99.9% of IGF and analogues on the market is useless

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
Further to a chat I had with MM in the catbox today, here a post by Moppy on another board about the bioavailability of the IGF and IGF analogues sold by peptides companies.

I found this post highly interesting and since a peps company is a sponsor of the board where it was posted, the thread got killed quickly.
It is too scientific for my understanding so I hope people with the knowledge will chime in.

Thread: IGF-1 and analogues wont work if chemically synthesized

"Just wanted to start a discussion about an issue related to efficacy of IGF-1 and related analogs such as Des, LR3, etc. There are hundreds of threads here about IGF-1 giving good gains, especially when used with GH. However, most of us are purchasing IGF-1-LR3 from peptide synthesis companies. However, chemical synthesis of IGF-1 completely lacks the correct disulfide bonds that impart the proper folding of the protein for its activity. IGF-1 and its analogs all require 3 disulfide bonds to generate the correct folded form of the protein, and this can only be accomplished in the body as naturally produced, or in E.coli as a recombinant source, just like how GH is made (recombinantly). Insulin is very similar in structure to IGF-1 and it also is completely inactive if synthesized chemically, it also has to be made recombinantly or extracted from a biologic source (people used to use bovine Insulin before recombinant sources). Recombinant means it is made in bacteria, which have enzymes to create these intramolecular disulfide bonds so the protein folds into the right configuration. All human clinical trials or current treatment of patients in the clinic is performed with recombinant IGF-1 or the LR3 isoform. The synthesized peptide version will have 0 biologic activity. There are countless references in the scientific literature to this effect. Here is one for example:

Role of native disulfide bonds in the structure... [Biochemistry. 1993] - PubMed - NCBI

Thus, IGF-1 does work, but you have to use the recombinant form, which is 10X more expensive compared with chemically synthesized forms. What I find amusing are all the past threads claiming how great IGF-1 LR3 worked for bros, especially in combination with GH, but best I can surmise most were using the version of IGF-1 LR3 from chemical synthesis, which has 0 biologic activity, regardless of dosage.

I would love it if someone could prove me wrong here and show data that the chemically synthesized versions of IGF-1 have biologic activity. Because I would definitely love to purchase the synthesized versions as they are so much more reasonably priced compared with recombinant (in fact, it is nearly impossible to get the recombinant version of IGF-1). Feed back please...."

To a question about the disulphide bonds, Moppy further answered:

"Extensive biochemistry on insulin production paved the way, because of the overwhelming demand for it to treat diabetes. Insulin has 0 activity if chemically synthesized, has to be generated by bacteria (recombinant). The bacteria are optimized to make the correct disulfied bonds to pull the peptide structure together so it makes the proper conformation to bind the receptor. Same thing is exactly true for IGF-1. GH also has to be recombinant."

To a question about if the basic insulin is recombinant:

"Yes, insulin is all recombinant. Has to be or it wont work, unless extracted from a biologic source. But recombinant insulin is crazy cheap cause it is no longer on patent and there are dozens of companies that make it in industrial size fermentors. IGF-1 is much harder to produce correctly when made recombinantly, and only 2 companies hold the patent rights for all medical treatments with the legitimate stuff. The only source you can trust is from a protein production company, like Genetech or Amgen or GroPep or similar. Peptide companies are selling you chemically synthesized IGF-1, and it will have NO BIOLOGIC ACTIVITY! Even the slightly more expensive stuff sold as media grade IGF-1 LR3 is bunk. I dont want to say to much, but I work in the profession, everything I have told you is a certainty."

To someone arguing that he was seeing results with his IGF:

"Well, maybe you got some recombinant IGF-1 LR3 made in E.coli. The best rate for which i could find for industrial or university endeavors, unless from China, is between $300-600 for 1 mg (see links below). That is very expensive! All the peptide companies are selling it for around $60 for 1mg, and this is the stuff that cannot possibly be effective.

