Red or white?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

Is there any federation that this squat would not fly?

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
looks solid to me I dont know shit though you def broke the parallel

Reaction score
Newwwww ENGlaaaaand Clam Chowwwwwder!! Is that the red or the white??? Dammit I can never remember that one!!! The white???! Reheheheheaaallly!!

I love the shorts Snake and the music. You kill me bruh lol.

That's a good lift to me tho. I don't know shit about Feds but the lift looked legit. Seem to be leaning a bit more forward while standing up. How far down do you position the bar on your back?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
nice and I know nothing of what you are asking but you do seem to lean forward through the whole squat....nice shorts :) and ron will like your socks!

Mrs.IH88

Lady Member
Reaction score
I agree, leaning forward a little much. Widen stance a little? Maybe point the toes a little outward.
Personally I like to use a bench to prevent myself from leaning forward.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I love the shorts Snake and the music. You kill me bruh lol.

That's a good lift to me tho. I don't know shit about Feds but the lift looked legit. Seem to be leaning a bit more forward while standing up. How far down do you position the bar on your back?

Ok, I'll give ya my choice of music but I have to bust your balls (and Jenn's whatever) on the shorts. It's a singlet! you see, power lifters use them in these things called competitions. (LOL)

As for the bar, I keep it low in the trap grove. Yes I do lean forward; it's not textbook squatting but than nothing I do is textbook.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Red or white?

We talking about the hells angels

Or

Wine???

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Snake you just hit parallel here which is good enough.

Can you get rid of those sneakers though? I don't want you rolling your ankle. You lose force with them too.

If you are having trouble getting deeper than that which you kinda don't need to work on stretching the adductor and push the knees out more.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree, leaning forward a little much. Widen stance a little? Maybe point the toes a little outward.
Personally I like to use a bench to prevent myself from leaning forward.
That forward lean is typical of a power squat. Oly lifters squat more upright but they don't move weights that PL do.

Reaction score
Ok, I'll give ya my choice of music but I have to bust your balls (and Jenn's whatever) on the shorts. It's a singlet! you see, power lifters use them in these things called competitions. (LOL)

As for the bar, I keep it low in the trap grove. Yes I do lean forward; it's not textbook squatting but than nothing I do is textbook.

Lmao!!! I had no idea it was a singlet. See I told you Im NO PLer lol

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Snake you just hit parallel here which is good enough.

Can you get rid of those sneakers though? I don't want you rolling your ankle. You lose force with them too.

If you are having trouble getting deeper than that which you kinda don't need to work on stretching the adductor and push the knees out more.

I got ya POB on the wheels. I don't know why but those kicks do not bother me. You are right though about the lose of force. I equate it to trying to close a suitcase on the bed.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the comps but it looked solid as hell to me bro. How do you squat in those running shoes? I'd drop that shit on my head if I tried.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It looked good to me Snake. You might get one red from the big man. That's just to let you know you were close.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
It looked good to me Snake. You might get one red from the big man. That's just to let you know you were close.

My take on "A good lift" for the squat is this; the head judge has the worst possible angle so assuming you're close and complete the lift, you got him. Now you are just left with left and right; convince one of them and you're golden.

I'm not of the caliber to be setting records all over the place but I do wonder how much of a difference there is in a record attempt? The squat seems a little more subjective then the other 2 lifts. Though I have seen some serious hitching in the DL that got 2 out of 3 white lights.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the comps but it looked solid as hell to me bro. How do you squat in those running shoes? I'd drop that shit on my head if I tried.

You wouldn't be the first one to give me shit over it. As I said before, I'm not the textbook example of anything. Wait until I post a DL! LOL

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I got ya POB on the wheels. I don't know why but those kicks do not bother me. You are right though about the lose of force. I equate it to trying to close a suitcase on the bed.
Awesome analogy. Mind If I Use That?

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I hate to be the "fed guy" but that squat probably averages 3 whites in the SPF and would always get 3 reds in the USAPL.

Of course the IPF is the international affiliate of the USAPL and they red lighted Ed Coan after he dragged his balls on the ground at the worlds.

All in, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think deep down everyone knows when they are cheating the squat. You weren't. Good work.

New Threads