SPF Ironmac Classic

Reaction score
well, just registered for my next meet.... SPF Ironman Classic, March 21 2015 in Gatlinburg TN..... this will be a GPC World Championship qualifier for the GPC/SPF World Champioships on September 12-19 2015 in Las Vegas NV.... i WILL qualify and i am going full bore for the GPC world record of 1848 @ 308/Masters 40-44.... at this moment, i will need to figure out how to add about 200 more lbs to my total by September....

anyone else planning on attending either meet?

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i am iffy got the 7 feb meet and 18 apr

Reaction score
which April 18 meet. the Beast of the Bluegrass in London KY? ill be at that one too, just not competing, unless something tragic happens at Ironman... Mickey will be qualifying for the Worlds there... we are looking to have 4-5 maybe more of the team at worlds....

Reaction score
200 pounds to your total in 9 months? If u find a way to do that let us all know please.
yeah... i added 330lbs to my total from march 2014 til november 2014.... and still left weight on the platform, in the range of 80lbs or so... i low balled my openers, and underestimated my 3rds on squat and bench. my peaking cycle went well, but didnt think it went that well, lol.

Reaction score
You sound totally clueless!

how do i sound clueless?? my program was for specific numbers for the meet, and i ended up exceeding all those number by a lot more than i could have anticipated. i have only been training for powerlifting specifically for 10 months, and this was just my 2nd meet and i was still figuring out where i was. now i have a much better idea where i am and know what i am capable of. thanks for the input though....

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
how do i sound clueless?? my program was for specific numbers for the meet, and i ended up exceeding all those number by a lot more than i could have anticipated. i have only been training for powerlifting specifically for 10 months, and this was just my 2nd meet and i was still figuring out where i was. now i have a much better idea where i am and know what i am capable of. thanks for the input though....

You are clueless if you think you can get 200lbs that fast plus 1800 plus is no cake walk.

Reaction score
You are clueless if you think you can get 200lbs that fast plus 1800 plus is no cake walk.

i know 1800 isnt a cake walk, i never said it would be, but im still going to shoot for it. otherwise why train if not to be the best?? as for the 200lbs i said i had to figure out how i would, never said i was gonna just throw it on and walk away. 200lbs will be a real challenge but i will never walk into training doubting myself. if i do i may as well go home, sit on the couch, eat ice cream and type on a forum. but instead, ill get up every day, go to my gym, bust my ass like i always do and try to achieve my goals i have set.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
i know 1800 isnt a cake walk, i never said it would be, but im still going to shoot for it. otherwise why train if not to be the best?? as for the 200lbs i said i had to figure out how i would, never said i was gonna just throw it on and walk away. 200lbs will be a real challenge but i will never walk into training doubting myself. if i do i may as well go home, sit on the couch, eat ice cream and type on a forum. but instead, ill get up every day, go to my gym, bust my ass like i always do and try to achieve my goals i have set.

Your attitude is good or expectations are off.

Yes you can do it but it will take a long time.

Now knock it off before you piss me off I am in no mood for this shit, your new to the sport I have been in it since 2008 and I don't wanna hear bullshit expectations all it does it set up disappointment and injuries. It's a marathon so give it time and it will come even if it takes 2 years.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
You've only done 10 months of PLing training and that's why u got such good results. Newbie gains. I'm going thru that also. When u hit your true maxes, which u probably have by now, adding 5 pounds to those true maxes will be tough.

Good for you though man. Train hard and give it your all.

Reaction score
Your attitude is good or expectations are off.

Yes you can do it but it will take a long time.