Last edited:

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
interesting....want to see where this goes

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thats why I only buy igetropin from hygene (obviously you cant buy it directly from them lol). A few docs have told me the only real igf being produced in the states are being made in research facilities like big college research facilities. The igf from peptide companies are no doubt fake. This is just what the docs have told me so who knows if they actually know but based on this thread it sounds like they do.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can comment on IGF from peptides companies. I can comment on gh ~ rips, tevtropin, and seros. I have take each for some period over time over the past 3 years. All 3 increased my blood serum IGF-1 factor over 300.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How did you run the test on the igf and the gh brother...dosages and timing?

Reaction score
Definetly an interesting read. I do see recombinant IGF-1 on a few lists and he's right, usually about 4 times the cost of the stuff peptide companies sell. Also comes in 10x100 mcg vials and not the usual 1x1mg vial. Maybe this difference is why most guys are using 50-100mcgs daily and guys like Poliquin are advocating that 20 mcg's is all you should need.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I can comment on IGF from peptides companies. I can comment on gh ~ rips, tevtropin, and seros. I have take each for some period over time over the past 3 years. All 3 increased my blood serum IGF-1 factor over 300.

The issue Moppy is talking about is that although the IGF peptides being produced by RC companies is real IGF, they're made synthetically instead of recombinantly. Either will show up on blood tests but only the latter will actually have any biological activity bc the synthetically made stuff doesn't have he right disulfide bonds.

T

TriniJuice

Dammit doc; i wanna do some Hannibal lecter shxt with your brain.....I'd use adobo

Reaction score
Very nice article Lei. I'm glad you pulled this up when we were talking about that. I understand completely what you meant now lol

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Peptides sell IGF-lr3 is suppose to be different than IGF (the one thats great for growth). I've read a few places stating some company has a paten or something on the real IGF and is another reason why it's rear. Thought I saw a post here or another forum how they recently put out a lot# to real research labs for researching. It was either IGF or something similar, can't recall the name/spelling

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Definetly an interesting read. I do see recombinant IGF-1 on a few lists and he's right, usually about 4 times the cost of the stuff peptide companies sell. Also comes in 10x100 mcg vials and not the usual 1x1mg vial. Maybe this difference is why most guys are using 50-100mcgs daily and guys like Poliquin are advocating that 20 mcg's is all you should need.

has anyone used this stuff for any length of time...???

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
has anyone used this stuff for any length of time...???

I will be for 7 months...but thats future tense brother lol

I read alot of shit about it causing tumor growth to acclerate and it also binds to cancerous cells and can accelerate the disease. This is all true igf-1 though not the peptide shit

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As I've used all sorts of RC LR3, I'd like to try what your going to be using.

If results are there. What type of dose do u plan.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like the guy stated above these come in 100mcg per vial. They are called igetropins. Recumbant igf. Right now I plan on running them at 100mcg per day on the weeks that im not running insulin. The igf works well running it with growth hormone. I plan on testing these just to make sure they are legit.

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cobra bro what brand are you running of the IGF??? I talked with a well known pro. Who's also a good friend for years I will not name, and he's told me for years that the real deal IGF is hard as **** to get unless you really have the connects to get it.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cobra bro what brand are you running of the IGF??? I talked with a well known pro. Who's also a good friend for years I will not name, and he's told me for years that the real deal IGF is hard as **** to get unless you really have the connects to get it.

Yea brother your guy is right. At the time i was posting about these igetropins i was believing that these were real. These were not real and infact cost me over a grand in losses. This is just a fraction of how much I have lost in my igf hunt....

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i think back in 2011, early 2012 the peptide companies had decent stuff.

but thats changed in recent years. Anyone else.....???

early-mid 2011, SRC's stuff gave me light gains, fatloss. but than you had DES around too, that was a bit better than any LR3 but you needed to pin like a mofo and i didnt get too much of it because of that.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
That's a valuable post. Very interesting read. Thanks.

New Threads