How I get a Pre-Pump

noteven

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Pete and I just turned 67 and have been lifting since I was 14. I have never done Steroids except for a brief TRT thing I went through a while back. Anyway, I happened across this method when I was trying to figure out a de-stressing routine. Too much going heavy is to taxing on my old 67 year old bod, so I was looking for a way to get a quick workout in without so much overload. As it turns out, I was getting awesome pumps in a very short amount of time. I want to share this with you guys with the hopes that some of you will try it and give me some feed back. The simplest way to explain it is with bicep curls on a machine. 1st make sure the back of your arms are sitting flush on the pad. Now, it is better to start with a weight that is to light then to heavy. You will only do 5 curls completely focusing on form. Curl quickly but smoothly, no jerking. Hold the weight at the top for 1 or 2 seconds and squeeze the bicep hard then let the weight down slowly. After the 5th rep, move the pin to the next heaviest weight and repeat exactly the same way and after 5 reps move the pin to the next heaviest weight and do 5 more then repeat again. Now you have done 20 reps with maybe 5 seconds rest between sets. Always go for perfect form and if you lose form then you are going to heavy. I have found this to be an excellent warm up that flushes my biceps with blood before I even get into my regular routine. I now apply this routine to all my muscle groups. You can take it a step further and do 2 more sets of 5 reps after your first 20, again with only 5 seconds rest for an additional burn ... if you can stand it. I prefer this to drop sets because you keep going heavier which I think stimulates growth where as drop sets, to me, burn off muscle size. This brings me to another important point ... Diminishing returns. When is just enough, enough? To much training is counter productive and how much is enough is unique to each individual. Now a days I try to leave the gym feeling like I could have done more instead of feeling exhausted. Kinda like leaving the dinner table feeling like you could eat more but you don't want to stuff yourself. BTW I chose the number 5 for two reasons. 1) it is easier to stay focused on 5 reps and 2) I don't want to exhaust the muscle before I get to my heaviest weight. I hope some of you guys give this a try and tell me how you like it. GL :)

noteven

Reaction score
What? No replies yet? BTW that pic is of me on my 67th BD.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Not saying the routine you mention doesn't provide the results that you are after, I'm saying everybody has thier own little tweaks to warming up, and they will say "this is what works for me". Good work on staying in shape.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am gonna do this with deadlift

135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 5
495 x 5
585 x 5
600 x 5 the pass out with a big grin on my face

noteven

Reaction score
Yeah Stonetag ... I figured as much, just hoping someone would give me some feed back after trying it, thats all :)

noteven

Reaction score
Thanks ... I am a die hard, that's all!

Canadian muscle

Reaction score
i just take 30mg dbol 1 hour pre workout when I want a good pump hehe

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're 67 and use smiley's and LOL's? AND you want a bunch of replies right away and have to make it a point in every thread to point out your age and that that's you in your AVI? I'm not buying it. Like at all. I smell a 18-23 yr old kid posing as an old man to try and get a source. Or an attempt to troll.

noteven

Reaction score
Wow Colt ... That is cold & your dead wrong. I was born Nov.14th 1947. Started lifting when I was 14 because I was a skinny kid picked on by bullies much like yourself. I joined the Army at age 17 during the Vietnam War. My MOS was a Parachute Rigger Instructor. I taught how to pack parachutes to Marine Recon, Air force Load Masters, Navy UDT, to name a few. I have been divorced twice & have 3 sons, 39,38 and 28. I also have 13 grandsons and unfortunately no girls in the bunch. I have never done Roids except for a TRT program I started a few months back and quit because I could no longer afford it. So even if I wanted them I can not afford them. Also I live in California so if I wanted them there is plenty to be had out here. I certainly would not buy them off of the internet. I am here because I deeply believe in the benefits of weight training. It has gotten me through a lot of tough times including recovering from a serious motorcycle accident in my 20's and Coronary Bypass Surgery when I was in my 40's. I just want people to know that they can keep themselves young looking at least from the neck down by the way of a good resistance training program and a fitness lifestyle. I am here to share and learn that's it. be rest assured I won't be asking were I can buy gear.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your Doc put you on TRT after Coronary Bypass Surgery? I'm not getting involved in the who are you debate, but that is very interesting to me. I guess I assumed that Bypass Surgery would be a big red flag to a trt doc. Can you tell me about your Dr's opinion on your bypass and that trt would be good for you? I'm genuinely interested.

noteven

Reaction score
I go to the VA in Long Beach for most of my medical needs. They would not go the TRT route with me so I found one in Anaheim who claimed to specialize in TRT. He did not seem to have a problem with my having Bypass. He started me off with 100mg per week. BTW after blood tests my Total was 525 where as my free T was only 2. He said he wanted to get my free T up to 25. I am a little confused about the numbers because I see different numbers being used on different websites. Anyway I was up to 200 mg a week doing IM's every 3 1/2 days. I was just starting to notice the positive effects about 4 months in when I had to quit. I have no idea what my bloods were at the end of the 4 months.

noteven

Reaction score
I have no idea what your talking about

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm a bully because I call someone out who I think is a fake on a board that I love and that I've been a member for 2.5 yrs? Not to mention the yr and a half I was on fagology before that and all the bs I've seen people pull on the net. If I smell bullshit I'm not afraid to call someone on it. If that's being a "bully" in your words, you are either a woman or are as sensitive as one. If I am wrong, I apologize. But I'm not afraid to voice my opinion. I'm a grown man.

noteven

Reaction score
I'm a bully because I call someone out who I think is a fake on a board that I love and that I've been a member for 2.5 yrs? Not to mention the yr and a half I was on fagology before that and all the bs I've seen people pull on the net. If I smell bullshit I'm not afraid to call someone on it. If that's being a "bully" in your words, you are either a woman or are as sensitive as one. If I am wrong, I apologize. But I'm not afraid to voice my opinion. I'm a grown man.

You have the tact of a Horses Ass and I am offended by your comments. Someone one my age doesn't really give a **** what you think, so take your arrogance and cram it.

T

TriniJuice

(Time for TJ to play DevilsAdvocate)

Why are all your pics in black n white,
Seems like you found some old guy in a remote part of germany and stole his pics bcuz you like to roleplay

(muhahahaha)

New Threads