Now knock it off before you piss me off I am in no mood for this shit, your new to the sport I have been in it since 2008 and I don't wanna hear bullshit expectations all it does it set up disappointment and injuries. It's a marathon so give it time and it will come even if it takes 2 years.

i didnt mean any disrepect, but i also didnt mean it as i have only been training for 10 months... i have a long history in the gym, since 1988 to be exact. i trained all through high school and was on what they called a powerlifting team along with 12+ years total of football. i had ok numbers as a senior 655/335/585 1575 total @ 225lbs and 17-18 years old. my squats have always been my dominant lift and my bench has always sucked. after school i backed way off due to a neck injury from football, but i was still in the gym for several years. after i got married i stop training as much, had kids, got fat... started back a few years ago just lifting and eating better to drop some unneeded weight. decided to do a meet last march and switched to a more powerlifting style training. found my body responded much better to that style, did ok at my meet, and decided to keep pushing harder. my squat came back quick, deads are decent, bench is still crap. last month did my 2nd meet, went 570/350/535 at 1455. missed my 3rd deadlift of 600 at lockout but should have had it. was about 15-20 under what i should have squatted and about 10-15 under on bench. my next meet in march im looking to put up 655/375/635 and 1665 total. i know i have that in me, so that leaves me less than 200lbs from the GPC record. i will do my damnedest to hit all of my goals, and if i dont get there then thats on me, but it sure wont be from lack of effort.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
i didnt mean any disrepect, but i also didnt mean it as i have only been training for 10 months... i have a long history in the gym, since 1988 to be exact. i trained all through high school and was on what they called a powerlifting team along with 12+ years total of football. i had ok numbers as a senior 655/335/585 1575 total @ 225lbs and 17-18 years old. my squats have always been my dominant lift and my bench has always sucked. after school i backed way off due to a neck injury from football, but i was still in the gym for several years. after i got married i stop training as much, had kids, got fat... started back a few years ago just lifting and eating better to drop some unneeded weight. decided to do a meet last march and switched to a more powerlifting style training. found my body responded much better to that style, did ok at my meet, and decided to keep pushing harder. my squat came back quick, deads are decent, bench is still crap. last month did my 2nd meet, went 570/350/535 at 1455. missed my 3rd deadlift of 600 at lockout but should have had it. was about 15-20 under what i should have squatted and about 10-15 under on bench. my next meet in march im looking to put up 655/375/635 and 1665 total. i know i have that in me, so that leaves me less than 200lbs from the GPC record. i will do my damnedest to hit all of my goals, and if i dont get there then thats on me, but it sure wont be from lack of effort.
Just work hard bro and it will come maybe not when you want it to but it will.

I know the guy that runs SPF his number is in my phone I know quit a few of the baddest mother****ers in the game and they will all tell you the same thing.

Reaction score
Just work hard bro and it will come maybe not when you want it to but it will.

I know the guy that runs SPF his number is in my phone I know quit a few of the baddest mother****ers in the game and they will all tell you the same thing.

i know him as well... numbers in my phone too, talked to him today for a while. really good guy and does a lot for our sport. he gave me a couple things too look at, one being knee wraps. the ones i currently have dont have much to offer in the way of rebound so he told me the ones he uses and what he gets from them... with even 1/2 to 2/3 what he gets out of them then i will be that much better off. ive never relied on any equipment to aid my lifting, didnt even buy my belt til my squat and deadlift both were over 500 for reps. just for instance i am at 570 or so squat with just a belt, no wraps or knee sleeves, and deads at 550 no belt. but that sad sad sad poverty bench, lmao.... i can touch 385 about 5 months ago and thats what i based my meet training off of to put me about 350 paused, figuring about a 10% loss for the pause. ive not benched heavy since the meet so im not sure where im realistically at. i know id love to get 4 wheels paused, but that is a ways down the road.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
back off boy's my fed say's break parallel just like yours does, some judges might let something slide for 1 of their boy's, i am sure your federation is no different

Reaction score
back off boy's my fed say's break parallel just like yours does, some judges might let something slide for 1 of their boy's, i am sure your federation is no different

exactly Ken.... i watch other feds and some lifters get a gracious white light, just as it happens in the SPF also from time to time. at every meet i have been to and competed in they have red light several guys for depth at each of them. over all though the lifts that are white lights are good lifts, hip crease below top of knee.