Fueling the cube Predator

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Indeed it is. I wasn't saying it was impossible... I'm just secretly jealous of guys who can bulk on low cals :(

You shouldn't be. At least I don't think so. Needing more calories leaves room for snacks! Ice cream and peanut butter cups!
I like to eat.

Seriously though I get it. I was always shocked to hear guys doing 4k+ a day I always thought I'd be fat as **** at 4k a day.
I may have to try it and see what happens since winter is on the horizon.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
You shouldn't be. At least I don't think so. Needing more calories leaves room for snacks! Ice cream and peanut butter cups!
I like to eat.

Seriously though I get it. I was always shocked to hear guys doing 4k+ a day I always thought I'd be fat as **** at 4k a day.

Last year on cycle I needed 4500cals to gain weight. 29yo 5'10" and 205lbs at the time. I have a high NEAT due to my job so I need to eat a lot to gain. If it weren't for my job I'd probably have gained at 3300cals or so.

CptFKNplanet

Elite
Reaction score
I like to eat.

Lol I like to eat too, sometimes it just gets old shoveling all that food down not to mention the food bill when you start getting over 4k. I also cut on pretty low calories though, so I guess that's my trade-off. You'd think bulk high, cut high but for whatever reason it doesn't work like that for me.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Last year on cycle I needed 4500cals to gain weight. 29yo 5'10" and 205lbs at the time. I have a high NEAT due to my job so I need to eat a lot to gain. If it weren't for my job I'd probably have gained at 3300cals or so.
Ok, I was following this thread pretty closely I believe, but you lost me at NEAT Doc, sounds like my job...I think.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Ok, I was following this thread pretty closely I believe, but you lost me at NEAT Doc, sounds like my job...I think.

Non Exercise Associated Thermogenesis - basically it's a measure of calories burned outside of exercise, eating, and sleeping

Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT).

Authors
Levine JA.
Journal
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Dec;16(4):679-702.
Affiliation
Abstract
Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) is the energy expended for everything we do that is not sleeping, eating or sports-like exercise. It ranges from the energy expended walking to work, typing, performing yard work, undertaking agricultural tasks and fidgeting. Even trivial physical activities increase metabolic rate substantially and it is the cumulative impact of a multitude of exothermic actions that culminate in an individual's daily NEAT. It is, therefore, not surprising that NEAT explains a vast majority of an individual's non-resting energy needs. Epidemiological studies highlight the importance of culture in promoting and quashing NEAT. Agricultural and manual workers have high NEAT, whereas wealth and industrialization appear to decrease NEAT. Physiological studies demonstrate, intriguingly, that NEAT is modulated with changes in energy balance; NEAT increases with overfeeding and decreases with underfeeding. Thus, NEAT could be a critical component in how we maintain our body weight and/or develop obesity or lose weight. The mechanism that regulates NEAT is unknown. However, hypothalamic factors have been identified that specifically and directly increase NEAT in animals. By understanding how NEAT is regulated we may come to appreciate that spontaneous physical activity is not spontaneous at all but carefully programmed.

New Threads