What is the best protein powder?

kingblasted

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have gone through several different proteins now, combat, gold standard, lean-mass gainer, serious mass, arnie mass/whey, and jym. I have been doing some research on amino spiking in protein and am wondering what you think is the best protein powder? So far Jym protein powder looks promising, but is expensive.... So before just buying anything and giving into the advertising, I'm curious to hear what your opinions are on this. Is Jym really that promising or is good old fashioned whey the same thing?

kingblasted

Reaction score
i eat 3 solid meals and drinks 3 shakes a day, all within 3 hours of each other(usually). I understand eating solids>protein drinks, but when i'm in a rush for class/work i don't have time to cook or eat a solid meal. Also i make my shakes with2 oz heavy whipping cream, whole milk, 1/4 cup oats, 1 banana.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Truenutrition.Com

Get the cold filtered isowhey.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with one shake after the gym for some quick protein and whatever else you add to it But 3 shakes a day?

notdorianyates

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have gone through several different proteins now, combat, gold standard, lean-mass gainer, serious mass, arnie mass/whey, and jym. I have been doing some research on amino spiking in protein and am wondering what you think is the best protein powder? So far Jym protein powder looks promising, but is expensive.... So before just buying anything and giving into the advertising, I'm curious to hear what your opinions are on this. Is Jym really that promising or is good old fashioned whey the same thing?
n
If you're uk, ROI, check out myprotein mate.

woodswise

Reaction score
While dieting on a keto diet, I use whey protein to keep me full in between meals. I like One Body Nutrition whey protein, because it tastes great! I would never use whey protein while bulking, except maybe as a during or immediately post workout shake, because whole foods are so much better for you.

And that's why Pillar doesn't believe in whey protein . . . because he is in permabulk mode! (also known as permabeast mode).

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Casein (or complete milk protein - 80% casein 20% whey) helps with catabolism more than any other protein. This before long workouts, "fasted" cardio sessions, times when you can't get a meal in for 4+ hours, or bed.

I'm not as much of a fan of whey anymore bc high Leucine BCAA will spike muscle protein synthesis during and directly after intense lifting days just like whey, but does it faster. Also when you add in BCAA it truly is a supplement i.e. no affect on your macros or any part of your actual diet - I'm also not a fan of making protein shakes any kind of meal replacement or staple in a diet. 3 shakes a day is no accident, if you plan out your shakes you can plan out a quick meal that has already been made ahead of time (we call it meal prep).

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
have one tub of Trutein always in the house. Usually mix it with some oatmeal in the am.

notdorianyates

Reaction score
Yes I take a casein shake about 7 am and then one about 9 pm. Gets me through when I can't escape the classroom to eat (damn kids!)

Reaction score
I take a high cal high protein shake made with skim milk right after workout then eat a meal bout 11/2 later. Also I take a casein shake right before bed.

kingblasted

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the positive/negative/sarcastic responses guys, they have helped me decide to update my diet plan. I will now be eating 4-5 solid meals (i guess I'll have to "meal prep") since i am trying to bulk, and will keep the shakes to a minimum and only when I am too busy to cook/etc. An example of this diet would be as follows.

7a.m. 3 whole eggs, 1 1/2c steel cut oats, 1 bananna
10a.m. 1 scoop protein
1p.m. 8 oz. grass-fed beef, 2c. brown rice
4p.m.2 scoop protein
7p.m. 10 oz chicken, 2c. potatoes, 2c. spinach
10p.m. 5o.z. salmon, 1c. brown rice

any and all advice/critique is appreciated, thanks!

notdorianyates

Reaction score
Try and add a scoop of oats to your shakes, good calories but most important arguably helps the absorbtion of the protein in the shake.some research suggests that protein shakes are ineffective as much of it passes through the digestive tract without much of it becoming available.

notdorianyates

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the positive/negative/sarcastic responses guys, they have helped me decide to update my diet plan. I will now be eating 4-5 solid meals (i guess I'll have to "meal prep") since i am trying to bulk, and will keep the shakes to a minimum and only when I am too busy to cook/etc. An example of this diet would be as follows.

7a.m. 3 whole eggs, 1 1/2c steel cut oats, 1 bananna
10a.m. 1 scoop protein
1p.m. 8 oz. grass-fed beef, 2c. brown rice
4p.m.2 scoop protein
7p.m. 10 oz chicken, 2c. potatoes, 2c. spinach
10p.m. 5o.z. salmon, 1c. brown rice

any and all advice/critique is appreciated, thanks!

Plus you'll have big gaps in your day without carbs mate.

New Threads