to live our lives with only ourselves. and if we hold people to a standard like " they broke my trust or they hurt me so I'm done with them". wouldn't we have to hate ourselves because we do the same stuff to others at some point of our lives. also it seems to me that people generally offend or hurt the people closest to them or the ones they love the most. ever take time to think about how many times family members have pissed you off because they offended or hurt you or betrayed your trust? imo it takes a more secure and bigger man to forgive and let it go than getting a prissy little attitude and cutting people off and out of our lives because we don't want to face the problem head on and resolve. running is not a solution to anything. except when dealing w/ LE

Reaction score
I agree with the majority of the above posts time heals everything, as the days pass u will think less and less about her, it's hard to forget the past tho, I know I've been there. Memories bring back feelings which bring out emotion which can hit you like a ten ton brick sometimes. Only advise I can give u is something that helped me long ago, a short little statement " I'm responsible for my happiness!!!" Just think about what that means.

Good luck to u brother

Reaction score
All you have is your word to live by or so I have believed that my whole life. I'm angry and hurt. I just want to find my inner peace again and move on. Everything I think about now just seems like it was all a huge lie. I try not to dwell on shit but I can't shake this like I hoped.

Not only our word do we live by my friend but or actions. Were human, born sinners. Sounds like your holding resentments. You have to let it go or the hate will consume you. No matter how much someone did you wrong you have to forgive. Doesn't mean you have to be close with them anymore but forgive them and pray for them asking God or a (God of your understanding) to help them out.

New Threads