Ugbb needs a slogan

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is a great idea, everyone here has fun and shares ideas on the topics we are interested in. Its one of those things you either get it or you don't. However, in order to really grow you need more than a slogan.

Speaking from a sales prospective ONLY, in order to come up with a slogan you first have to have a "mission statement" and your slogan should/could be a shorter catchier version of that. I suppose one could serve as the other for our purposes.

A mission statement is the key to separating yourself in most market places and then staying true to that statement. For the new guys/gals that show up here that maybe don't quite fit in (yet) or know if they want to stay here or go somewhere else, there needs to be a clear mission statement that profoundly states who we are and what we represent first... then you go with the slogans.

Our UG guys that have stood the test of time here get it (UGBs ideals) and its sort of an unspoken thing. Truth is, with this much traffic your seeing, implementing a mission statement first then a slogan would attract a more valuable, lasting and contributing member. That knows what to expect, stay and contribute then, what is expected of them.

In my experience, the slogans job is to catch the eye but the mission statement and the fact that it is carried out is the key to separating yourself from the competition and building lasting relationships. I know we have one but it needs to be verbalized and placed in plain site so we don't loose the value of the slogan.

Once you get catch them with the slogan there has to be a mission statement and should be one of the first things they see.

AlphaD this is your wheel house.

Last edited:

shenky

Reaction score
"Tillacle, TNE and pop tarts. We got you covered"

nightster

Elite
Reaction score
UGBB- Sharing knowledge to make sure your gains don't eroid.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
On a serious note Pillar, are you looking for something Google friendly, as in no AAS references?
I think that would be best but I think mets kinda found a good one that sort of hints at it.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Slogan Example:
"Your going to like the way you look, I guarantee it"-Mens Wearhouse founder

Mission Statement (on a plaque at the entrance of most every franchise store so employees and customers know what they are about)
"Our mission at the Men's Wearhouse is to maximize sales, provide value to our customers, and give quality customer service while having fun and maintaining our values. These values include nurturing creativity, growing together, admitting to our mistakes, promoting a happy, healthy lifestyle, enhancing our sense of community, and striving to become self-actualized people."

The two combined are a powerful tool and part of the success of this company. One with out the other is not nearly as effective.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is a great idea, everyone here has fun and shares ideas on the topics we are interested in. Its one of those things you either get it or you don't. However, in order to really grow you need more than a slogan.

Speaking from a sales prospective ONLY, in order to come up with a slogan you first have to have a "mission statement" and your slogan should/could be a shorter catchier version of that. I suppose one could serve as the other for our purposes.

A mission statement is the key to separating yourself in most market places and then staying true to that statement. For the new guys/gals that show up here that maybe don't quite fit in (yet) or know if they want to stay here or go somewhere else, there needs to be a clear mission statement that profoundly states who we are and what we represent first... then you go with the slogans.

Our UG guys that have stood the test of time here get it (UGBs ideals) and its sort of an unspoken thing. Truth is, with this much traffic your seeing, implementing a mission statement first then a slogan would attract a more valuable, lasting and contributing member. That knows what to expect, stay and contribute then, what is expected of them.

In my experience, the slogans job is to catch the eye but the mission statement and the fact that it is carried out is the key to separating yourself from the competition and building lasting relationships. I know we have one but it needs to be verbalized and placed in plain site so we don't loose the value of the slogan.

Once you get catch them with the slogan there has to be a mission statement and should be one of the first things they see.

AlphaD this is your wheel house.

I agree. I have created mission statemens, slogans and brands for two of my own companies. I will give it some serious thought.

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UG! And here's to you, SUCKING MY DICK! OH!
Little bit of Dice man for ya...
!SHRUGS!

New Threads