Does testosterone help with losing fat?

Reaction score
Does the increase of testosterone from taking test help in losing fat. Like let's say doing heavy cardio which can cause muscle loss as well as fat loss. Would someone lose a lot less muscle using and lose mostly fat?

Reaction score
If you are injecting test ur going to gain muscle and strength. Depending on how much bodyfat u have will tell how much fat to muscle u will lose. U can do cardio in the morning fasted and ur body will go straight to the fat for energy. U can also do cardio after ur weight workout as well. U may lose some muscle while doing cardio but like i always say, u cant have the best of both worlds. Ur either big with a little fat or ur shreded and a kittle smaller with no fat. Being ripped up though gives the illusion that u look bigger.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test helps build muscle which helps aid fat loss....
That's more long term though. And most beginners don't think that way. I am sure the op means will running a cycle of test cut him up asap.

The answer is not really no.

Reaction score
Yea pillar of balance is right just running test isnt going to cut u up. For one wat is ur bf% that is wat we need to know. For two if ur bf% is higher then 15% then i suggest u get it lower then thst before u start any steriod or cycle.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
1lb of muscle burns approximately 6cal/lb/day. So if you increase your skeletal muscle mass, not just LBM, by 20lbs that's still only a 120cal added expenditure....not much.

Yes test will burn some fat and help prevent muscle loss but it won't burn fat to a clinically significant degree meaning you may lose some fat but not enough to notice a difference really. It will help prevent muscle loss though pretty effectively even during periods of aggressive calorie deficits. If you want to lose fat and maintain your muscle mass you will need to eat less calories than you burn and ensure you're getting an adequate protein intake. You can do cardio to help increase your calorie expenditure but don't be fooled by the fasted cardio or fat burning zone myths, they're just that. My personal preference for cardio is using a push sled but anything you do consistently will do. Good luck

Reaction score
While we are killing off cardio myths in this thread we can also put fasted cardio among that one. Doing cardio on empty of full stomach relates zero to fat burned.

shenky

Reaction score
Does the increase of tosterone from taking test help in losing fat. Like let's say doing heavy cardio which can cause muscle loss as well as fat loss. Would someone lose a lot less muscle using and lose mostly fat?

yes.

However, I highly recommend not running your first cycle for your first time whilst you are a high BF percentage and/or are unfamiliar with cutting and losing fat naturally. You'd be shorting yourself on potential results, but running the same risks.

I was a fat kid until 16 y/o. I know the struggle and desperation is real. However, the reality is simply that you don't need testosterone to lose fat. My girlfriend, for instance, has lost nearly 50 pounds since I met her 6 months ago and I can tell you second hand that she did it MOSTLY be diet alone. She works out, but not 50 pounds works out. She works out "in the kitchen", so to speak.

also, dog, you mentioned heavy cardio. Cardio is good. It's great. It works, but sometimes people burn a lot of calories and don't make up for it with food. It's counterintuitive, but it's possible you are not eating enough also. For example, my jiu-jitsu buddy asked me why he wasn't losing wieght despite decreasing calories and training everyday. He told me his diet, I said, "woah dude, add like, 600-800 calories, crazy". 3 weeks later he cant stop thanking me because he's magically shedding fat.

What does your diet and exercise regiment look like?

Last edited:

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
While we are killing off cardio myths in this thread we can also put fasted cardio among that one. Doing cardio on empty of full stomach relates zero to fat burned.

Incorrect..

If your relatively lean to begin with (below 10-12%bf) then fasted cardio does have its advantages to allow your body to access the more stubborn fat stores.This is because when your fasted, insulin levels are rock bottom, making it easier for your to actually get the fat out of the cells.
Of course all this can be made more effective with the use of an alpha receptor agonist such as yohimbe before the session.

Basically, fasted cardio has no addittional benefits for most people - but it does have uts place for the very lean, especially for those in contest prep mode.

Reaction score
True u can do all the cardio u want, but if ur not adjusting ur diet, ur just wasting time with cardio

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Incorrect..

If your relatively lean to begin with (below 10-12%bf) then fasted cardio does have its advantages to allow your body to access the more stubborn fat stores.This is because when your fasted, insulin levels are rock bottom, making it easier for your to actually get the fat out of the cells.
Of course all this can be made more effective with the use of an alpha receptor agonist such as yohimbe before the session.

Basically, fasted cardio has no addittional benefits for most people - but it does have uts place for the very lean, especially for those in contest prep mode.
Yohimbine is an antagonist* in alpha2 receptors, which is what I believe you're referring to with regards to far storage.

Get Some

Reaction score
You will lose fat without adjusting your diet at all just through the fact that you are building muscle.... however, as POB said, "losing fat" and getting "shredded" are entirely different things. There needs to be an addendum to your original post explaining what goal you have so you do not get blanket statement type answers. The general rule of thumb is that if someone can answer your question with a single word or short sentence, then it is either a poorly formed question or was not thought about in enough detail to warrant a detailed explanation.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's more long term though. And most beginners don't think that way. I am sure the op means will running a cycle of test cut him up asap.

The answer is not really no.
Agreed. Unless in a calorie deficit you will not lose any significant amount of fat. But when eating above "maintenance" calories it's much easier to stay lean because you can utilize more calories as you recover faster. Also the added strength and energy in the gym will help. Again these are more long term benefits, so don't expect to drop a couple inches off your waist on your first 12wk cycle of test.

Also keeping estrogen in check is big.. you let that get out of range on the high side and fat will stick to you

....oh and fcck fasted cardio... unless you're stepping on stage and you're trying to burn your last lb of fat while activating the least amount of muscle possible so you don't go catabolic while in a severe calorie deficit it's useless... IMHO

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Yohimbine is an antagonist* in alpha2 receptors, which is what I believe you're referring to with regards to far storage.

Correct :)

I also agree with you about fasted cardio being unnecessary for the majority of people. I was simply stating that it has benefits vs non-fasted cardio & is NOT a myth as many seem to believe.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test does cause fat loss.

Diet is the key; gear expedites.

Using test e+TNE caused me to lose fat so quickly, that-as POB said best-it "defied conventional wisdom".

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test helps build muscle which helps aid fat loss....

Does no one understand physiology and AAS?

TEST AND ALL OTHER AAS INCREASES LIPOLYSIS.

Lipolysis=THE PROCESS OF METABOLIZING ADIPOSE TISSUE.

YOU WILL LOSE FAT ON ALL AAS. DIET CONTROLS THE DEGREE OF FAT LOSS WITH GEAR.

TheBlob

Elite
Reaction score
Hulksmash said it all I think... And as far as calories peoples bodies are different bro I gotta drop to sub 2000 cal to drop bodyfat,,, conversely on cycle ive eaten 4000 cal and not gained fat true story.

Reaction score
Incorrect..

Feel free to backup that statement with science. Maybe I missed something on Google Scholar and I am always happy to learn more. What I know, and what is backed by science, is that a recent study of muslim men during ramadan noted no difference in fat loss from fasted cardio. But, as I said, if you have other science I am all ears.

New Threads