Brock Lesnar Workout Routine..

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Lesnar has done 100's of different types of programs for his different sports over the years. When he was trying out for the Vikings in 2004 he was 285 lbs and said he was benching 495 and squatting 675 in an interview at the time. The Vikings measured his bodyfat at 9% in training camp. I guarantee he didn't get that strong on the Smith Machine.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lesnars a beast..great wrestler too...frank mirrrr

Last edited:
Reaction score
I HATE upright rows on a smith! wouldn't do ...ever

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar is a full blooded mammal...

The guy tosses enormous wrestlers around like its nothing

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lesnars a beast..great wrestler too...frank mirrrr

LOL@ Mirrrrr :)

image_2.jpeg

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar is a full blooded mammal...

The guy tosses enormous wrestlers around like its nothing

No shit Yaya. I think it was Stone Cold who said in an interview "there may be wrestlers who lift more in the weight room, but there is no one in pro wrestling with more raw power than Lesnar." He's got that crazy strength you can't get lifting weights. I remember him scooping up The Big Show and walking around with him on his shoulders. Insane.

Reaction score
No shit Yaya. I think it was Stone Cold who said in an interview "there may be wrestlers who lift more in the weight room, but there is no one in pro wrestling with more raw power than Lesnar." He's got that crazy strength you can't get lifting weights. I remember him scooping up The Big Show and walking around with him on his shoulders. Insane.

You can't fake walking around with the big show on your shoulders lol

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He's a big dude. Saw him in Vegas a few years ago. I was polite.....

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
that goes back to the old if your big n strong dont mean u can fight.I thought he was ok for a guy who cant punch.He did fuk up a few heads
So true Bundy. Big, bulky, overly muscular physiques are not good for fighting. Huge guys have no hand speed, no snap on their punches, no side to side movement and no linear strength. That's why great heavyweight boxers are usually tall and rangy.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
God he sucked in the UFC

I wouldn't go that far... He wasn't great but was certainly good..

He beat Randy Couture, dropped his ass in the 2nd.. yea Randy was older and smaller but still taking a seasoned vet like Randy and beating his ass isn't easy.

destroyed Frank Mir after losing to him, at the time Mir was looked at as a great heavyweight.

Dominated Heath Herring, Heath was never a champion but certainly no bum..

Beat Shane Carwin, who is one of the hardest hitters in UFC history.. Brock survived everything Shane could dish out and still ended up checking him out for the win..

Lost to Cain who is the best heavyweight in the world... Cain beat his ass badly and Brock looked bad.

lost to a juiced up Overeem, who actually got suspended for failing the post fight urine test.

saying "he sucked in the UFC" isn't true at all..

He didn't take a punch well but for a guy with 2 years of MMA experience and entering the world's best organization and winning the heavyweight title .. I would say he was pretty fukking good! Again Not great, but good and was a success

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah... he was still recovering from diverticulitis his last two fights. Still not an excuse and loss is a loss

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with YaYa on that one.

I think what Brock did in the UFC will not be duplicated again. He earned a lot of respect at least from me. He is the only "action figure" to actually step up and fight.

IMO his striking was good for what most would consider a rookie. His defense was the problem.

Fast forward to 4:48 to hear Bas comment on Brocks striking and training. (Should be noted that later Brock shed some of that mass for fighting and endurance) Still a big bad MF.

BTW holding the mits or ti pads for someone else is one of the best things you can do for your defense. Its the only time a fighter is swinging at you and your in no danger of getting hit. It allows you to do many things... like work on range, observe footwork, watch for tells in the other guys habits and most of all work on keeping our eyes open and chin down. Too much emphasis is placed on hitting the pads at most MMA gyms. Any striking coach worth his salt will not advance a student until he/she can work both sides of the drill. Don't just take my word for it ask NobleSavage or DarksideSix.

BTW that strength he got was from wrestling at a young age and working his core. This window cannot be captured later even with juice. All wrestlers are retard strong add weights and juice + talent and you've got a dangerous person.

I do think Jenner could beat his ass though.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will put my money on it that we see lesnar come back to the UFC... Dana is obviously interested and after Brock's wwe contract is up I'm sure we will see it... His wwe contract is up in early 2015...

Do I think brock will dominate? No!! The heavyweight division is in bad shape right now and brock is a draw and makes the company a lot of $$..

He will Probably get a title shot and lose again to Cain, or whoever the champ is.. IMO he couldn't beat the top 4 heavy weights in the UFC..

But u never know, I originally thought he would get manhandled in the UFC by Mir during his first fight and we know that wasn't the case

New Threads